Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Suggested Listenings [V] » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

May 21, 09 at 11:07pmMishtram

Continued from here.

Last few posts in the last thread just for continuity:

quote Live Light
quote BANDITO ATTACK
im probably asking for something nobody can help me with

anyone know anything like ai otsuka? happy japanese pop rock. like this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0d9-0VDME

thanks if anyone has any suggestions
I didn't listen to the song because I don't have the time to right now, but I do know of a band called Flow who does the theme song to Naruto and it's actually pretty good, which is surprising because I'm not an anime fan at all. The song is called "Go!!!" or "Fighting Dreamers" or something as it's known as by Naruto fans.

That's all I've got
quote PRIMALSCREAM77
Hey Bandito Attack, try out YUM YUM ORANGE!

Can anyone give me something like Eazy E or N.W.A.?
quote Lupin3rd
Err, Ice Cube's early albums, Bones Thugs & Harmony... The Game? (or so he thinks).

Not so much similar but anything by DJ Quik is west coast gangsta rap DYNAMITE.
quote Dudeguy
quote Mcilrath
Can anyone suggest an instrumentalist similar to Eluvium?

Ólafur Arnalds
quote Mcilrath
I... that's... wow, he's awesome. Thank you kindly good sir

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 23, 13 at 10:15am
Ash Blue

You are very welcome..

Feb 9, 13 at 4:24pm
Wilhelm Ryan

Ah, gotcha. Can't say I know of any off the top of my head... if I can think of something, I'll let you know!

Feb 9, 13 at 4:10pm
The Don

I'm actually looking for something "heavier", bands/songs with some heavy dubstep/electronic influence mixed with indie/alternative vocals, if that makes sense. Thanks for the recommendations though, Wilhelm Ryan.

Feb 9, 13 at 3:57pm
Wilhelm Ryan

The Don

Foster The People is good. Check out "Anna Sun" by Walk The Moon, "We Come Running" by Youngblood Hawke, "Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees, "What You Know" by Two Door Cinema Club... that's all that I can think of right now.

Feb 7, 13 at 11:41am
The Don

Anyone know of any songs/bands that are reminiscent of Imagine Dragons' Radioactive and AWOLNATION's Sail?

Oct 12, 12 at 7:20pm
Chrono

EricF The Don

Thanks guys. I'm familiar with a few that Don sent me but there's a couple more I'll for sure check out.

Oct 12, 12 at 9:50am
EricF

I've got Camp by Childish Gambino - good album. Thanks for the recommendations lads, I listened to Skelethon last night and it was excellent. Gonna check out the other ones you mentioned D I O S, thanks again.

Oct 12, 12 at 3:06am
D I O S

quote EricF
You're a top man D I O S. I actually checked out Danny Brown's XXX the other night and really enjoyed it (luckily I listened in headphones; my little brother was about and that is definitely nsfw!). Gonna check out the top four names you've mentioned to start off with because I've heard many good things from all of them, then I'll take it from there. Which albums should I check out?
For Kendrick you wanna be checking out Section.80 first and foremost, then maybe delve into his other stuff, he's also got a new studio album out soon.
Big K.R.I.T has 3 mixtapes worth listening to by all accounts, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, Return of 4eva and 4eva N a Day, and his studio album Live From The Underground.
For Aesop Rock and El-P start with their most recent, Skelethon and Cancer 4 Cure respectively, and work backwards would be my suggestion.

I'll also co-sign Childish Gambino. I Am Just A Rapper 1 & 2 are great, so are Camp and EP, Culdesac's alright, Royalty has a few good songs, Sick Boi and Poindexter are OK but he's clearly still progressing at the time.

Oct 11, 12 at 10:09pm
Wilhelm Ryan

quote EricF
Basically, I need more rap/hop-hop music and I am asking you Mr. music forum, as a big hip-hop fan which 21st century rapper should I be checking out first and foremost? Kendrick Lamar?
I definitely second the Aesop Rock suggestion. I'd also suggest Childish Gambino... I got really addicted to his music quickly. Camp, EP, and Culdesac are all amazing albums. EP and Culdesac (and everything he made prior to those) you can actually download for free.

Oct 11, 12 at 7:42pm
The Don

quote Chrono
Any good slow, easy listening, maybe acoustic artists? I know I've requested this before, and I got a few artists, but I need moaaaaaarrrrr.
Bon Iver, City and Colour, Jack Johnson, Joe Purdy, William Fitzsimmons, some John Frusciante,