Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Something's confusing the heck out of me... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Apr 30, 09 at 11:20pmMenkoy

Ok, there are good characters like Olimar with their worst matchups being 60/40, yet almost all of the Olimar mainers I've seen on Smashboards and whatnot simply HAVE to have a secondary for the 40-60 matchups. I mean, 60/40 isn't THAT much of a disadvantage... I don't understand why a secondary is so necessary there.
I can understand someone with a mid/low tier main needing a secondary, or Fox having a secondary for pikachu and stuff... But a high tier needing a secondary just seems silly. It's a 60/40, if you can't still win the matchup then it really isn't too much the matchup's fault, it's that your opponent is simply better than you and deserved the win.

I dunno what I'm going on about, I'm just sick of seeing people try to cp me with crazy bs when the character they were playing had a 40/60 or even 50/50 against my character. ;_;

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 03, 09 at 1:24am
ownedbyasmartbomb

*coughcough Dedede coughcough DK cough*
*coughcough Fox coughcough Pika cough*

70-30 is rape, 80-20 is "If you win this, you're playing a scrub", 90-10 is You're dead, and 95-5 is LOL.

May 02, 09 at 9:45pm
Checkmate

u is a stalker.

kimdonehere ggs.

May 02, 09 at 9:42pm
AlMoStLeGeNdArY

quote Checkmate
Lol Boss is a diff story, and he plays Kadaj on like a daily basis, so i wouldnt be surprised lol.

oya how u know u internet stalker? xD

That's your name on AiB also and your tag is hippy.

May 02, 09 at 9:41pm
Rust

You want to know the truth?

It's to stop the people who gimp extremely well, better than average.

There, the secret is out.

May 02, 09 at 9:40pm
Checkmate

Lol Boss is a diff story, and he plays Kadaj on like a daily basis, so i wouldnt be surprised lol.

oya how u know u internet stalker? xD

he mains random, but u know he always pick a char (hes been picking pika, rob, gaw ALOT lately in tourneys)... but u know.. hes ninjalink.. im proud that i dont get 3 stocked by him lol

May 02, 09 at 9:39pm
Archiie_Barrett

I'd rather use the character that I have a disadvantage with only because if I lose I can john about it and no one would assume I was just plain worse.

(hence why I main falcon)

May 02, 09 at 9:39pm
AlMoStLeGeNdArY

quote Checkmate
you do know my swf tag right? lol?

Trust me, good Marths are pain in the ass. Espically with a close range fighter like my Mario bros. Good Marths like NEO, Kadaj, Pierce, will keep you at tipper range at least 90% of the match. It takes too much work for me just to get inside and stay inside and apply as much as I need to.

Which is why I frankly dont believe Mario goes 40:60 (maybe on wifilol) but I get near raped to like 65:35 which seems right.

@zumma, Ninjalink went random once, he got Ganon vs Snakeee's Shiek in a MM LOL. NL actually got SNakee's shiek to last stock on Lylat. True story btw =[ and agreed with veggi

Kadaj lost to boss but that was old. I don't know about now. Neo kadaj and pierce are the top Marth's also. Your SWF tag = hippiedude right?

@CM ninja link went random once? From what I can tell he just plays with everyone.

May 02, 09 at 9:38pm
Zumma

quote Checkmate
NL actually got SNakee's shiek to last stock on Lylat. True story btw =[

May 02, 09 at 9:35pm
Checkmate

you do know my swf tag right? lol?

Trust me, good Marths are pain in the ass. Espically with a close range fighter like my Mario bros. Good Marths like NEO, Kadaj, Pierce, will keep you at tipper range at least 90% of the match. It takes too much work for me just to get inside and stay inside and apply as much as I need to.

Which is why I frankly dont believe Mario goes 40:60 (maybe on wifilol) but I get near raped to like 65:35 which seems right.

@zumma, Ninjalink went random once, he got Ganon vs Snakeee's Shiek in a MM LOL. NL actually got SNakee's shiek to last stock on Lylat. True story btw =[ and agreed with veggi

May 02, 09 at 9:35pm
Zumma

No

Ganon vs Sheik is rape.

DK vs D3 is too.