Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Official Trophy Guides/FAQs » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 11, 09 at 2:42pmMnmfan

For all you members that are eager to help fellow gamers and enjoy writing guides and FAQs I bring you the Official Trophy Guides thread.

Simply put together a guide for ANY Trophy enabled game and post it in this thread. Make it as professional as you want. Feel free to use Trophy images, fancy mark-up tags and whatever you feel is needed to make your guide look gooooooood.

A couple rules are needed here though.

Rule 1.
Plagiarism is a big no no. DON'T simply copy and paste a guide from any other website. Write the guide 100% yourself.
Anybody found breaking this rule will instantly have their guide removed.

Rule 2.
I want to keep this thread as clean as possible and dedicated to guides ONLY. You CAN however post feedback on guides but as soon as someone posts a new guide all the posts inbetween will be deleted so that the guides are all ordered on the first page.
So again, feel free to post your feedback but don't get upset when your post eventually gets deleted.

So go forth budding writers and show us what you can do.

A few tips to help you on your way:
  • Guides for newer games will probably be more needed then a guide for older games. For example I'm sure a guide for Wolverine would get more views than a guide for Uncharted.

• Don't feel like you HAVE to come across as a professional. Just write the guide in your own way.

• If you have Platinum on the guide you're writing perhaps give some tips on the best way to get the trophies from your own experience.

• Images to help explain Trophies are fine but don't simply post a video of how to get a certain trophy unless the video is made by you.

• If you don't plan on writing a guide then how about being the critic. Feel free to post your feedback even if you have no intention of writing a guide.

GUIDE INDEX

Retail Games:

Dead Space
    By Mnmfan

Fallout 3
    By Shave ya Head

Mercenaries 2
    By Shave ya Head

Skate 2
    By G1LB3RT

Wanted Weapons Of Fate
    By z fighter

PSN Games:

Worms
    By Mnmfan

• Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 06, 13 at 12:58pm
    Mnmfan

Massive bump but does anyone ever plan to add any guides to this??

Jun 25, 11 at 3:38am
    Aeirou

I bet you 20 dollars that are least one of these guides are copy and pasted from ps3trophies

Jun 25, 11 at 1:59am
    Mnmfan

quote 4 Aces
    quote Gamesta100
    quote 4 Aces
    I'm particularly proud of my Mercs 2 guide. Only cos i beat Mnmfan to the plat. Font think he ever did those final 2 trophies.

If he was like me then it is impossible to get plat for Mercs 2. Certain trophies like the $100,000 trophy are impossible to get if you achieved it before the trophy patch came out. I really wanted plat as well.
    No they were very simple ones. 1 was to 'Destroy 200 objects from the gunner seat in co-op' and the othe was very similar.
    Actually it was indeed glitched. I spent a good 20-30 minutes in the gunner seat while boosting with a guy from PS3trophies and it just wouldn't pop. I had a glitch which gave the chopper infinite ammo so I just held down the trigger and flew around for ages but nothing happened. Eventually we switched places and his trophy popped within minutes.
    So I gave up on the plat.

Jun 24, 11 at 12:03pm
    Aura

quote redneonfish
    Evolution Man, I took my cake and ate it. Mines are insanely useful, they saved my arse a few times on the hospital level. I got lucky in that level as well. During the swarm bit at the lift, the Cutter got trapped in the scenery =]

Aw man, I never had that happen to me. That would have been handy on Morbid on the hospital level, that was the only damn Cutter that got me throughout the entire game, on one of my favourite missions too. =(

Next guide I'm working on is for Demon's Souls, let's see if this FAQ / Guide shreds the Platinum difficulty to little more than dust. =P

Don't expect it for at least another couple of weeks or so though, it's probably going to be the largest, and longest FAQ / Guide I've worked on so far.

Jun 24, 11 at 10:11am
    Shave ya Head

quote Gamesta100
    quote 4 Aces
    I'm particularly proud of my Mercs 2 guide. Only cos i beat Mnmfan to the plat. Font think he ever did those final 2 trophies.

If he was like me then it is impossible to get plat for Mercs 2. Certain trophies like the $100,000 trophy are impossible to get if you achieved it before the trophy patch came out. I really wanted plat as well.
    No they were very simple ones. 1 was to 'Destroy 200 objects from the gunner seat in co-op' and the othe was very similar.

Jun 24, 11 at 3:49am
    Cyanide

Good job on these, guys.

Jun 24, 11 at 3:06am
    Gamesta100

quote 4 Aces

Jun 23, 11 at 3:45pm
    redneonfish

Evolution Man, I took my cake and ate it. Mines are insanely useful, they saved my arse a few times on the hospital level. I got lucky in that level as well. During the swarm bit at the lift, the Cutter got trapped in the scenery =]

Jun 23, 11 at 10:48am
    Shave ya Head

Jun 23, 11 at 7:26am
    redneonfish

Evolution Good guide has been bookmarked for future reference. The weapon upgrade list is especially useful + I wish I'd seen it before. I've read conflicting views on mines, so I'll test out your opinion and start upgrading them or it may be worth saving for the Rocket Launcher/Blade Cutter =/ I'm on the hospital mission now.

I do however think that it's worth upgrading the rifle's power. For those moments when you don't quite have enough time to charge it and you need to keep a few of the fat/police zombies off your back.