Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Currently Reading Ch.6 » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 2:12pmLight Druid

Continuing from the 5th installment of the thread here.
quote Auron Blade
I just picked up "Running With The Demon"by Terry Brooks, also reading "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.
quote AvengedAnger
Reading the Power of One... Just finished The Book Thief. Absolutely amazing.
And go!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 23, 16 at 8:07am
Grayson

The use of Anthropomorphism here makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but it's really interesting so far!

Sep 19, 16 at 11:01am
sword_of_omens

I wanted something to read that was similar to the Dresden files which I love...

I already went through the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne, and the Sandman Slim Series by Richard Kadrey....
so I am currently reading "Hidden" (Book 5 in the Alex Verus Series) by Benedict Jacka
Not a bad series...most likely finish this and the rest of the series within the month...

Sep 17, 16 at 11:22am
carous Elambra

2000AD Sci-fi Special. It came with a Judge Dredd Poster.

Sep 16, 16 at 9:38am
Kaharius

Frederick Forsyth's The Day of The Jackal. Just got past the long intros these books usually have, and into the crux of the story. Liking it more and more as I go on.

Sep 14, 16 at 8:26am
Grayson

I am currently reading Hollow City by Random Riggs. I enjoyed the first book immensely!
I might try and pick up a few classics after this - eyeing on Oliver Twist and 1984.

Sep 4, 16 at 8:33am
Kaiba

quote Shadow of Death
I tend to prefer re-reading stories I know I like, rather than trying something new....
This is my issue as well. I have difficulty picking up new books because I'm so busy cycling through all my favorite series.

Aug 30, 16 at 3:34am
Shadow of Death

In the past couple of years I've been mostly listening to audiobooks and reading fanfiction (MLP Fanfiction almost exclusively). Some of those audiobooks are MLP fanfiction readings as it is. In fact, the most recent audiobook I have been listening to is Fallout: Equestria (Manehattan Edition).

The latest, and final, Richard and Kahlan novel has been sitting on my chair waiting to be read for months now.

I really ought to get on with it. I tend to prefer re-reading stories I know I like, rather than trying something new....

Aug 25, 16 at 6:43am
Kaiba

Been rereading Harry Potter. I'm on book 7 now, much to my chagrin. The book is great, of course, but Rowling starts killing people off for literally no reason other than to up the death toll. It's so stupid.

Been thinking about what I'll read next though. I have a strong desire to read Artemis Fowl again, but I also really need to finish Riordan's House of Hades and then finish the series off with Blood of Olympus.

I also kind of want to give something like Slaughterhouse Five a shot. I've never given it a chance, but apparently it's a great and very funny book. Speaking of which, I need to read Hitchhiker's Guide at some point as well.

Jul 23, 16 at 5:35am
Jabba Overkill

quote Mister MacPhisto
Finally made myself finish the last 150 pages or so of the final Wheel of Time. Just didn't want the ride to end.

Tell me about it...been stuck for a few months around 250 pages into David Copperfield. It's good so far, yet I still can't find the motivation to read it for a while. The fact that it's around 850 pages in total isn't helping either.

Jul 20, 16 at 5:00pm
Mister MacPhisto

Finally made myself finish the last 150 pages or so of the final Wheel of Time. Just didn't want the ride to end.