Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Currently Reading Ch.6 » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 2:12pmLight Druid

Continuing from the 5th installment of the thread here.
quote Auron Blade
I just picked up "Running With The Demon"by Terry Brooks, also reading "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.
quote AvengedAnger
Reading the Power of One... Just finished The Book Thief. Absolutely amazing.
And go!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 23, 16 at 5:35am
Jabba Overkill

quote Mister MacPhisto
Finally made myself finish the last 150 pages or so of the final Wheel of Time. Just didn't want the ride to end.

Tell me about it...been stuck for a few months around 250 pages into David Copperfield. It's good so far, yet I still can't find the motivation to read it for a while. The fact that it's around 850 pages in total isn't helping either.

Jul 20, 16 at 5:00pm
Mister MacPhisto

Finally made myself finish the last 150 pages or so of the final Wheel of Time. Just didn't want the ride to end.

Jun 21, 16 at 5:12pm
Seldom

I finally decided to start reading the Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski. Started with The Last Wish .

Only a chapter in but so far it's excellent. I really dig the Witcher universe/lore, so i may be reading it through a slight rose tint.

Jun 6, 16 at 5:44am
Ghetto Prince

Iv restarted the Star Wars books from the old republic stuff an currently upto revenge of the sith. After this I'm going back to Terry Pratchett books.

May 19, 16 at 10:34am
Iscariot

haven't read lullaby myself, but have heard very good things. pygmy and damned are on my list, too. actually have the latter in my collection but haven't opened it up yet. guess I know what I'll be cracking into next time I have some free time.

May 19, 16 at 9:50am
Jabba Overkill

quote Iscariot
Palahniuk's style is what keeps me going back.

Same here. I didn't care much for the story in Choke but that dark and fast-paced Palahniuk style makes me wanting more. I was hoping you'd include Lullaby since I actually saw it in a book store the other day. I will look into it once I've made some progress with Copperfield.

May 19, 16 at 7:59am
Iscariot

quote Jabba Overkill
Iscariot wasn't it you who told me you've read some Palahniuk? Any recommendations? Only read Choke and Fight Club so far.

I'd check out invisible monsters and survivor. if you're in the mood for something that's really going to make your stomach turn, haunted will do that. it's interesting as it's a cohesive narrative composed of several short stories from each character.
only others of his that I've read are rant and snuff. neither were favorites, but check out a synopsis and see if those interest you. Palahniuk's style is what keeps me going back.

May 19, 16 at 1:52am
Jabba Overkill

I was simultaneously reading depending on the mood both Palahniuk's Choke and Dickens' David Coppefield. I just finished the first one so I'll just focus on the second for now.

Iscariot wasn't it you who told me you've read some Palahniuk? Any recommendations? Only read Choke and Fight Club so far.

May 12, 16 at 5:53am
Fluidity

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, but admittedly have more books started at once than I would like. I run the book club for my work site so random books keep getting thrown into my queue and prioritized. I guess I'll just list them out:

Recently Finished
My Beloved World - Sonia Sotomayor
Marijuana: The Unbiased Truth about the World’s Most Popular Weed - Kevin P. Hill
The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis - Steve Elliott
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

In Progress
Smoke Signals: A Social History of Marijuana - Medical, Recreational and Scientific - Martin A. Lee
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead - Brené Brown
Tragedy and Hope 101 - Joseph Plummer
Leaving the Illusion - Joseph Plummer

In Queue
American Gods - Neil Gaiman
A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens

I'm hoping grad school doesn't cut into my reading time.

Edit: Forgot some...

Apr 26, 16 at 4:59am
SummerHaze

The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes