Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Question about Connecting ps3 to internet » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 11, 09 at 7:53pm
Deception

Alright I'll post up some pictures later when I get home from school

May 11, 09 at 2:06pm
Krunal

Can you take a picture of the modem, from what I understand you have this type of modem, or is it something like this?

If it's the former, then I'm afraid, you'll need to buy a Router (fairly cheap, can cost around $20-£40 for a fairly resonably quality one), and use that to connect it to the PS3. If it is the latter, then you need to see if it's a wireless router or a wired one. If it's the former, then you should be able to search for it via your PS3 and connect to it already, without any wires, however if it is the latter, then you'll need to get an Eternet Cable to connect it to your PS3.... So will need more detials before we can help you...

May 11, 09 at 8:11am
Deception

Alright heres the thing. im wondering if theres anyway i can connect my ps3 to the net because im a little confused atm, and im worried that i cant connect it without going out and buying more shit( i dont exactly have money, 15,jobless, and dad wont buy me cables and shit lol)

anyway, this is kinda how my net to pc is set up, il be as clear as i can, and if possible can you explain a way to connect it, and if there isa no way i need to know that too, thanks

i have a phone socket in the wall, then in that is a port that allows 2 cords to go into it, one cord goes down and its like a small square box, and plugged into it is my phone cable which is connected to my phone and the powerpoint. the other cord coming out of the 2 port thing goes down and is plugged into my modem, then theres a square shaped cord plugged into my modem that runs to my computer. now heres why im afraid it wont work, the cord that plugs into the computer from the modem, the side that goes to the computer is a USB port and not like a phone port that i can just put into the ps3.

cheers,