Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » MapleStory » Tech Help Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 28, 09 at 8:30pmLorx

The new Tech thread for a new anti-hack system!

Old Thread

Sleepywood Tech Guide

Errors

Error 2147
Error Message: error code : -2147467259 (Unspecified error)
Solution: Congratulations, you have no graphics driver. Long story short: You need one, and they are free. The bad news: Not so easy to find if you don't know what it is. Need help finding yours? Post here!

Compatibility Mode
Error Message: In order for HS to run while Maple Story is in compatibility mode for XP, it must restart
Solution: Open Maple Story again (It fixes itself)

Anti-Virus Block
Error Message: n/a
Solution: Tell your virus blocker that HackShield isn't a virus.

WI 1706 - No Valid Source
Error Message: No Valid source could be found for product MapleStory. The WI could not continue
Solution: Re-create the shortcut to maplestory.exe, you can find out how by watching this. If that doesn't work download maple story again.

10093 - WSAStartup has failed
Error Message: Either application has not called WSAStartup or WSAStartup has failed.
Solution:
  1. Click on Start
  2. In the search box at the bottom type cmd
  3. Press Enter
  4. Command prompt will show up
  5. Type netsh winsock reset
  6. Press Enter
  7. Reset your computer

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Lorx on Mar 09 2010.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 30, 13 at 1:06pm
CrystalLunarDragon

I am having trouble logging in to Maplestory, i downloaded it through steam and connected my account through steam, every time I try logging in through steam I get

Error!
A system error has occurred. Please try again later. (Error 2001)

Please close the application and try again

So I do that and I get to the log in window for maplestory through steam and type in the info to log in and right under the login window I get

A system error has occurred. Please try again later. (Error 2001)

so I try relogging a few times and then it starts to log in and I get

Maplestory has stopped working

Windows can check for an online solution to the problem.

After that i try closing steam restarting it, restarting my computer and got the same error again, then I tried loading the game through the game launcher itself through steamapps, common, maplestory, gamelauncher, and get the error maplestory has stopped working again, so I try to go directly to their website and try to get in through there, and get the same exact error. Right now I am downloading the game regularly so i can try that too, but I don't have too much hope, I was really hoping to hop on and play, but I can't. The weird thing is that steam is saying the last time I played was today, so my guess is that there is some sort of bug that is keeping mapelstory running, and i heard that if you have free nexon programs they can keep the game open and not let you log in, the only thing I downloaded was from their website and it was sub way surfers to get some free nexon. I completely uninstalled everything with an uninstaller to make sure nothing was left behind and the program said there was not.

Here are my computer specs if you needed to know:
Manufacturer: Lenovo
Model: Lenovo Windows7 Pc
Windows 7 home premium
System type:64-bit operating system

This is just really frustrating I know some about computers, but I don't have the time to research the problem, sorry if it has been said, i will check back in a couple hours until the game finishes downloading

EDIT: Redownloading the game still gives me the same error. I cannot get in and all the cash shop items and events I was participating in went to waste

Guess I am going to post this in the general forum, since no one responded and I really need help.

Jul 29, 13 at 8:26am
Chao7

quote Crusad3r
quote Chao7
overKill, to the best of my knowledge I've never broken any of the Terms of Service for the site before. And I've been playing on and off since 2005.

I can still login via the website and see my character without an issue, I'd assume if I was banned or something I'd have a notice (and be cleared from rankings), right?
It might be the simplest thing, but have you tried to re-download and reinstall? It could be a corrupt file in your folder somewhere.

Well...that fixed it. I swear I've done that before, lol. Thanks Crusad3r and overKill.

Jul 28, 13 at 9:43pm
Crusad3r

quote Chao7
overKill, to the best of my knowledge I've never broken any of the Terms of Service for the site before. And I've been playing on and off since 2005.

I can still login via the website and see my character without an issue, I'd assume if I was banned or something I'd have a notice (and be cleared from rankings), right?
It might be the simplest thing, but have you tried to re-download and reinstall? It could be a corrupt file in your folder somewhere.

Jul 28, 13 at 5:29pm
Chao7

Jul 28, 13 at 5:24pm
overKill

Have you played on any private servers before? please be honest with me as it will help me assist you better.

Jul 28, 13 at 1:56pm
Chao7

Hello everyone, I'm about at the end of my rope here in regards to ever being able to log back in. It's a little ridiculous.
  • Reposted from Nexon's Tech Support forums ***

Hi guys. I haven't been able to log in to the game in quite a while. I've played on this laptop previously without much issue, which is what's weird. I'll also note for the record that I've played on the desktop here before, so I can't imagine it being related to the router.

Any-who, every time I try to log in, it pulls up the bubble with the play button showing the latest updates, etc. That's as far as I get. It says "Cannot connect to login server" before I ever get into the game at all after pressing play. I've tried launching the game from the website AND the gamelauncher. I've also made sure to run it as an administrator, and to do so while disabling all firewall programs. I've reinstalled the game, and even tried a winsock reset. I don't even have a loopback adapter. Is there some obvious fix for this I've overlooked? It's getting a big tedious to go through all this trouble to even log in.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dec 21, 11 at 2:12am
dragonclawz

We have been having internet issues all day. Now when I try to login to the game, I get this error:

Dec 12, 11 at 5:47pm
shadow warrior 9

Well after 10 hours of downloading that seemed to have resolved my problem.

Although the bad news is that my account was hacked and most of my characters were mugged for their valuables(my db being the worst off, having been pretty much stripped half-naked) and I'm down to about maybe1~2 mill from the 150+ mill I recall having. Atleast they left my equips and some things I can merchant. Kinda pissed but it's a momentary set back. Thanks for the aid.

Dec 12, 11 at 1:37am
Lorx

quote shadow warrior 9
Okay so I have a similar situation as SlangX. Except I have windows 7 running on Mac via parallels. I also have it as a partition using bootcamp.

I downloaded the mssetup file from a mirror site and installed it fine. Then I try to play from the website and I get the server check, firewall problem. (no server check, turned my firewall off and still no go). So then I tried the Manual patcher which got me all the way to "Base.wz" and proceeded to freeze for hours. So I tried to play it using game launcher. It goes all the way up to the hack shield loading then nothing. Nothing pops up and I get nothing. I can see it running in the background but I waited like 10 minutes and nothing. I re-installed it and tried to manual patch and it said my patch file is corrupt now. I tried to do this on parallels and on my bootcamp partition. Nothing works. So I'm just at the point I'm going to get the mssetup file from nexon itself not a mirror site since the mirror site as v96 not v104. Anything you can suggest, Lorx?

I would try to get the actual v104 setup file. Patching generally only works when you're within a version or two.

Dec 12, 11 at 12:53am
shadow warrior 9

Okay so I have a similar situation as SlangX. Except I have windows 7 running on Mac via parallels. I also have it as a partition using bootcamp.

I downloaded the mssetup file from a mirror site and installed it fine. Then I try to play from the website and I get the server check, firewall problem. (no server check, turned my firewall off and still no go). So then I tried the Manual patcher which got me all the way to "Base.wz" and proceeded to freeze for hours. So I tried to play it using game launcher. It goes all the way up to the hack shield loading then nothing. Nothing pops up and I get nothing. I can see it running in the background but I waited like 10 minutes and nothing. I re-installed it and tried to manual patch and it said my patch file is corrupt now. I tried to do this on parallels and on my bootcamp partition. Nothing works. So I'm just at the point I'm going to get the mssetup file from nexon itself not a mirror site since the mirror site as v96 not v104. Anything you can suggest, Lorx?