Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » New Tactics » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Shulk Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Apr 29, 09 at 1:22amLinKing12

What kind of new tactics would you add in this game to improve/diversify the gameplay?

I'd like to be able to grab opponents in mid-air. Kinda like you can in the Street Fighter games. And I think someone else had mentioned a Smash Bar at the bottom to build up power for a super attack.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 01, 09 at 9:46pm
LinKing12

quote Kratos2112
quote LinKing12
*insert wall of text here*
uhh...Linking, SandStone is talking about a backward tilt attack, not a back special move. He wants the equivalent to the Back Aerial attack, except for the ground.
*sigh, facepalm*

May 01, 09 at 8:45pm
Kratos

quote LinKing12
*insert wall of text here*
uhh...Linking, SandStone is talking about a backward tilt attack, not a back special move. He wants the equivalent to the Back Aerial attack, except for the ground.

May 01, 09 at 6:10pm
Squall

quote Blaze
I really want midair taunts that display messages but have no movement.
Why would you want mid taunts? Just so you can say "blasting off at the speed of light", when getting star ko'ed?

May 01, 09 at 5:53pm
LinKing12

Ok, how about this: (all of these with a slight lag)

Ike, Link, Toon Link, MetaKnight, Ganondorf (with his light sword), Zelda/Sheik (with the sword she was holding in TP): strong forward stab with their swords (like Marth's neutral B).

Marth: Stronger, but slower Sword Dance attack, with only forward commands.

Olimar: Throws three Pikmin instead of 1.

Peach: Peach Bomb attack (like in Melee, but not the weird hearts that come out in Brawl). Or should it be that she puts out Toadsworth instead of Toad?

Mario&Luigi: Raccoon Tail attack, Luigi's being a little slower, but more powerful

Bowser: Claw Swipe (like in Melee, can still grab, bite, and throw)

Wario: Piledrive attack (like in WarioWorld for GCN, has anyone played that game?)

Yoshi: Tongue attacks rather than eating you

Ice Climbers: Popo uses the zipline to throw Nana at you (... couldn't think of anything else )

Snake: Strong dropkick forward

Mr. Game&Watch: hits you with a table

Kirby: Throws cutter blade at you.

King Dedede: Backhand slap (... Come on, look at his hands. They are perfect for this).

Fox: Shoots Missile Launcher at you (from StarFox Assault).

Falco & Wolf: Shoots Machine Gun at you (from StarFox Assault).

Captain Falcon: Strong knee attack on the ground.

Lucario: Attacks with short range aura attack (I don't know. I hate Pokemon.)

Pikachu: Thunder Wave attack to stun opponent.

Jigglypuff: (... I have no idea)

Squirtle: Watergun attack that does damage similar to Fox's Blaster.

Ivysaur: Forward Vine Whip attack.

Charizard: Forward Slash attack.

Pit: Horizontal Swipe with bow blade.

Donkey Kong: Double Hand Punch.

Diddy Kong: Strong Tail attack.

Samus: She already has different B tilts and B Smash.

Zero Suit Samus: Same as Up B attack, but horizontal.

Sonic: Puts a ring on it (sorry, I couldn't resist. Please don't hurt me... ) How about the Sonic Tornado from Sonic Heroes?

Ok, phew, whaddya think? Did I forget anybody?

Apr 30, 09 at 7:49pm
SandStone

quote LinKing12
Mr. Sandstone, I don't fully understand what you are saying. You would have to be in the motion of turning around in order to carry out the B-tilt?

And how would B-tilt function with each character? Would they be different attacks altogether, or more powerful/faster extensions of their current special attacks?
I was just throwing random ideas, I haven't really put much thought into it.

No it doesn't have to be in motion of turning around, just executed the same way as you would of a B-air, although it must be executed it much quicker actually since you can't walk backwards. -shrugs-

So basically it'll probably be a whole new type of attack, could either be faster but weaker than the Ftilt or stronger but slower. I'll leave it up to your imagination to make up for one for each character.

Apr 30, 09 at 6:42pm
LinKing12

Ugh lol, that's not what I said, Mr. Zumma.

Mr. Sandstone, I don't fully understand what you are saying. You would have to be in the motion of turning around in order to carry out the B-tilt?

And how would B-tilt function with each character? Would they be different attacks altogether, or more powerful/faster extensions of their current special attacks?

Apr 30, 09 at 6:04pm
Zumma

quote LinKing12
Well it would certainly eliminate the need for any skill, in that case.

Apr 30, 09 at 5:28pm
SandStone

Throw in B-tilt? We have B-air so why notz?

F-tilt will be converted to B-tilt when the character attacks while turning around on the ground. It'll only happen when in turning animation.
So it might be pretty tricky to pull off.

Apr 30, 09 at 5:12pm
LinKing12

Well it would certainly eliminate the need for any tier lists, in that case.

Apr 30, 09 at 5:02pm
Zumma

Making chaingrabbing more universal would make this game fail even more it does now.

The player that lands a grab first wins the stock automatically.