Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » General PS3 Trophy Challenges [Game Thread] » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 22, 09 at 3:58pmMnmfan

In an attempt to boost activity around here I think it's time for a good, long lasting, competitive and proper game.

So what is this game?

Well the clue is in the title really. It's a game whereby gaining Trophies earns you more points which increases your score. That's pretty much the jist of it.

How does it work?

Whenever a new, somewhat popular game is released you are challenged to earn as many trophies as you can for that game within a certain time period. The person with the most trophies at the end of the deadline earns points depending on the trophies he/she has earned.

The Points Explained

1 Point for Bronze
3 Points for Silver
6 Points for Gold
10 Points for Platinum

However any Trophies that you have NOT earned will be deducted from your score.

Example: If you earn 8 Bronze, 3 Silver and 1 Gold but did NOT earn 4 Bronze, 1 Silver and 1 Gold your score would be:
8 Bronze = 8 points
3 Silver = 9 Points
1 Gold = 6 Points

Total so far 23 points...

MINUS

4 Bronze = 4
1 Silver = 3
1 Gold = 6
= 13

So your final score would be 10 Points (23 - 13 = 10).

How long will the Deadline be?

Due to every game being released at different times in different countries a new system is now in place.

There are 2 deadlines. The first deadline will always be one month from the time a Challenge begins. Once that deadline has passed no one can enter that particular challenge anymore.
The second deadline is for collecting the trophies.
The deadline for this will vary dependig on the game and the trophy difficulty of the game. For Retail Games the deadline will probably be about 7 days from the time you earn your first trophy. For PSN games the Deadline will be around 3-4 days from the time you earn your first trophy.

The idea is to earn as many trophies as you possibly can from the time you earn your first trophy.

I don't want to have the deadline too long because then most us would have platinum by the end so instead I'm going to try and anticipate the difficulty of the trophies before the game is released and try to come up with a challenging yet doable deadline.

So when do we start?

As stated earlier only new games that have yet to be released will be used for the challenge so that people don't get a head start if they already have a certain game. I was hoping to start this challenge before Killzone 2 and RE5 was released but the released date kind of crept up on me.

The first Trophy game will be Red Alert 3 which is released next week.

Sounds cool so how do I participate?

Simply post in this thread saying you want to join. Because this game is based on your PSN Trophies you will ALSO need to post your PSN ID so that we can verify your trophy count when it comes to checking the scores.

But I don't have that game!

Don't worry if you never plan on getting the game in the current challenge. There will be many more challenges with a wide variety of different type games. You will always have a chance to catch up with the scoreboard leaders because they might not get a game that you do plan on getting.

Remember, you can join the challenge for a certain game up to a month after the challenge has begun and you need to earn trophies within a certain time period.

Have fun.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 05, 12 at 11:59am
Mnmfan

quote jbh
I'll enter this one, getting it on release. I doubt I'll win though as the Australian/UK release is 3 days after the US one. So there's quite an advantage for some.
Don't worry about the time difference. The way I'm doing the rules it shouldn't matter how long X country has it before Y and Z country.

May 04, 12 at 9:34pm
jbh

I'll enter this one, getting it on release. I doubt I'll win though as the Australian/UK release is 3 days after the US one. So there's quite an advantage for some.

May 04, 12 at 7:52pm
Aeirou

I can help you rate the participants. I'll enter the challenge as well, if gamefly sends me MP3 on release.

May 04, 12 at 6:37pm
Mnmfan

Ok I'll start this up again tomorrow. The game will be...

Max Payne 3.

I know it's not out for another week or so but it'll give people time to join the challenge before it gets under way.

I might however need some assistance with this because checking the timestamps for everyone's trophies and calculated the scores etc etc is no easy task on your own so if anyone is interested co-running this with me let me know.

May 01, 12 at 2:34pm
xWarriorOfLegendx

For what it's worth I'm interested but 5 people being interested isn't any more appealing is it?

May 01, 12 at 8:35am
Aeirou

How about less of a challenge and more of a coop game thing? We can decide on a 2-4 player coop and just all play together.

My classes end today so I'm looking to fill the work void so I don't go crazy lol

May 01, 12 at 7:44am
Mnmfan

No but only 4 people seem interested in reviving it. Hardly enough to launch such a big, demanding and time consuming game.

Apr 30, 12 at 7:05pm
Aeirou

Did we decide against this?

Apr 17, 12 at 7:01am
Mnmfan

The challenge won't be RA3. That was the challenge 3 years ago. If enough people are interested I'll start the thread again with new challenges.

Apr 17, 12 at 4:30am
Minds

I see Red Alert 3 listed, I'd love to get this done as I've had the game for a couple of years.

Only downside is reliable partners, I've asked around so many times in different places and always end up with a few adds but they never touch the game, even when I ask. So I'd be up for this RA3 challenge as long as someone is willing to co-op hard mode with me, I am reliable with it and on often.

Been meaning to go back to it anyway to get the skirmish trophies done.