Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you

hideOriginal Post

Jul 24, 09 at 4:24amJesh

Should I get this on the PC? I wanted it before, but I don't have a PS3 or 360?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 02, 09 at 8:30pm
Diamond Master

You can just do what Celes said, it IS XBL just for the PC, I would like GFWL Parties like they have Xbox Live Parites, though.

Too bad you can get unlockers for this game. I hate people who use Tanden Engine + EX Shoryuken as Seth online. >_>

Sep 02, 09 at 3:33pm
Celes Leonhart

Can you not like, bring up Windows Live and 'invite friend to game'? I have zero knowledge on the subject, but I'm assuming that it's possible as the system is modelled around Xbox Live.

Sep 01, 09 at 4:29am
Northern49

Is there any way to play with specific people over the internet?

Aug 28, 09 at 9:42pm
DeadCell

quote Northern49
I bought the game via Steam last night and I loved it. I was playing it for what must have been at least 4 hours, but not surprisingly more than 6. The moves are easy to execute, but at the same time complex enough to require some level of skill. I'm having some trouble with the trail mode, though. It seems impossible to do a [Jump] Medium Kick + a (in air) Flame Knuckle. 2 moves in one jump. A few of us swear to GOD we did it a few times, but the game wasn't registering it for us. Is this a bug? Regardless, the actual game is fantastic. Too many sharks though. Even if you play online on very easy you'll find pros who just want to grief the noobs.
It takes time, its all about timing, and priorities.
I had a lot of trouble at first too, I have a teacher who did ALL of them lol.

Aug 28, 09 at 5:36pm
Northern49

I bought the game via Steam last night and I loved it. I was playing it for what must have been at least 4 hours, but not surprisingly more than 6. The moves are easy to execute, but at the same time complex enough to require some level of skill. I'm having some trouble with the trail mode, though. It seems impossible to do a [Jump] Medium Kick + a (in air) Flame Knuckle. 2 moves in one jump. A few of us swear to GOD we did it a few times, but the game wasn't registering it for us. Is this a bug? Regardless, the actual game is fantastic. Too many sharks though. Even if you play online on very easy you'll find pros who just want to grief the noobs.

Aug 14, 09 at 5:03pm
Celes Leonhart

And for the simple reason I now know several other titles with achievement abilities, I arrive home having paid £4 for The Club, haha. Mediocre game but throw some virtual numbers around and it's suddenly tip of the fingers.

Aug 13, 09 at 1:36am
chautemoc

It was definitely justified to some extent, but at least with the games themselves, they've really got a lot to show for themselves nowadays. Reading interviews, I'd like to believe they've changed in other departments as well, though I know some industry folk who believe otherwise, with some degree of proof. Well, these things do take time..we'll see.

Yeah, LIVE has only been growing since last year, when they made it completely free. I'm definitely addicted to achievements..I'm going after the "Legendary Champion" one for SF IV..it seems to be one of the hardest -- crazy requirements.

Aug 12, 09 at 10:55pm
Celes Leonhart

EA hate used to be kind of justified; now it's not really in the slightest. I didn't realise it was actually easy to crack and get around the system though, which makes me things much more tolerable.

That's quite a small list of games...but it's still surprising how many do have achievements that I didn't even realise. Some of them I've been really wanting to get for a while (Quantum of Solace, Dawn of War II), so I think that's giving me a slightly bigger nudge towards it haha. Street Fighter IV too

There's something about Playstation 3 trophies that just appeal to me infinitely less.

Aug 12, 09 at 7:17pm
chautemoc

Not really, it's just the majority loves to hate EA, and they are big, so they get the most attention. Mass Effect and BioShock, absolutely, at first, I wouldn't have recommended anyone buy. The thing with them is they have online activation..personally I don't feel comfortable with this, but since there are cracks out there should you ever not be able to activate your game (no Internet or servers killed), I buy games with it if I want them badly enough. Of course, it's a highly personal choice. The other thing was they had install limits -- essentially you were renting the game for $50.
But awhile after release, EA and 2K have both released revoke tools so basically with a minor inconvenience, you can install as many times as you want as with most games. Sucks you have to do it at all, but that's what pirates have done to PC gaming, unfortunately...

Street Fighter IV does! It uses Games for Windows LIVE -- all games that use this have achievements. I've been having a blast unlocking them all.

Aug 09, 09 at 10:36am
Celes Leonhart

On a quick investigation, it appears that EA games with SecuROM are the only ones anyone seems to have any beef with. I was under the assumption that the biggest problem was how it was near impossible to uninstall, but I don't know how relevant that still is. Either way a lot of the quickly-spread rumours deterred me from buying the likes of Mass Effect and BioShock.

Seeing as I've mainly bought multiplatform games on console rather than PC with the exclusion of most FPS titles, a vaguely on-topic question: Does Street Fighter IV (and most other multiplatform PC games) have achievements?