Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Something's confusing the heck out of me... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Apr 30, 09 at 11:20pmMenkoy

Ok, there are good characters like Olimar with their worst matchups being 60/40, yet almost all of the Olimar mainers I've seen on Smashboards and whatnot simply HAVE to have a secondary for the 40-60 matchups. I mean, 60/40 isn't THAT much of a disadvantage... I don't understand why a secondary is so necessary there.
I can understand someone with a mid/low tier main needing a secondary, or Fox having a secondary for pikachu and stuff... But a high tier needing a secondary just seems silly. It's a 60/40, if you can't still win the matchup then it really isn't too much the matchup's fault, it's that your opponent is simply better than you and deserved the win.

I dunno what I'm going on about, I'm just sick of seeing people try to cp me with crazy bs when the character they were playing had a 40/60 or even 50/50 against my character. ;_;

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 03, 09 at 1:24am
ownedbyasmartbomb

*coughcough Dedede coughcough DK cough*
*coughcough Fox coughcough Pika cough*

70-30 is rape, 80-20 is "If you win this, you're playing a scrub", 90-10 is You're dead, and 95-5 is LOL.

May 02, 09 at 9:45pm
Checkmate

u is a stalker.

kimdonehere ggs.

May 02, 09 at 9:42pm
AlMoStLeGeNdArY

quote Checkmate
Lol Boss is a diff story, and he plays Kadaj on like a daily basis, so i wouldnt be surprised lol.

oya how u know u internet stalker? xD

That's your name on AiB also and your tag is hippy.

May 02, 09 at 9:41pm
Rust

You want to know the truth?

It's to stop the people who gimp extremely well, better than average.

There, the secret is out.

May 02, 09 at 9:40pm
Checkmate

Lol Boss is a diff story, and he plays Kadaj on like a daily basis, so i wouldnt be surprised lol.

oya how u know u internet stalker? xD

he mains random, but u know he always pick a char (hes been picking pika, rob, gaw ALOT lately in tourneys)... but u know.. hes ninjalink.. im proud that i dont get 3 stocked by him lol

May 02, 09 at 9:39pm
Archiie_Barrett

I'd rather use the character that I have a disadvantage with only because if I lose I can john about it and no one would assume I was just plain worse.

(hence why I main falcon)

May 02, 09 at 9:39pm
AlMoStLeGeNdArY

quote Checkmate
you do know my swf tag right? lol?

Trust me, good Marths are pain in the ass. Espically with a close range fighter like my Mario bros. Good Marths like NEO, Kadaj, Pierce, will keep you at tipper range at least 90% of the match. It takes too much work for me just to get inside and stay inside and apply as much as I need to.

Which is why I frankly dont believe Mario goes 40:60 (maybe on wifilol) but I get near raped to like 65:35 which seems right.

@zumma, Ninjalink went random once, he got Ganon vs Snakeee's Shiek in a MM LOL. NL actually got SNakee's shiek to last stock on Lylat. True story btw =[ and agreed with veggi

Kadaj lost to boss but that was old. I don't know about now. Neo kadaj and pierce are the top Marth's also. Your SWF tag = hippiedude right?

@CM ninja link went random once? From what I can tell he just plays with everyone.

May 02, 09 at 9:38pm
Zumma

quote Checkmate
NL actually got SNakee's shiek to last stock on Lylat. True story btw =[

May 02, 09 at 9:35pm
Checkmate

you do know my swf tag right? lol?

Trust me, good Marths are pain in the ass. Espically with a close range fighter like my Mario bros. Good Marths like NEO, Kadaj, Pierce, will keep you at tipper range at least 90% of the match. It takes too much work for me just to get inside and stay inside and apply as much as I need to.

Which is why I frankly dont believe Mario goes 40:60 (maybe on wifilol) but I get near raped to like 65:35 which seems right.

@zumma, Ninjalink went random once, he got Ganon vs Snakeee's Shiek in a MM LOL. NL actually got SNakee's shiek to last stock on Lylat. True story btw =[ and agreed with veggi

May 02, 09 at 9:35pm
Zumma

No

Ganon vs Sheik is rape.

DK vs D3 is too.