Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Currently Reading Ch.6 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 2:12pmLight Druid

Continuing from the 5th installment of the thread here.
quote Auron Blade
I just picked up "Running With The Demon"by Terry Brooks, also reading "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.
quote AvengedAnger
Reading the Power of One... Just finished The Book Thief. Absolutely amazing.
And go!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 02, 15 at 4:10pm
Willow

quote Mouldy Cheese
I'm currently reading Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. Someone recommended the tv series to me and I freakin' loved it (BUT WHYYY did it have to end on such a cliff hanger ;_; ). Good so far! A little bit mushy.[/color]
Ooh I just bought the DVD of Outlander yesterday (I don't have fancy things like Fox Tel to watch it on) it just looked 100% my sort of thing as soon as I read the blurb and was on a good special - so looking forward to it It does sound like a slightly pinched idea from the British series Goodnight Sweetheart, though.

At the moment I am reading The Thousand Dollar Tan Line , the first of the Veronica Mars books set after last years Veronica Mars movie, I was only just made aware that there were any books and was going to let you know about them MC as I know you're a fan of Logan the series.

Is anyone of the Girl with the dragon tattoo/ Millenium Trilogy interested in this new sequel thats due to be released later this year? Larsson, the author, died ten years ago before his work became famous but apparently left an 'outline' of his planned fourth book. I guess I'll just wait for the release and subsequent reviews as I'm not sure how I feel about another author taking over one of my favourite literary characters.

Mar 31, 15 at 9:43am
Yukari

I saw the thread for Ready Player One here, and one of my classmates read it and really liked it, so I picked it up! Not very far into it but I already like it!
nvm I'm returning this garbage.

Mar 30, 15 at 4:10pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote Dragoon
Finished LotR, now on to Wheel of Time. Kill me.
Holy jeez, you're a glutton for punishment!
I don't think I could read those two series back to back ;_;

Particularly seeing as WoT #1 is really similar to a lot of LOTR.

Mar 30, 15 at 8:18am
Mister MacPhisto

Dragoon, no problem buddy.

Been a while since I read it, so I might have some things jumbled... but I don't think I'd throw it on as spoilers per se, just what it references along with early foreshadowing sort of cheapens some things instead of outright spoiling if that makes sense.

Plus it kind of kills the mystique of some characters if that makes sense.

Mar 30, 15 at 7:45am
Dragoon

I never read prequel stuff until im finished with the main books. Thanks for the warning though Mac ^^

Mar 30, 15 at 6:45am
Mister MacPhisto

Dragoon, cool!

DON'T read the prequel first.... I think around book 5 or so is good for it.

Mar 30, 15 at 5:46am
Dragoon

Finished LotR, now on to Wheel of Time. Kill me.

Mar 24, 15 at 9:20pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote Child of Death and D
Also are we bolding the titles of our books or italicizing them? It feels like I'm on a MLA referencing page
It definitely makes it easier to figure out what people are reading I kinda like being able to scroll the page and seeing the books I'm interested or have previously read stand out.

I'm currently reading Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. Someone recommended the tv series to me and I freakin' loved it (BUT WHYYY did it have to end on such a cliff hanger ;_; ). Good so far! A little bit mushy.

Mar 23, 15 at 5:04pm
Child of Death and D

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

God I hate school. If the description to the life in the book Saturday is indicative of anything, my future career will be spent researching articles and looking at books rather than reading for fun. It's clear that the world can do without fiction.

Also are we bolding the titles of our books or italicizing them? It feels like I'm on a MLA referencing page

Mar 14, 15 at 6:23pm
Mouldy Cheese

I am currently reading The Republic of Thieves, the third book in the Gentleman Bastards series. Gotta say, I'm not enjoying it as much as the previous two books. It's gotten a little slow and a little sappy. That's not to say I'm not loving it, I just prefer the others in the series. The next one isn't out until July, argh!!

Gawd. I have to stop reading series that haven't finished yet :<
At least Sanderson writes quickly! I may have to give a re-read through Way of Kings sometime before the next book comes out.