Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Currently Reading Ch.6 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 2:12pmLight Druid

Continuing from the 5th installment of the thread here.
quote Auron Blade
I just picked up "Running With The Demon"by Terry Brooks, also reading "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.
quote AvengedAnger
Reading the Power of One... Just finished The Book Thief. Absolutely amazing.
And go!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 24, 15 at 9:20pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote Child of Death and D
Also are we bolding the titles of our books or italicizing them? It feels like I'm on a MLA referencing page
It definitely makes it easier to figure out what people are reading I kinda like being able to scroll the page and seeing the books I'm interested or have previously read stand out.

I'm currently reading Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. Someone recommended the tv series to me and I freakin' loved it (BUT WHYYY did it have to end on such a cliff hanger ;_; ). Good so far! A little bit mushy.

Mar 23, 15 at 5:04pm
Child of Death and D

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

God I hate school. If the description to the life in the book Saturday is indicative of anything, my future career will be spent researching articles and looking at books rather than reading for fun. It's clear that the world can do without fiction.

Also are we bolding the titles of our books or italicizing them? It feels like I'm on a MLA referencing page

Mar 14, 15 at 6:23pm
Mouldy Cheese

I am currently reading The Republic of Thieves, the third book in the Gentleman Bastards series. Gotta say, I'm not enjoying it as much as the previous two books. It's gotten a little slow and a little sappy. That's not to say I'm not loving it, I just prefer the others in the series. The next one isn't out until July, argh!!

Gawd. I have to stop reading series that haven't finished yet :<
At least Sanderson writes quickly! I may have to give a re-read through Way of Kings sometime before the next book comes out.

Mar 14, 15 at 6:02pm
Chrono

quote Dantess26
Currently reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. Very well written, though odd that there isn't any speech marks denoting the characters dialogue. Is this very common in older fiction?

Also have Leviathan Wakes (James S.A Corey) and The Humans (Matt Haig) to read.

And sitting around on my Kindle; Stardust (Neil Gaiman), The Blade Itself (Joe Abercrombie), The Evil and The Pure (Darren Dash also known as Darren Shan) and The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor
He never uses quotations or denotations for dialogue. Just his personal style. Also, Blood Meridian is one of my favorite novels. Although, maybe "favorite" isn't the best word.

Dragoon get them read. You won't regret it.

Mar 10, 15 at 1:05am
Ascii

Dantess26 quotation marks and other other dialogue marks actually have a very interesting history. There are several reasons as to why an author would omit them or replace them. Some think the quotation marks slow down the reading so they leave them out to give the thought or speech a more immediate presence. But yes, there were several ways of denoting speech before inverted commas came along. I would actually recommend researching it a bit, I found it quite fascinating.

Mar 09, 15 at 12:12pm
Dantess26

Currently reading Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. Very well written, though odd that there isn't any speech marks denoting the characters dialogue. Is this very common in older fiction?

Also have Leviathan Wakes (James S.A Corey) and The Humans (Matt Haig) to read.

And sitting around on my Kindle; Stardust (Neil Gaiman), The Blade Itself (Joe Abercrombie), The Evil and The Pure (Darren Dash also known as Darren Shan) and The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

Mar 08, 15 at 8:23pm
Fluidity

I'm in the middle of a few myself. I first started ICO: Castle in the Mist, then when I got my (first) Kindle I started A Tale of Two Cities. I also have to read the Tao Te Ching for my philosophy class and then I have two book club titles to read. How exciting. :3

Mar 08, 15 at 6:45pm
Ascii

I'm currently reading several books. One is called The Boy that was Raised as a Dog. It's a non-fiction book about the psychological affects childhood abuse has and accounts from a therapist's experience with several incredibly horrifying situations. The other I believe is called A Brief History of just about Everything which is another non-fiction title.

I have several more that I've started, but the only fiction book I'm currently reading is called Know it All. It's about a man trying to memorize the entire Encyclopedia Britannica to become more intelligent. It's given me a few nice laughs so far.

Mar 06, 15 at 3:26pm
Mister MacPhisto

Dragoon.... good God man!

Focus!

Mar 06, 15 at 2:46pm
Dragoon

I... might have got distracted with video games... Still on The Hobbit!