Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Fullmetal Alchemist Series 2: Brotherhood » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 23, 09 at 3:13pmEnth

-
From April 5th 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist begins it's second series, a new storyline told from the very beginning of the Elric Brothers' adventure.

As requested by Solitaire, Series 2 gets it's own thread, so if you wish to discuss the events of Series 1 or the OVA's, please use the current Series 1 thread for posting in. You can find the links above. In the same way, if you wish to discuss the Movie please take it to the Movie Thread.

Usually rules apply. No spamming or one-liners, and spoilers absolutely must be put in Spoiler Tags. Now, I personally can't wait for this to begin, and I know a lot of other people feel the same ^^

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 26, 14 at 12:44am
Stewie

I was all excited to watch FMA:B tonight on Toonami (Adult Swim)... and then it comes on and the entire audio is choppy and cutting out .

Jan 16, 14 at 8:52pm
Sigma

Yeah dude, I completely get what you're saying haha. I can't see any version of FMA being bad. I mean sure I like the story (from what I know) much better in Brotherhood, but from what I know of the original series the story wasn't bad at all, and people hate on it too much.

Jan 16, 14 at 8:26pm
Maximus 3

Oh I get why people like Brotherhood more, it's the better paced and more tightly knit story. WHat I don't get is that there are people who absolutely lambast the '03 Series because it 'disregards' Awakara's characters. (Even though She got production and planning credits... but w/ev)

And then some that just won't touch it, due to it not following the source material (of a Manga that didn't finish until 2010, a whole 7 years later btw.)

I just don't get it, ya know?

Jan 16, 14 at 7:28pm
Sigma

quote Maximus 3
What's everyone's beef with FMA '03?

I mean sure, it isn't as tightly knit as Brotherhood but it's still one of the best shonen out there. Hell, considering they had as few details as they did to work with at the time, it holds up surprisingly well.

Now Conqueror of Shambala on the otherhand, I'm sure we can all agree that was a travesty, yeah?
I've never seen the original anime, but I do know the story for the most part, and it didn't seem too bad IMO. I just see that people prefer Brotherhood much more over it, but I don't really know why.

I did see Conqueror of Shamballa though and... well, there not really much you can say about that. :<

Jan 16, 14 at 5:41pm
Maximus 3

What's everyone's beef with FMA '03?

I mean sure, it isn't as tightly knit as Brotherhood but it's still one of the best shonen out there. Hell, considering they had as few details as they did to work with at the time, it holds up surprisingly well.

Now Conqueror of Shambala on the otherhand, I'm sure we can all agree that was a travesty, yeah?

Jan 16, 14 at 4:46pm
BluePhoenix

quote Amy
BluePhoenix GUD JOBBU. Now if only they surfed Neoseeker to post their thoughts in here ¦D.

yeah that wont happen i dont think, although i think it could appeal to one of them.. maybe.

Jan 16, 14 at 4:44pm
Amy

BluePhoenix GUD JOBBU. Now if only they surfed Neoseeker to post their thoughts in here ¦D.

Jan 16, 14 at 4:43pm
BluePhoenix

quote Amy
Sigma IRL friend? Invite them over, and just PUT IT ON o3o. That's what my dad did with Spirited Away (and he probably regrets making me dive into a semi deep end xD). Online friend, a little harder. If the person likes streaming, link to websites, since it's easier to access than the whole downloading thing.

I literally made my three housemates watch the first episode of brotherhood, they are all currently in their bedrooms watching it

Jan 16, 14 at 3:55am
Amy

I will share my way of convincing my friend I mentioned earlier to watch this series. I set her a resolution for this year muhaha >8D. To watch and finish this series.

Jan 15, 14 at 8:56pm
Stewie

Sigma I'd say that happens after the second episode. Once you find out why everything is the way it is, you just don't want to stop.

I can say that from personal experience!