Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Halo Wars » Why are flood in halo wars? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 26, 09 at 1:12pmkyleallen5000

I dont understand why the flood are present in halo wars. If you follow the story the flood dont appear till the events on the first Halo, but Halo wars is in its timeline is before the events on halo, so why are the flood their?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 11, 12 at 10:53am
dyeriuss

quote Zhents
because every halo game has flood in it
wrong
ODST has no trace of flood

The flood were in halo wars because of the simple fact that the flood were containted on instalations the planet you go to happens to be a world that was abbandonded by the forerunners because of the flood being their and the flood took it over

May 31, 12 at 11:43pm
taj1994

Sorry for necroing, but this is really going to bug me for a while if I don't say something...

quote DragoniteBallZ
I'm pretty sure the Flood has always been there but they have been contained by the Covenant up until Halo:CE. It was just in that game that they were released and they became an out of control plague.
All of the Flood were wiped out when the Forerunners activated Halo (except for the specimens kept in the Library on each of the rings). The Covenant first discovered the Flood on Installation 04.

quote Zhents
it says every spartan but gray team was on reach when it nearly destroyed, and if you pay attention to HW campiagn story messages, Alice Jerome and Douglas were Gray Team, and no they don't die, because they were in Cryo Sleep on SOF when the sun super-nova'd
Gray Team consists of Adriana-111, Jai-006 and Mike, and they weren't on Reach because they were off on a mission deep in Covenant-controlled space, and were "deemed too inaccessible to be recalled to Reach."
Jerome-092, Alice-130, and Douglas-042 are a part of Red Team, not Gray Team.

The most likely reason for the Flood being in Wars is that it is an RTS game, which usually have 3 or more different factions, and without the Flood, it would only be UNSC vs. Covenant. Imagine playing Starcraft and only having two of three factions.

Apr 11, 09 at 8:26pm
Zhents

They couldn't have told the Autumn anything because they were on the SOF when they meet the flood, and it was a different planet also, and what other people were saying, their drive core was used to make the sun super nova so the covanent doesn't use the forerunner ships to annihilate everything in sight, and by that time they were listed MIA, because they haven't been heard of for years, also if you read one of the halo books (fall of reach i believe?) it says every spartan but gray team was on reach when it nearly destroyed, and if you pay attention to HW campiagn story messages, Alice Jerome and Douglas were Gray Team, and no they don't die, because they were in Cryo Sleep on SOF when the sun super-nova'd

Apr 11, 09 at 9:47am
Blazing Saiyan

Jerome,Alice and Douglas were sent down by the pillar of autumn. wouldn't they have told the pillar of autumn about the flood? i would of thought so but if the ship is never found then it's true. although i guess the answer awaits in halo wars 2.

the thing that amazes me about the storyline are the spartans, they were never mentioned in fall of reach. i hope they don''t die because jerome is 092 and thats my tag

Apr 05, 09 at 10:08pm
FlaredCrossbow

quote Shinobi_razor
quote Fkital
We didn't know what the Flood was during the events of Halo Wars, the Spirit Of Fire assumed they were just an alien life form from another planet, as most events on Halo Wars take place on different planets, I believe.
that pretty much sums it up. SOF got lost and never met up with other UNSC apparently so they couldnt tell the humans about the Flood.
Exactly. The SOF's Shaw-Fujikawa transmission drive was used to superheat the sun or whatever. They took to long to report in, because they couldn't make it back to any currently held UNSC space, and were put down as MIA. All the crew, the ship, everything. They weren't at Harvest when they blew the place to Hell, and it could quite possibly have taken over 20 years to get back to any UNSC controlled region, which, by that time, would have excluded all of the Outer Colonies because of the Covenant. And, to make it even more probable that they never made it back to UNSC space, there's the Legendary after-credits message where

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by FlaredCrossbow on Apr 08 2009.

Apr 05, 09 at 4:04pm
Chronic Apathy

quote Shinobi_razor
quote Fkital
We didn't know what the Flood was during the events of Halo Wars, the Spirit Of Fire assumed they were just an alien life form from another planet, as most events on Halo Wars take place on different planets, I believe.
that pretty much sums it up. SOF got lost and never met up with other UNSC apparently so they couldnt tell the humans about the Flood.
ONI: So, what did you find?
Cutter: The Forerunners and the Flood!
ONI: What?
Bungie Operative: *swings in and erases everyone's mind*

Apr 05, 09 at 7:42am
DragoniteBallZ

I'm pretty sure the Flood has always been there but they have been contained by the Covenant up until Halo:CE. It was just in that game that they were released and they became an out of control plague.

Apr 04, 09 at 9:32pm
FlaredCrossbow

No they weren't. Where'd you hear that?

Apr 04, 09 at 5:57pm
Gallade

But the 3 spartans on the SOF were also on reach.
So...
WTF

Mar 29, 09 at 9:16am
Shinobi_razor

quote Fkital