Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Currently Reading Ch.6 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 2:12pmLight Druid

Continuing from the 5th installment of the thread here.
quote Auron Blade
I just picked up "Running With The Demon"by Terry Brooks, also reading "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.
quote AvengedAnger
Reading the Power of One... Just finished The Book Thief. Absolutely amazing.
And go!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 04, 15 at 2:21pm
carous Elambra

quote Fluidity
carous Elambra: Of course I only do it to my own books, and in erasable ink at that. I'm not an asshole lol. The only exceptions are textbooks and newspapers.

I like it when someone writes notes in my library books it's adventurous rawr. But nah, hey, I can respect that.

Feb 04, 15 at 2:19pm
Fluidity

carous Elambra: Of course I only do it to my own books, and in erasable ink at that. I'm not an asshole lol. The only exceptions are textbooks and newspapers.

Feb 04, 15 at 6:44am
carous Elambra

quote Fluidity
Finished TWD Compendium One, The Analects, and The Art of Intrusion (finally). The last was informative Mouldy Cheese, but damn the amount of typos had me face palming. I remember circling at least eight of them. I'm not sure I can recommend the book in your queue since I know you're like me in this respect.
You circle the words I hope that's not someone else's book. I actually do that too but in my mind's eye. Even though I am slightly dyslexic it is amazing how many small mistakes you'll find.

Feb 02, 15 at 10:08pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote Fluidity
Finished TWD Compendium One, The Analects, and The Art of Intrusion (finally). The last was informative Mouldy Cheese, but damn the amount of typos had me face palming. I remember circling at least eight of them. I'm not sure I can recommend the book in your queue since I know you're like me in this respect.
Fair enough! I actually started reading through Ghost in the Wires but dropped it about a third of the way through. It was interesting and all but just didn't grip me at all.

Feb 02, 15 at 9:05pm
Fluidity

Feb 01, 15 at 12:30pm
billyamaysed

Division Of Zero I just thought you would like to talk about what your reading to some people, so this would good place to do it

Jan 30, 15 at 6:56pm
billyamaysed

Gonna start reading Fahrenheit 451 as soon as possible

Jan 29, 15 at 2:54pm
Mouldy Cheese

Currently Reading
Red Seas Under Red Skies, book #2 of the 'Gentleman Bastard' series by Scott Lynch. It's bloody amazing. I am in love with the dialogue and Lynch has just sprung his way up into my top 3. Unfortunately, the series isn't actually finished yet...ughhh!!! I always seem to do this to myself >>

Recently Finished
The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
This one was...interesting. It was what I expected but somehow also not what I expected at the same time.
I honestly can't think of much to write about it :/
3/5

Shakespeare - the world as a stage by Bill Bryson
If you ever want to learn anything about anything, read Bill Bryson's take on it. He presents his information in such an interesting and easily readable way with lots of interjections and stories from around that time. I really enjoyed it and it was a nice reprieve from fiction.
4/5

On the Backburner
The Lives of Tao - I'll get there eventually
Altered Carbon - not a bad book, by any means, but pretty full on. Plus it's a crime/thriller which are really not a genre I tend to enjoy.

Jan 27, 15 at 12:59am
Dreadlock Holiday

Reading one of the books I got a while ago, "The Curious Incident of the dog in the night time". If you haven't read this, I suggest having a look, excellent book.

Jan 26, 15 at 5:15pm
Fluidity

Since my last post I've finished reading Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg and Lexicon by Max Barry, both having exceeded my expectations. Next on my list is Compendium One of The Walking Dead comics (which I'm already half way through), then I've decided to read the three books required for my Chinese Philosophy course- Tao Te Ching, The Analects, and The Dhammapada- before I start the class on Monday. Lol it's so easy to tell I'm getting old.