Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Regarding Newcomers... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 02, 09 at 12:57amDorskyMarippy

Who are you glad they added ro Brawl, and who do you think wasn't the best choice?
For me,

Mostest: Pit. He deserved it after 20 years

Leastest: Snake. Metal Gear is a little grim for the humor of Nintendo, but I love the humor Snake does bring in.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 12, 09 at 9:16pm
DXD

quote Zumma
He was a toy in the 1980s. He was usable in 2 games. Although he pretty much sucked, don't mock him. It's partly thanks to him that NES flourished so much in North-America, making Nintendo big-time.
I was already aware of R.O.B. being used as an original NES hardware attatchment back in the day. And I wasn't putting him down, I was commenting on how awkward of a character he is in MKDS.

Mar 12, 09 at 9:13pm
Zumma

He was a toy in the 1980s. He was usable in 2 games. Although he pretty much sucked, don't mock him. It's partly thanks to him that NES flourished so much in North-America, making Nintendo big-time.

Mar 12, 09 at 9:07pm
DXD

quote Zumma
Noo... Well maybe Ridley or King K. Rool..
Exactly. More popular classic enemies are needed to accompany the main trademark characters such as Kirby and Link.

quote Zumma
Only since Gyromite and Stack Up.
The first I've ever seen of him was in MKDS and his appearance while driving a vehicle was "odd" to say the least.

Mar 12, 09 at 8:59pm
Zumma

quote DXD
quote Zumma
Pit is not that unknown to be replaced by another Link.
You're right, a Metroid/DK character would be much more appropriate.

quote Zumma
And R.O.B. Is such a legendary failure in the video game business that he deserves to stay.
Only since Mario Kart DS.

Noo... Well maybe Ridley or King K. Rool..

Only since Gyromite and Stack Up.

Mar 12, 09 at 8:56pm
DXD

quote Zumma
Pit is not that unknown to be replaced by another Link.
You're right, a Metroid/DK character would be much more appropriate.

quote Zumma
And R.O.B. Is such a legendary failure in the video game business that he deserves to stay.
Only since Mario Kart DS.

Mar 12, 09 at 6:23pm
Zumma

Pit is not that unknown to be replaced by another Link. And R.O.B. Is such a legendary failure in the video game business that he deserves to stay.

Mar 11, 09 at 11:15pm
DXD

quote LinKing12
Pit has only been in one game, which I might add I had never heard of before. In fact, ROB also was in few games, but it was still added. If they added Zant, enough people would know from where he came from, along with the other characters I mentioned. Even if they added a Zora or a Goron... IDEA!!!

Character: Deku Link, Zora Link, and Goron Link. Kinda like Pokemon trainer, just with masks. No middle person, just switch between the three.

Whaddya think? Should we put a ring on it?
Considering I know these characters originate from a popular and well-known franchise and recognize their features at first glance, I'd say this wouldn't be a bad idea to replace Pit and/or R.O.B. with examples such as these.

Mar 11, 09 at 7:53pm
X Naut Shroober

Least Favorite: Wolf
Most Favorite: King Dedede

Mar 11, 09 at 3:17pm
LinKing12

quote InvisibleMuffin
You could never get sick of Zelda characters, although it'd be pointless to add any more as only Zelda, Link and Ganon have been in enough games to be obvious to people that they're from that franchise.
Pit has only been in one game, which I might add I had never heard of before. In fact, ROB also was in few games, but it was still added. If they added Zant, enough people would know from where he came from, along with the other characters I mentioned. Even if they added a Zora or a Goron... IDEA!!!

Character: Deku Link, Zora Link, and Goron Link. Kinda like Pokemon trainer, just with masks. No middle person, just switch between the three.

Whaddya think? Should we put a ring on it?

Mar 10, 09 at 3:06am
DXD

quote InvisibleMuffin
Charizard's actually the strongest out of the three PT pokemon, and on its own would possibly be high up on the tiers, as it has good match-ups and awesome killing strength, etc.
Since this was an opinion of mine, I didn't type that post as a fact, and I never said that Charizard lacked superior "killing strength" in the least.

quote IM
The fact that you HAVE to use the other pokemon due to fatigue is what drags it down.
Exactly, I never brought that up as not true.

Thus:

quote DXD
I think it would've been better if Nintendo switched the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon forms around to make it: Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, Blastoise
quote IM
It's not surprising. He has no agility...
"OPINION": compared to Charizard's jumping and midair attack speed, he does.