Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword » Introduction Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a game thread, feel free to drop them in here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Wooden Shield Beedle Boomerang Bow and Arrow Cucco Cat Clawshot Dark Triforce Deku Shield Power Din Ezlo Courage Farore Forest Minish Defeated Link Hero Bow Hookshot Blue Rupee Link Link Master Sword Minish Link Navi Wisdom Nayru Pendant of Courage Pendant of Power Pendant of Wisdom Zelda Scattershot Spinner Slingshot Triforce Triforce Link Vaati Windwaker Master Sword Zelda Zill

hideOriginal Post

Jun 20, 09 at 1:33amDio

I'm Twi, and I'm very pleased to introduce you all to this epic new forum.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 05, 13 at 2:20am
Troop116rules

Like Captain Nerditude, I also tend to go deep into explanation or thought before having the decency to introduce myself. I'm Troop116rules, the awfully-named 3-year-old Neo-poster. I also go by NerdPorkArsonist (PS3 username) and Drakonas.

This, to me, shined as a Zelda game more than the last 14 years. (Wind Waker might be up there) I grew up with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (which was my favorite for the N64 to be honest), so I can say when Nintendo needed to pull something new out of their faces...or noses...or feet...eww..

And they delivered with Skyward Sword, indubitably. Flying... fresh dungeon ideas and new types of puzzles, innovative motion controls that actually worked, much more amazing character development, and....what??? The first time we've seen school in a Zelda game? Oh wait...Minish Cap... .. EVIL CATS!!!

Anyways, I loved the innovation Nintendo brought to the table with this title. The upcoming Link to the Past for 3DS looks interesting, too. And Iwata and Miyamoto actually stated that they are looking for completely different things they can do to innovate Zelda. They stated they considered things like non-linear dungeon order!

Even though I play games from many different consoles, I still can say one thing. Nintendo knows how to innovate. (I'm disregarding the Virtual Boy, thank you very much) They were the first to successfully pull off a mass-produced Touch screen gaming device with major developer and publisher support. (PDAs and mobile phones didn't have this support at the time) And even though each major gaming company integrated motion control, I'm sorry Sony and Microsoft, but Nintendo had it first. And I'm not talking about the Wii. Think 20 years earlier. Duck Hunt anyone? (Disregarding the power glove... it didn't work... see AVGN's video on NES accessories WARNING: Not safe for work)

Anyways, I think Nintendo has a chance at being a game-changer over the other companies. Microsoft seems to not give a rats...gluteus maximus (or minimus) about its customers. Well, Sony doesn't either for that matter. Sony also is in quite a bit of a money problem...while Microsoft doesn't know what to do with its money. Precisely why I facepalmed when Microsoft came into the gaming business. The XboxOne is a prime example of how much Microsoft cares about you. (By the ways, don't blame Bill Gates... he had no control over the decisions in his company. The board does, and Gates left the company after 7 was released. The result? Windows 8! And boy, was it a fail. I'm telling you, Bill's a genius. (Bill Gates, the Knowledge Base! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! ... Ok nostalgia parody over...) IMPORTANT EDIT*: )

Also...he was on vacation during Vista's development. I wonder why it had issues.

Anyways, Nintendo seems to be the only one doing what Sega should be doing: releasing old titles and sequels, albeit some of them suck. But as of late they've been quite awesome. Donkey Kong Country Returns was a pretty good ode to the original, to say the least.

Well, now that this planned 5-minute post turned out to become a 2-hour long distraction extravaganza...I'm going to bed... Where's my phone...I want Drum & Bass...

Apr 27, 13 at 3:42pm
brian_creed2002

my name is brian hello

Jun 01, 12 at 2:37am
Tabaki

Hey! I'm tabaki, Im tabaki and most of the time a lurker, Hope this time it will change

May 08, 12 at 7:06pm
Roxas

Hi there Captain Nerditude. It feels as though we have met before. Oh wait we have.

Likewise. It took me two, maybe three, years before I realized that I never properly introduced myself in the Loungin' forum. Easy to forget, yes.

May 08, 12 at 5:38pm
Captain Nerditude

Hey, I'm Captain Nerditude! I always forget to introduce myself before I start writing! I absolutely love the entire Zelda series (except for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks ) and I've been gaming Nintendo style all my life! It's lovely to see all these other Zelda lovers here!

Apr 08, 12 at 2:27pm
Roxas

Haha, that note challenge proved to be very aggrivating as well. I had no clue how to get the note inside that lilly pad, until about 8 frustrating hours later, when I jumped on top of it from the tree, having no other last resorts.

Apr 08, 12 at 6:36am
Laura-The-Trickie

quote Roxas
Yes, they were rather odd and creepy! That just added more flavor to the whole Silent Realm environment.
I was refering to the noises in the rest of the game...sorry I wasn't more precise haha.

One thing that took me awhile to do was the bloody note fish challenge thing...collecting all the small notes in the flooded woods...grrrr

Apr 03, 12 at 9:17pm
Roxas

Yes, they were rather odd and creepy! That just added more flavor to the whole Silent Realm environment.

Apr 03, 12 at 7:39am
Laura-The-Trickie

I enjoyed the Silent Realms, I thought they were a good addition. Good storyline but some of the noises and animations were kinda odd and creepy though haha

Feb 14, 12 at 4:56am
sfree36

Loved this game. Silent realms were a bit of a pain and the game was a bit too easy but overall best game ever. The story is absolutely brilliant. I really got into the game after the 3rd temple. Hopefully the next game will be even better.