Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Clear August HG/SS Scans. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Pidgeot Pikachu Surf 1 Pangoro Mareep Trozei Ivysaur Altaria Shiny Altaria Shiny Armaldo Stunfisk Adamant Orb Aguav Berry Armor Fossil Aspear Berry Berry Juice Bicycle Big Pearl Bulk Berry Cheri Berry Cherish Ball Chesto Berry Claw Fossil Cover Fossil Dawn Stone Dive Ball DNA Splicers Dome Fossil Dream Ball Dusk Ball Dusk Stone Enigma Berry Enigma Stone Fast Ball Figy Berry Fire Stone Fresh Water Friend Ball Great Ball Heal Ball Heavy Ball Helix Fossil Iapapa Berry Kelpsy Berry Leaf Stone Lemonade Level Ball Love Ball Lum Berry Lure Ball Luxury Ball Mago Berry Master Ball Max Revive MooMoo Milk Moon Ball Moon Stone Nanab Berry Nest Ball Net Ball Nugget Old Amber Oran Berry Park Ball Pearl Pecha Berry Persim Berry Pinap Berry Plume Fossil PokeDoll PokeToy Pomeg Berry Premier Ball Quick Ball Rainbow Wing Rawst Berry Razz Berry Repeat Ball Revival Herb Revive Root Fossil Safari Ball Shiny Stone Sitrus Berry Skull Fossil Slowpoke Tail Soda Pop Soul Dew Sport Ball Star Piece Stardust Sun Stone Super Rod Thunder Stone Timer Ball Ultra Ball Water Stone Wepear Berry Wiki Berry Biker Bird Keeper 1 Blackbelt Blastoise Blue 1 Blue 2 Brock 1 Bruno 1 Bruno 2 Buena 1 Bulbasaur Lapras Surf 1 Charizard Charmander Charmeleon Chuck Clair 1 Darkrai Golden Dialga Pikachu Surf 2 Quagsire Electrike Elm 1 Espurr Ethan 1 Shiny Umbreon Firebreather 1 Fisherman 2 Fisherman 1 Flareon Furfrou PokeBall Glaceon Griseous Orb GS Ball Lapras Surf 2 Guitarist 1 PO Champion Janine 1 Jolteon Jolteon Kimono Girl B Kimono Girl G Kimono Girl R Koga 1 Kris Lance 1 Lance 2 Leafeon Luxio Floppy Magikarp Medium Mega Ampharos MegaAerodactyl MegaAlakazam MegaBlastoise MegaBlaziken MegaGyarados MegaHoundoom MegaKangaskhan MegaMewtwoX MegaMewtwoY MegaPinsir MegaScizor MegaTyranitar MegaVenusaur Missingno Misty 1 Misty 2 Mother Johto Mother Kanto Monica Morty 1 Mr Fuji Oak 1 Oak 2 Officer 1 Nidorina Nidoqueen Nidorino Nidoking Victreebel Tentacruel Ponyta Slowpoke Shiny Ninetales Axew Volcarona Larvesta Throh Sawk Cottonee Maractus Clefable Vulpix Ninetails Shaymin Sky Forme Ariados Mareep Flygon Shuppet Togekiss Lucario Togetic Eevee Psyduck Slowpoke Marill Magikarp Victini Elekid Mawile Arcanine Makuhita Muk Shedinja Spinda Scraggy Pikachu Raichu Chikorita Pichu Unown Treecko Torchic Mudkip Espeon Lugia Bulbasaur Charmander Squirtle Cyndaquil Turtwig Totodile Chimchar Infernape Mewtwo Mew Natu Flaaffy Snivy Ampharos Tepig Celebi Bellossom Shiny Dratini Dratini Dragonair Dragonite Oshawott Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Leafeon Glaceon Umbreon Slaking Luxray Pidgey Wobbuffet Wynaut Zapdos Monferno Swampert Feraligatr Corphish Machamp Blaziken Ludicolo Shiny Charizard Moltres Articuno Shadow Lugia Raikou Entei Suicine Ho-Oh Regirock Latias Latios Rayquaza Kyogre Jirachi Deoxys Groudon Uxie Azelf Dialga Mesprit Palkia Heatran Regigigas Cresselia Giratina Phione Manaphy Darkrai Arceus Shaymin Teddiursa Slugma Ursaring Cinccino Genesect Meloetta Aria Forme Keldeo Resolute Form Keldeo Meloetta Pirouette Forme Mienshao Lilligant Haxorus Pansear Pansage Panpour Scraggy Victini Reshiram Audino Zekrom Snivy Oshawott Tepig Whimsicott Sawsbuck Swanna Seaking Starmie Tauros Gloom Vileplume Snorlax Crawdaunt Ambipom Ivysaur Venusaur Charmeleon Charizard Wartortle Blastoise Bayleef Quilava Typhlosion Feraligatr Croconaw Alakazam Kadabra Grovyle Sceptile Combusken Marshtomp Paras Grotle Torterra Prinplup Empoleon Parasect Servine Serperior Pignite Emboar Dewott Samurott Dugtrio Jynx Diglett Shiny Gyarados Absol Hydreigon Cobalion Terrakion Virizion Tornadus Therian Forme Tornadus Thundurus Thundurus Therian Forme Sableye Spiritomb Shiny Ditto Ditto Kingler Jigglypuff Kyurem White Kyurem Zorua Zoroark Deino Mienfoo Cubchoo Landorus Landorus Therian Forme Black Kyurem Butterfree Ekans Arbok Nidoran Female Nidoran Male Zubat Growlithe Abra Bellsprout Tentacool Gastly Haunter Gengar Horsea Goldeen Staryu Mr Mime Gyarados Lapras Poochyena Zigzagoon Linoone Wurmple Shiftry Ralts Kirlia Wingull Gardevoir Mime Jr Masquerain Shroomish Slakoth Feebas Regice Registeel Happiny Shiny Sneasel Magnemite Magneton Litwick Lampent Chandelure Quilava Breloom Spiky Eared Pichu Stunfisk Rattata Sneasel Blissey Heracross Weavile Smeargle Sawsbuck Autumn Sawsbuck Winter Sawsbuck Summer Sawsbuck Spring Shiny Dratini Magcargo Lotad Politoed Spoink Darumaka Bouffalant Zweilous Eelektross Staraptor Omanyte Azumarill Burmy Plant Cloak Porygon 2 Burmy Trash Cloak Porygon 2 Surskit Larvitar Spheal Luvdisc Jumpluff Whiscash Castform Chimecho Gorebyss Nurse Joy 1 Picnicker 1 Piplup Unfezant Female Unfezant Male Pokefan FanClub Chairman Porygon Psy Duck Rare Candy RBY Surf Red 2 Red 1 Riolu Rocket Grunt F Rocket Grunt M Sage Sailor Shiny Celebi Shiny Espeon Shiny Latias Shiny Latios Shiny Rapidash Shiny Milotic Shiny Milotic Shiny Charizard Silver 1 Sliggoo CabbageSpeehs Squirtle Sylveon Sylveon Team Aqua Team Magma Togekiss Wobbuffet Trozei Tuscany 1 VarietyBlack Venusaur Wartortle WiFi Trophy Youngster 1

