Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Currently Reading Ch.6 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 2:12pmLight Druid

Continuing from the 5th installment of the thread here.
quote Auron Blade
I just picked up "Running With The Demon"by Terry Brooks, also reading "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.
quote AvengedAnger
Reading the Power of One... Just finished The Book Thief. Absolutely amazing.
And go!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 20, 15 at 9:27pm
Redemption

I took a break after finishing Daniel Suarez's Influx (see my post here), but now started to read an old series of books that I've read before: The Darksword Trilogy.

So far its slow going. I'm a Tracy Hickman & Margaret Weis fan but the writing seems less polished than I recall .

May 18, 15 at 4:55pm
Willow

Outlander was amazing, and there are 7 more books in the series which will keep me going for a while =o

For now though, I am reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. It has recently been made into a BBC series which hasn't screened here in Oz yet so thought I'd get into the book first before seeing it. I'm finding the read a little confusing at the moment because there are a million characters and half of them seem to be called Thomas, but it's an interesting look into the life of Thomas Cromwell, lowly born murderer and beaten nearly to death by his father, a man who works up to become King Henry VIIIs right hand man. But.... the nature of historical fiction, I already know what happens to all of his wives and Anne Boleyn thinks she's going to have a fine time right now. Despite me having visited the very spot where her head rolled off her body.

May 18, 15 at 11:17am
Virtue

Could not manage to finish The Black Death: The Chronicle of the Plague by Johannes Nohl. As much as I hate just giving up on a book halfway through, I could not find any ambition to continue it. Would highly recommend it for research, but that's about it.

Right now I'm reading The History of the Ancient World by Susan Wise Bauer and it's definitely one of the more insightful survey books I've ever read. It tells a good story and there's plenty of interesting anecdotes to go along with it. Still continuing on with the last few parts of The Tale of Genji as well, but it's a work in progress.

May 16, 15 at 3:13am
IamthebestNever

The Death Cure by James Dashner.

May 15, 15 at 6:34am
Mister MacPhisto

Short fiction of late. Particularly Ambrose Bierce short fiction.

"Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" and "The Damned Thing" more specifically. Great writer.

May 14, 15 at 11:57pm
Child of Death and D

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Just getting this over with. You'd think traveling solo around America doing whatever you want would be a new thing but then you find the so-called beatniks have done that concept to death

May 14, 15 at 5:57am
Fluidity

Since my last post back in February, I've read about half of each of the following: The Dhammapada (for university), TWD Compendium 2, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Pillow Book. I hate having multiple books started at once but I got messed up during the busy semester. I have two days of classes left then finals then I'll be able to read as much as I want in the evenings after work. :3

Apr 02, 15 at 4:10pm
Willow

quote Mouldy Cheese
I'm currently reading Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. Someone recommended the tv series to me and I freakin' loved it (BUT WHYYY did it have to end on such a cliff hanger ;_; ). Good so far! A little bit mushy.[/color]
Ooh I just bought the DVD of Outlander yesterday (I don't have fancy things like Fox Tel to watch it on) it just looked 100% my sort of thing as soon as I read the blurb and was on a good special - so looking forward to it It does sound like a slightly pinched idea from the British series Goodnight Sweetheart, though.

At the moment I am reading The Thousand Dollar Tan Line , the first of the Veronica Mars books set after last years Veronica Mars movie, I was only just made aware that there were any books and was going to let you know about them MC as I know you're a fan of Logan the series.

Is anyone of the Girl with the dragon tattoo/ Millenium Trilogy interested in this new sequel thats due to be released later this year? Larsson, the author, died ten years ago before his work became famous but apparently left an 'outline' of his planned fourth book. I guess I'll just wait for the release and subsequent reviews as I'm not sure how I feel about another author taking over one of my favourite literary characters.

Mar 31, 15 at 9:43am
Yukari

I saw the thread for Ready Player One here, and one of my classmates read it and really liked it, so I picked it up! Not very far into it but I already like it!
nvm I'm returning this garbage.

Mar 30, 15 at 4:10pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote Dragoon
Finished LotR, now on to Wheel of Time. Kill me.
Holy jeez, you're a glutton for punishment!
I don't think I could read those two series back to back ;_;

Particularly seeing as WoT #1 is really similar to a lot of LOTR.