Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » How do i beat Evrae » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jun 02, 09 at 12:50amzelda_man83

i dont know how to beat evrae i dont have anything and i don't know what character to use or fira watera blizzera and thundera so would someone please help me

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 08, 14 at 3:45am
JHF

Something I would recommend doing is deciding who you're going to use after he uses Haste on himself halfway through the battle. At this point, you can't go far out without him using an attack to bring things close again. Take those 3, and use Haste on them before Evrae uses it on himself. This way, other than being restricted to 3 people, it's basically a battle at normal speed. I usually go with Tidus, Wakka and Auron, but Rikku would be a good choice over one of them for her Al Bhed Potions.

Jul 07, 14 at 3:33pm
AG

Pretty easy really, keep attacking with lulu and wakka or kimahri from long range with rikku healing everyone with al bhed potions then once Evrae comes close it should have around 10,000-12,000 hp left. Then just get rikku to use spare change on it. You should have over 100000 Gil from oasis and that will kill it.

Jul 07, 14 at 3:30pm
AG

quote 828 Spheres
Evrae is one tough boss. It has nearly double the amount of HP from the previous boss, cuts all elemental damage in half, and has a nasty breath attack that does 1000 damage to all characters on top of poisoning them. But there are a few things you can do. At the start of the battle have either Rikku or Tidus tell Cid to pull the Airship away from Evrae. At such a long distance Evrae's Poison Breath won't hit you, and it's Photon attack will be the only thing that hits you for a very small amount of damage. However only Wakka and Lulu will be able to hit Evrae at long range. Cid will also lend a hand by firing up to 3 missile volleys at Evrae. Since you're safe at this distance you can easily lop off half of Evrae's HP before things get difficult. When Evrae's HP gets low, it'll advance forward and take a swipe at all characters, damaging all of them substantially. You won't be able to retreat back anymore because Evrae will do this on each and every turn it gets when you pull away. So you'll have to fight in close quarters. Evrae further makes this battle more difficult by casting Haste on itself, which you won't be able to get rid of at all. Have Rikku use Al Bhed Potions and Hi-Potions to heal the party each and every turn she gets. Whatever you do, don't cast Haste on your characters, or else Evrae will respond by casting Slow on them. Keep hacking away at Evrae and recover your HP after each attack Evrae does, and you should be okay. Always remember to use an Al Bhed Potion ASAP after Evrae hits you with Poison Breath, and you should be okay.

Jan 04, 14 at 12:59am
death900

The first time I played it was easy but now it is harder

Sep 16, 12 at 2:04am
Kedjown

Just don't ever run away from any randomly generated fights throughout the game, even if you can't be arsed with a long grind. You should be sufficiently levelled to comfortable take on challenges, while not being so overlevelled. Don't do much grinding, just do that if you're finding any fights too difficult.

Sep 14, 12 at 11:48pm
overthetop2

quote nuke77
i defeted him with flare and holy(holy ? freind sphere)
Flare and Holy at that stage of the game? Overlevel much?

And here I was thinking I was overleveled for much of my most recent play through (though it was more towards the end of the storyline because I did too many sidequests... ended up beating Braska's Final Aeon without using any overdrives)

Sep 05, 12 at 9:30am
NuKe77

i defeted him with flare and holy(holy ? freind sphere)

Aug 31, 12 at 9:23pm
overthetop2

Is it just me or do I find Evrae to be a relatively easy boss compared to some people? Here's my strategy for the fight:

It would be a good idea to come into this battle with at least Wakka's overdrive gauge filled up and the attack reels won. Preferably you want more overdrives filled. At the start of the fight pull back immediately and just attack with Wakka and Lulu (Kimahri can also do damage with Lancet). Cid's missiles will help you a lot. This part of the battle isn't too hard; if you want to heal up the best method is to have Rikku use Al Bhed Potions since you have an abundance from the previous area. Not a requirement, but try to make sure every character gets at least one turn in, even if it's just using an item or defending, so that everyone can get AP from the fight. If Evrae uses Swooping Scythe but hasn't cast Haste yet, just pull back again and continue the process. Once Evrae casts haste... Use all the overdrives! Especially Attack Reels, and make sure you get that slots sequence right. And use as many high-damage attacks as you can to finish him off before he can do the same to your party...

A useful tactic for this and a few other bosses would be to steal the Lunar Curtains from the Larva in the Thunder Plains (and multiple other enemies in the game) and mix 2 of them together for Super Mighty G (Light Curtain+Lunar Curtain also works), which is highly useful for much of the game. I guess you could also cast Slow on it, but as soon as you do it'll just cast Haste again on it's next turn, if slow even works.

Overall, it's not an easy battle, but it's not as hard as some people make it out to be either if you know what you're doing.

Aug 22, 12 at 11:40am
Nezzie_Masters

i still can't defeat him

Jul 13, 12 at 1:47am
Zack_305

i found this guy kinda easy, all you do is give the order to move the ship out of range when he readies poison breath and use the shitload of Al Bhed potions you got in the desert