hideOriginal Post

Jul 13, 09 at 2:47pmTf916

[img]

The first scan was already shown earlier this week, but now we can see Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Entei's sprites. Overworld shots of Ho-Oh in front of the Tin Tower and Lugia in the Whirl Islands are also shown. The scenes will probably precede or follow those 3D shots of Ho-Oh flying around the Tin Tower and Lugia sitting behind the wave of water - the 3D scenes that were revealed a while ago. Both Pokemon are at Level 45.

The second scan shows the Kimono Girls, Red Gyarados, Pokemon Gyms, and more Pokethlon mini-games. It appears that inside of Ilex Forest, you can team up with one of the Kimono Girls to help her find the exit, similar to Cheryl in DPPt's Eterna Forest. The scan states that the Kimono Girl holds a "key" to the story, perhaps meaning that she literally has a key for the player. The screenshot that shows the dance studio the Kimono Girls reside in has a Team Rocket grunt in it, so it seems Team Rocket has some involvement with them... the grunt says, "So, you can't listen to your customer's commands, huh?", yelling at the Kimono Girls. When you encounter the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, it will be raining. It's at Level 30.

In addition to the Dash Hurdle and Bound Field mini-games we learned about yesterday, the scan reveals two new Pokethlon games: Ring-Out Fight and Shooting Snow. Shooting Snow seems to involve... shooting snow, while Ring-Out Fight appears to be like the Hitmontop game in Pokemon Stadium 2 where you have to knock Pokemon out of a ring (though we can't confirm that for sure). The Pokethlon comes with five different courses, each based on the speed, power, technique, stamina, and jump stats. Each course is made up of three races.

For the third scan we have PokeGear and PokeWalker information. You can check the Johto map on the PokeGear and it has a radio and phone (not real ones of course). Unlike previous Pokemon games, you can now assign two key items (like a Super Rod and Bicycle) using the DS's Y button and a reserved button on the touch screen. The scan also shows that the Item Finder has been redesigned, which you can see on the middle of the page to the left (the black circle with orange and a dot). You can also use it as you walk - you do not have to stop to use it. The scan also states that when you win a battle, your mom will save up money for you and will sometimes use it to buy items for you.

