Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » A guide to texture hacking » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Shulk Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Apr 05, 09 at 8:39pmGirugaMarc

Hello there, today I'm going to help you use texture hacks

Things you will need

The latest version of Gecko OS
An SD Card
The Homebrew Channel

Preparations
Insert your sd card into your computer and open it. In the very root of your SD card make a folder called 'codes' and put this file in it. For PAL users, you should use this file instead.

Next, from the very root of your sd card make a folder directory like this

private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>fighter

Inside the 'fighter' folder is where the characters will go

Here are the proper names that each character has, they are case sensitive I believe

So Captain Falcon texture hacks you are to make a folder inside the 'pf' folder called 'captain' Notice the characters that can transform (Bowser, Wario, PT's pokemon, Zelda, and Samus have been separated from their alternative form. Samus is known as Samus, ZSS is know as 'szerosuit'. They both get their own folder

Texture hacking
Here are 2 popular texture hacking sites

Stack Smash|DL their stuff here
Kitty Corp

If you want some texture hacks already prepared, you can download this and simply extract it to the 'pf' folder in your sd card.

So now you can use texture hacks that I have already prepared, but I'm sure you're going to want to do it on your own, right? ;3

Each costume a character has has a value. It can vary from character, Wario has a billion costumes so he has a billion costume values

Here are the costume values for each character

Now, let's you download a captain falcon costume and it is named "FalconJoe.pcs"

that is no good, because each texture hack file must be given it's proper name. The proper name for each character is

Fit(character name)(costume value).pcs or .pac

SO you would have to rename 'FalconJoe.pcs' to 'FitCaptain01.pcs' if you want it to replace his red (bloodhawk) costume. You would name it FitCaptain00.pcs if you want it to replace his normal costume. Afterwards, you simply put the texture hack file in private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>fighter>captain

Most of the texture hack files I download have a .pcs file extension, what are the .pac for?

You need the .pac file and the .pcs file for any character that can transform midbattle. That includes Bowser and Wario because of their final smashes

So let's say you download a squirtle, ivysaur, PT, and charizard texture hack and you want them all to be on the same costume

You need the .pcs and .pac file for all 4 of the characters, you also need to make sure that they all have the same costume value at the end.

So it would be like this if you want the costumes to replace their original costume

Ivysaur (fushigisou is his jpn name and you must use it)
Fitpokefushigisou00.pcs
Fitpokefushigisou00.pac

Charizard
Fitpokelizardon00.pcs
Fitpokelizardon00.pac

Squirtle
Fitpokezenigame00.pcs
Fitpokezenigame00.pac

Pokemon Trainer himself
Fitpoketrainer00.pcs
Fitpoketrainer00.pac

hmmm, this is all I can think of off the top of my head

I'll try and make this more newb friendly if anyone has problems

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 26, 12 at 8:37am
rayou77190

Hello, i'am french and i have a problem, nothing happens
I'am playing with a ISO ( USB Key , no disc) and i want to know how to do this work when you dont use disc but USB, Thanks ^^

Aug 11, 12 at 11:18pm
Hi

This is confusing only cause I'm 12 and want Zelda to look hot and peac with no pants put short blue pants and a tank top

Feb 08, 12 at 2:17am
Uuhhhhhhhh

I know I'm 3 years late. o____o Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy.... But for the file you mentioned to put in the 'codes' folder, the link wasn't working... Is there another link I can get?

Jan 27, 12 at 12:18am
Blaarg

Yeah, uh, I got this to work, but... Is it possible to enable codes at the same time with the textures? Like 1.5x Size?

Oct 30, 11 at 7:44pm
Matias9927

Ok, are you supposed to put the codes folder in the root? And what is the file you need to put in it? My disc drive is messed up, but when i put in ssbb(which works for like 10 seconds) it said i don't have any codes. I did put in like 10 texture codes in private/wii/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character names) im confused;(

Sep 01, 09 at 5:13am
Ultimate Shadow

its popo cuz nana gets raped behind the character select screen.

Every time you play ice climbers.

I mean, if you hear it closely, you can hear rape

yeah

{Hold your color}

Sep 01, 09 at 1:45am
Ready Start L_Arc

popo

Sep 01, 09 at 1:38am
Low Rider

thank you
what do i name his folder tho

Sep 01, 09 at 1:18am