Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Slots shall not appear in Pokemon HGSS or any future Pokemon game in Europe. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jun 08, 09 at 6:03pmTf916

Oh yes they pushed it that far.A member of Pokecommunity Furanty contacted Nintendo about the slot machines. They have replied subtly that the games are not released so game content is not known. But due to the EU legislations the slots will be out.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4725140&postcount=1

since they disabled the slots in the EU verison, why diddn't do it for the NA verison?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 07, 09 at 2:00am
CrystalLaser

The slots were a waste of time anyway. I just crushed the League a few times and bought the coins. Got some nice EXP and extra cash along with it.

But, if the prizes are all gone, that's a shame. Especially since I bet the prize exchanger from Crystal that gave out TMs like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt might be in the game.

Aug 07, 09 at 1:44am
Tf916

I think it was ment to aim at teen's since some of the class's were drug addicts.

Aug 07, 09 at 1:38am
belzelga544

Pokemon was originally not meant to be a kid's game
what was pokemon meant to be if it wasn't meant to be a kids game?

Jun 28, 09 at 3:07am
Helper120

the slots made it a bit real in a way, and i dont agree with gambling, even if i can actually get lots and lots of coins in one go on platinum... and diamond and pearl... only real reason why i did was to get tms and rare items.... slots wont make you play them in real life even if you do win big... at least it hasnt for me even if im not of appropriate age... i rarely go into the game corner anyways, but what about those who do like it? they are surely dissappointed.

Jun 28, 09 at 2:50am
Matt Player Of AC

Pokemon was originally not meant to be a kid's game, which the terrible franchising has made it. I wish it could be R/B/G like, in the sense where there were gamblers, and trainers mentioning their drug abuse.

Jun 27, 09 at 11:20pm
Takeshi

This doesn't really surprise me. It all started when "Gamblers" became "Gamers".

Jun 27, 09 at 9:19pm
Insanity Prevails

quote thewhizz
In this case I will buy the American Versions online.
Of all things, this is going to be your reason for importing?

Jun 27, 09 at 9:00pm
bond007106

The thread title would only carry that meaning if it were written with a comma, like so: "Slots shall not appear in Pokemon HGSS, or any future Pokemon game in Europe."
As it is, it means as it was intended.

Jun 27, 09 at 8:19pm
Matt Player Of AC

'or' can carry the meaning of 'they also wont be in'

so yeah

Jun 27, 09 at 7:54pm
gohanmaster11

I think MPAC read it as "Slots wont be in HGSS, (they also wont be in) any future European game. which is understandable.