As for the PokeWalker, you can connect to a friend's PokeWalker using your own. On the bottom of the scan you can see two PokeWalkers connecting to each other, one with a Cyndaquil and the other with a Pikachu. One of the players receives an Oran Berry in doing so, which means that there will probably be ways of obtaining items when connecting with your friend's PokeWalker. Additionally, one of the screenshots shows the PokeWalker's Item Finder discovering a Rare Candy, which may mean it will allow players to obtain rare items. The scan also gives us our first look of a Pokemon getting captured on the PokeWalker - you can see a Poke Ball capturing a Sentret. While battling Sentret, there is a new option - "Dodge." You can choose to dodge your opponent's attacks and then retaliate, just like in the anime. It is also revealed that the PokeWalker will record your daily progress in a journal.

As for the fourth scan, it confirms that the Level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina you receive from Arceus will be able to learn Metal Burst, Hydro Pump, and Shadow Sneak (respectively). There are screenshots of each Pokemon using their attack.

In the final scan, Notched-Ear Pichu's attacks are confirmed to be Pain Split, Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, and Swagger. It is also stated that it cannot evolve and it cannot be traded out of the two games.

With these new scans posted, we can now say that the Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo factoids posted the other day were most likely fake. There is no indication in the scans of any of those Pokemon being in the games, though if Kanto is included, Mewtwo may be too. Lugia and Ho-Oh having "hidden abilities" was also not in the scans.

Could minor differences in Pokemon sprites like Notched-Ear Pichu and the dodge option be early features of the next generation of games? We'll find out next year most likely!

http://pokebeach.com/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 09 at 9:12pm
Matt Player Of AC

quote timmytitch92
awesome i love the entie and lugia 1... im a little disopointed with the ho-oh one however it kind of put me off of having him in my team now :\ but im mostly going to be submiting my team to pbr so yea... do you think the sprites may differ a little per version?
Thats something I don't like about RSE and DPPT. I remember there were different sprites for each version. In GSC alone, each pokemon all together had 15 individual sprites, front, back and shiny. 3765 for all pokemon, then there was unown, which means 52 added.

man has GF gotten lazy.

Aug 05, 09 at 10:53am
timmytitch92

quote Rex the Water Rider
Ho-Oh's wings is like that because he flew ALL DAY LONG! Longer he fly, the more pain he push the wings down and close them. Oh yeah, a game had Ho-Oh with its wings closed. I think Orre had Ho-Oh's wings closed or it was older generation of 3D style games.
it couldnt of been Xd and coloseum i replayed them last week with ho-oh on them and his wings where opend same with lugia articuno moltres and zapdos... why is zapdos flying while the rest are on the ground? just wondering why hes the odd 1 out

Aug 05, 09 at 3:13am
Rex the Water Rider

Ho-Oh's wings is like that because he flew ALL DAY LONG! Longer he fly, the more pain he push the wings down and close them. Oh yeah, a game had Ho-Oh with its wings closed. I think Orre had Ho-Oh's wings closed or it was older generation of 3D style games.

Aug 04, 09 at 9:49pm
timmytitch92

awesome i love the entie and lugia 1... im a little disopointed with the ho-oh one however it kind of put me off of having him in my team now :\ but im mostly going to be submiting my team to pbr so yea... do you think the sprites may differ a little per version?

Aug 02, 09 at 9:46pm
Matt Player Of AC

That is actually really good translating, grammar win! =D

However, the PokeRadar seems kinda like the pokewalker. Well, it is. Is that the English name, or is it just the way that there was a translating.

Jul 29, 09 at 10:15pm
Dark Chaos

quote Tf916
Credit to Yaminokame from Serebii and Pokebeach Forums.

....................Wow..............Who Translated that?.......................Hrm................Thats Beautiful.............Thanks for Giving me 70% more info on this game and i know that there is a 99999999% i WILLGet this game

Jul 16, 09 at 9:42pm
Matt Player Of AC

the Houhou overworld eats children, its now bigger than half of the trainer, likewise Lugia. I'm just pissed that HouHou is still in that dreaded pose

Jul 16, 09 at 4:56pm
NickAlert

I just found these on my website for HG/SS. Well, I put them up there a long time ago and they werent animated so I guess Nintendo updated the images xD

And playing around with the URL got me:

Jul 16, 09 at 4:29pm
Reenee

Goddamn Sugimori.

Jul 16, 09 at 4:25pm
Shadow1994

quote Reenee
Quick question:

Is that Agatha with Soul looking down the hole? I see it's her with her cane. It's not Karen because Karen's hair is longer and you can see the furry collar from Agatha's coat. Just wondering because, well, the Kanto E4 members (barring Bruno...and Green) weren't really present in Gold and Silver, were they?

This message was edited by Reenee on Jul 16 2009.
...Thats Eusine and the female trainer...