Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Aevers Reviews » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 18, 15 at 5:24am
Polarity

quote Watain
I think, though, outside of like one paragraph and half of another, she's talking up the strengths of the game much more than the flaws. that, or it's not all that clear maybe.
From what I've gathered, Ecco's strengths are ruined by its flaws. That's basically the message she's sending to the reader about the game. So even if there aren't a lot of flaws, the fact that those flaws are present let down what it does right.

quote Freewind Rider
quote Watain
it also looks like you're missing a few flaws and didn't really get enough into the ones you did put onto the table, only really showing off the positives and those gray areas. you didn't really get that much into what makes it so tedious is what I'm saying.
i don't know man, i think she painted the whole picture pretty well, splicing in its flaws with its strengths. it's just one of those games going by what aevers said plus that longplay plus the ten minutes i played it for.
Yeah, I've gotten the same thing from reading the review myself Watain.

May 14, 15 at 11:19pm
Watain

quote Freewind Rider
quote Watain
it also looks like you're missing a few flaws and didn't really get enough into the ones you did put onto the table, only really showing off the positives and those gray areas. you didn't really get that much into what makes it so tedious is what I'm saying.
i don't know man, i think she painted the whole picture pretty well, splicing in its flaws with its strengths. it's just one of those games going by what aevers said plus that longplay plus the ten minutes i played it for.
I think, though, outside of like one paragraph and half of another, she's talking up the strengths of the game much more than the flaws. that, or it's not all that clear maybe.

May 11, 15 at 9:27pm
Freewind Rider

quote Watain

Apr 27, 15 at 4:18am
Aevers

quote Watain
when you told me you were going to review Ecco, I looked up a longplay of it. I take it that video makes things look a lot easier than they really are?
Some parts here and there are even easier than they look. Like I said, the difficulty is all over the place - some parts require tons of trial and error, some parts require insane precision, and some parts require skill, where a fair amount of parts just require you to not overthink.

quote Watain
I get you. I'll see what I can do to make it all better!

Apr 24, 15 at 2:56am
Watain

when you told me you were going to review Ecco, I looked up a longplay of it. I take it that video makes things look a lot easier than they really are? it also looks like you're missing a few flaws and didn't really get enough into the ones you did put onto the table, only really showing off the positives and those gray areas. you didn't really get that much into what makes it so tedious is what I'm saying.

Apr 21, 15 at 10:24pm
Aevers

Oh shit, I forgot to update this thread!

So here are the 2014 horror reviews - Five Nights At Freddy's, Nightmare Creatures and Castlevania Bloodlines. I wanted to add Deadly Premonition, The Evil Within and maybe Five Nights At Freddy's 2, but I just never got around to reviewing them.

Then I wrote up Fairy Fencer F like Alyssa and Taake did and Polarity eventually did.

Then I began the year with Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle. Finally, I just wrote up Ecco The Dolphin!

Sep 16, 14 at 7:12am
Aevers

Sep 09, 14 at 6:53am
Aevers

quote Jak
quote Aevers
quote Jak
Almost to a fault. It kind of seems like you're just rushing through it. Unless there really isn't a lot to say about it but it's still worth trying.
Pretty much, yeah. It's one of those games I'd like people to try out, even if it's one I can't exactly talk your head off about unlike, say, Wade Hixton's Counter Punch or Final Fantasy 4.
Well, I have been playing that on an emulator lately, so mission accomplished.

Sep 08, 14 at 5:27pm
Jak

quote Aevers
quote Jak
Almost to a fault. It kind of seems like you're just rushing through it. Unless there really isn't a lot to say about it but it's still worth trying.
Pretty much, yeah. It's one of those games I'd like people to try out, even if it's one I can't exactly talk your head off about unlike, say, Wade Hixton's Counter Punch or Final Fantasy 4.
Well, I have been playing that on an emulator lately, so mission accomplished.

Sep 03, 14 at 5:58am
Aevers

quote Jak

quote Jak
lol. It's the "at best" bit that got me.
Ohhhh I get you.