Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » TV Shows » Glee » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 10, 09 at 12:37amNagare

Not quite sure why but this new show, Glee, has piqued my interest. It just seems to be unique and although I am not really a fan of musicals at all, this one might change it because it is a show and should have an interesting plot.

typo - thanks BrokenKnights

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 08, 13 at 9:03am
Angel_8889

quote Justin

Glee's season five teaser video

I'm happy seeing Glee just as excited to continue the show despite Cory's death. Also happy to see them honoring it with the first few episodes.

I'M SO EXCITED!
I know since Cory has passed away it would be hard for glee to be as good, and it will feel strange and unsettling with him not there, but at least the show is still carrying on, and if the spoiler is anything to go by, it looks great. Can't wait.

Aug 17, 13 at 2:15pm
Justin

Glee's season five teaser video

I'm happy seeing Glee just as excited to continue the show despite Cory's death. Also happy to see them honoring it with the first few episodes.

Aug 09, 13 at 4:50pm
Justin

This is a bit of old news, but season five will be delayed one week due to Cory Monteith's tragic death.. Season Five will have episodes in tribute to Cory.

quote Chris Colfer, Kurt Hummel, about the news
"It's been a rough couple of weeks, but we're hanging in there. We're doing good. We started on Monday. I haven't been there yet myself, but I think it'll be good to kind of reconnect with everyone."

In brighter news, Adam Lambert will be joining the Glee Cast as Kurt's "nemesis." There isn't much else revealed about Adam's role yet.

Jul 21, 13 at 10:54pm
Kaiba

Finally happened on some actual info about what's going to happen with the show now and other things related to this horrible event.

Link

Following the tragic death of Cory Monteith, Glee fans wondered how his death would be explained within the show and how the series would move forward without Finn Hudson.

Glee creator Ryan Murphy spoke with TV Line about the future of the show and how Cory's girlfriend and co-star, Lea Michele, is holding up.

He explained, "Ultimately, we made no decisions without consulting Lea," adding, "She was very adamant that she thought it was best for the cast and crew to get back together sooner [rather] than later...Cory was so beloved that she felt people really needed to be together in this time. So we sort of followed her lead."

Ryan said that they will address Finn's death in the third episode, following the first two episodes which were already written in May.

He said, "[It's] a very difficult episode to write," adding, "[It] has to be done very carefully and with a lot of taste and really making sure that it's a tribute to Cory."

Ryan also explained that they will take a "long writers' hiatus after that episode to refigure the season and continue to take care of the cast and crew and work on setting things up in Cory's honor...because that's something we're dedicated to doing."

Working through Cory's death has been "just a crazy, really difficult, very emotional time," Ryan revealed.

He explained, "I think what we're really trying to do is deal with it as a family, which is what that group of people is. Lea is obviously very grief-stricken but she's also one of the strongest people I know. She wants people to be better and get back to work. So that's what we're going to do."

He admires Lea's strength, saying, "I've never, ever met a 26-year-old girl or boy who's capable of doing what she's done in the past week. I marvel at it. I really have taken--as we all have--our lead from Lea. We won't do anything that she doesn't want to do. We're planning a memorial service this week for the cast and crew and people at Fox, everybody who loved him. She's been planning that and making decisions."

Ryan told E! Online that he really let Lea be "the leader in this situation," noting, "ultimately, everyone involved made the decision, 'OK, what does Lea want to do, what would Lea feel comfortable doing?' This is what she wants to do."

He added that "for now, what we just decided to do is continue on working for the next month so people could really deal with this and not feel isolated and alone. That's something Lea felt strongly about and she really is the one making those decisions. We followed her lead."

Glee will return for its fifth season September 26.

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around what happened. Rest in peace, Cory.

Jul 14, 13 at 6:39am
Justin

Ripulse, I feel the same. Finn was a huge character to the show who made it feel so much... Like Glee. Without him the show wouldn't be the same. It won't be the same. ):

I got a text about this from a friend last night, and it honestly hit pretty hard. I don't identify with many celebrities, and I've never cried about one before but I most certainly took a wave of pain after hearing about him last night. That's just horrible. =\ It's hard trying to understand situations like this because they seem so unfair. Our goofy goody-good Finn Hudson was alive and well one moment and... Then gone. I hate having to think about things like this.

I'm so sorry to hear it. RIP Finn Hudson - you did some amazing things.

Jul 14, 13 at 6:20am
Morrigan

RIP ):

Jul 13, 13 at 11:34pm
Ripulse

quote CNN (Link)
'Glee' star Cory Monteith found dead in hotel in Canada

Cory Monteith, who played heart throb Finn Hudson in the Fox hit "Glee," was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday, Vancouver police said. He was 31. Police said the cause of death was not immediately apparent, but they ruled out foul play. Medical examiners will conduct an autopsy on Monday.

Monteith's body was discovered Saturday noon by staff members at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel after he missed his checkout time, acting Chief Constable Doug LePard told reporters. He had checked into his room July 6.

The actor apparently had several people over to his room at one point Friday night, but LePard said Monteith was seen on hotel surveillance video returning to his room in the early morning hours by himself.

One of his castmates on "Glee," Mark Salling, tweeted a simple "no" after police held their news conference. "We are in shock and mourning this tragic loss," his publicist, Melissa Kates, said in an e-mail.

Monteith spent time in rehab early this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in April. He had been frank about his struggles with substance abuse, telling Parade magazine in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13, and by 19 went into rehab after his mother and friends intervened.

Monteith had been on the musical comedy show since it began in 2009. In 2011, he won a Teen Choice award for top actor in a comedy. The show's cast won a Screen Actors Guild award for an ensemble in a comedy the prior year.
Rest in peace. I can honestly say that his work as Finn in Glee really affected me personally; his character was someone I identified with, and what happened with Finn throughout Glee just got me so involved in the show and the fanbase, as well as helping me in certain other matters. I was worried when people talked about his substance abuse, but just assumed like everyone else I guess that this was yet another one of the come-and-go celebrity issues. Idk. Something like Lindsay Lohan. But yeah. RIP :(

Jun 30, 13 at 10:14pm
Justin

Not that it has to do particularly with the show itself, but today at San Francisco Pride I saw Alex Newell. That was pretty cool.

Jun 04, 13 at 3:01pm
Justin

Not sure how many people even still watch this on Neoseeker, but I was disappointed with this season's finale. It was pretty lame.

New Directions definitely didn't even deserve the win. The "Who's Your Daddies" (or whatever) definitely out-performed New Directions tenfold. Jessica Sanchez is just too perfect. Brittany's acceptance into college early is an odd little side story and Blaine's sudden desire to marry Kurt might be even more ridiculous. What's happening?

Apr 19, 13 at 12:40pm
Golden Miru warrior

Umm. Seasons five and six confirmed.