Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » K-ON!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 10, 09 at 2:42pmThe Answer

K-ON!

quote Anime News Network
It's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bass player, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...

I didn't know this series was so over-hyped, until I read the large amount of blog posts covering this anime. Well, it's Kyo-Ani, and they do have a reputation for their other shows. I'm personally interested in this due to the music theme, although this will probably be Lucky Star 2 more than anything else. First episode was pretty good all around. The comedy is quite good too (I laughed so badly at the Ji-ji-ji-Jimmy Page/Jimi Hendrix/Jeff Beck part). I won't expect too much depth out of this show so I'll just have fun and enjoy the ride.

On a small note, wow. The blogosphere is so messed up. Some of them are already rating the show and judging it by the first episode only.

And on a smaller note, Mio and Yui are win.

And on an even smaller note, what the *bleep* man. How do they get such expensive instruments. Yui's Gibson Les Paul costs like $2,500 irl. Jesus.

Update: Season 2 is out as of apr/07/10!

~2nd Season PV

[color=#666666]This message was edited by Animalover(40163) on 2012-07-09T18:06:38-07:00.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 12 at 2:56pm
Amy

Funny, yes. Unneeded, also yes 8D. I was totally expecting them to HAVE TEA FFS >3<. The Engrish could've been played a bit more as well, they are in LONDON afterall! I think I've been everywhere they went except for Aldgate East station, even though I have past it before on the tube haha. I don't think they referenced Buckingham Palace or the Queen at all =o.

Chicken or Beef?

Jul 20, 12 at 8:15am
luffyluffy

Amy, you thought them singing about curry to an indian guy was unneeded?

Jul 20, 12 at 5:57am
Amy

Just going to bump this as the movie just came out and people are talking about it in the GD o3o.

I enjoyed it, rated an 8 out of 10. I loved spotting all the different places throughout London, they did their research XD. I wonder if Japanese people get all excited when they recognise places from anime, or is it so prevalent that it's lost it's charm already >w<.

Apr 30, 12 at 1:37pm
Mastix

My liver is so lady it has a little baby liver fetus inside of it. Or maybe that's a tumor. Whatever. It's lady.

Apr 30, 12 at 1:31pm
Kanon

Oh please, my liver is so lady it has a skirt on.

Apr 30, 12 at 1:10pm
Kratos

K-On! Movie BD in July

Ready your livers everyone. The K-On! drinking game is only a few months away.

Nov 13, 11 at 7:45am
Rabla

Hey look songs for the Movie.

"Singing!"

"Unmei ♪ wa ♪ Endless!"

Sep 05, 11 at 11:46pm
Enth

Trailer was alright! Not like, over-excited for this, but I'll certainly be watching it when it's available in decent quality.

Sep 05, 11 at 11:45pm
Kanon

quote Eternal
So Kanon, how many shots does that trailer have?
6 sips
You're doing shots?
Have a nice death.

...Ok I think everytime you see a man should be downgraded to every time you see one in the foreground

Sep 05, 11 at 11:21pm
Eternal

So Kanon, how many shots does that trailer have?