Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Aevers Reviews » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 16, 14 at 7:12am
Aevers

Sep 09, 14 at 6:53am
Aevers

quote Jak
quote Aevers
quote Jak
Almost to a fault. It kind of seems like you're just rushing through it. Unless there really isn't a lot to say about it but it's still worth trying.
Pretty much, yeah. It's one of those games I'd like people to try out, even if it's one I can't exactly talk your head off about unlike, say, Wade Hixton's Counter Punch or Final Fantasy 4.
Well, I have been playing that on an emulator lately, so mission accomplished.

Sep 08, 14 at 5:27pm
Jak

quote Aevers
quote Jak
Almost to a fault. It kind of seems like you're just rushing through it. Unless there really isn't a lot to say about it but it's still worth trying.
Pretty much, yeah. It's one of those games I'd like people to try out, even if it's one I can't exactly talk your head off about unlike, say, Wade Hixton's Counter Punch or Final Fantasy 4.
Well, I have been playing that on an emulator lately, so mission accomplished.

Sep 03, 14 at 5:58am
Aevers

quote Jak

quote Jak
lol. It's the "at best" bit that got me.
Ohhhh I get you.

Sep 01, 14 at 9:11pm
Jak

quote Aevers
Oh don't worry, my latest review (the Low G Man one) goes back to that.

quote Aevers
Not quite. I'd like to think it's fine, but then I get I'm responding to a four month old comment.
lol. It's the "at best" bit that got me.

Sep 01, 14 at 2:43am
Aevers

quote Monterey Jack
dunno what happened but your last three reviews are longer than everything else you've done which makes this bit of your OP a bit funny

quote Aevers
I tend to keep them short so you get the idea of how good/shit a game is without sleeping halfway through.
but I'm liking it
Oh don't worry, my latest review (the Low G Man one) goes back to that.

I've found that a lot of games like Revengeance and Karate Kid have lots to talk about and if anything, I have to keep it simple instead of long winded.

quote Jak
Kind of like this sentence?
Not quite. I'd like to think it's fine, but then I get I'm responding to a four month old comment.

quote Jak
"sounds like a raspy version of Vegeta from the Ocean dub" - who was already raspy to begin with.
Only when Vegeta yells. :3

Thanks for the comments guys!!

Apr 28, 14 at 8:35pm
Jak

"sounds like a raspy version of Vegeta from the Ocean dub" - who was already raspy to begin with.

I'd, at best, recommend renting this game, but on the whole, it's rushed, like a kid turning in his homework at the last minute without double checking everything.
Kind of like this sentence?

And good eye Monterey Jack, though in general, her reviews have gotten longer (or bigger?) since she wrote that Legend Of Legaia review.

Apr 18, 14 at 8:27am
Alyssa

Hey Aevers, Raiden also cut up heavily armored vehicles. That made him seem even more badass.

Apr 14, 14 at 7:04am
Monterey Jack

quote Revengeance review
well, can't have a Metal Gear game without an epic final boss, eh? Well, they at least kind of got that right. Just a shame he's such a one dimensional character and ridiculousness aside, it's like a big ball of nothing.

But one thing every Metal Gear game excels at is its boss battles, and – surprisingly – Revengeance doesn't disappoint
I'm a little confused - are you saying "it's like a big ball of nothing" like his character is the big ball of nothing, or that the boss fights aside, the level is a big ball of nothing?

it's rushed, like a kid turning in his homework at the last minute without double checking everything
that's a bit ironic considering that some of the parts - conclusion especially - read like this haha

dunno what happened but your last three reviews are longer than everything else you've done which makes this bit of your OP a bit funny

quote Aevers
I tend to keep them short so you get the idea of how good/shit a game is without sleeping halfway through.
but I'm liking it

Mar 03, 14 at 8:52pm
Jak

re: Your Adventure Island review

At least the power ups and whatnot are in the same eggs
Nope, not quite. The power ups are found in the same order:

Stone axe (not a tomahawk) -> Skateboard -> Fairy (I forgot her name but it's in the instruction manual... wherever that is) -> Eggplant.

It resets when you die and I believe it also resets when you enter a new level, and the axes usually appear on their own near checkpoints if you respawn by them which may have confused you a bit there. It happens.

I think you also gave the game a little too much credit, but to each to their own. I actually wouldn't mind if you reviewed one of the sequels since I can get a clearer read of what you liked about it since it's drowned out by how unforgiving the first game is.