Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XIII » Noctis Vs Lightning who would win? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.ALL members MUST check the Thread Index and read the Spoiler & Ban Policy BEFORE posting!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Feb 02, 09 at 5:36amBale Fire

We've enough footage of both games now to do a comparison, so I thought we'd have some fun on which of these stars from Final Fantasy XIII and XIII Versus respectively would win in a one on one duel. This isn't a popularity contest, so don't just say outright Versus suks or something to that effect, only compare their fighting abilities.

So one side we Lightning, with the hope of the world on her shoulders and kickass fighting moves and a gunblade to boot. She can also apparently manipulate gravity to some extent, allowing her to pull off some truly insane moves.

Next we have Noctis, a Prince which is more than happy to get his hands dirty when confronted with dozens of attacking soldiers. He can manipulate a swarm of blades at will and can also seemingly teleport, making him a force to be reckoned with.

So which one would you think would have the upper hand? Which of Square's perfect hair gifted characters would send the other packing. You decide

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 21, 14 at 11:48pm
End-Gamer.

Noctis, through various weaponry and skills I believe he can take on Lightning. If he can use anything, why not explosive round shotguns. Expl rounds in shotties solves any fight within seconds. He also seems adept at using magic and augmenting it into his attacks. While Lightning has Odin, I remember Seifer beating Odin with ease. And I believe Noctis is better than Seifer. (Although I think Gilgamesh really did the work) Anyway, I think with his abilities can beat Lightning, although it may be a tough fight.

Nov 24, 13 at 6:02pm
Ishtelte

This thread is pointless. Wait for FFXV on the PS4. There all you kiddies will bend over to Noctis. >

Feb 23, 13 at 10:47am
Just sum guy

Okay Im here to put an end to this. It would come down to an ALMOST tie with Noctis leading by an inch. Noctis will then realize he loves this fighting goddess, confess to her, and make love with her right then and there lol

Feb 12, 13 at 2:34pm
ReconEnemy

I don't think either character is powerful, personally. Just full of magic tricks and smoke.

Since I don't find either of their abilities impressive, I would just say Kaim Argonaur wins by default.

He shows up with all his full equipment plus Orchia sword, after several ring-breakers, two level eight spirit blasts later and goodbye Lightning + Noctis. Those who boast the most, finish last.

Nov 15, 12 at 3:53pm
InsanityxWithin69

I think Lightning would win because she actually goes into combat more than Noctis does. Noctis just summons weapons and hides himself behind them.

Oct 01, 12 at 11:51am
mahin

noctis. watch the new gameplay trailer and tell me if thats not badass.

May 10, 12 at 10:11pm
nitecat84

I vote for lighting as seen on the beginning of FFXIII - 2 when Lighting has been blessed by the goddess of Valhalla she has become something more closer to an immortal. The spells,attacks and even summons she uses is something of a total different level. If i were to say in FFXIII itself Lighting will lose to Noctis but not in FFXIII - 2

May 10, 12 at 9:02am
Lilaty12

It would be a tough fight, but i'd have to say lightning. She is the protector of Etro. She wouldnt have been chosen if she couldnt kick ass. Mix it with odin and Noctis has no chance.

Apr 27, 11 at 3:11pm
Kith

Oh, they would be awesome together. That's probably why they're in two separate games--the world cannot handle it if they weren't.

Apr 27, 11 at 6:27am
Hoji

This is quite a difficult arguement, but first off i just wanna ask the crowd to stop hating on both of these characters. Each has their own good aspects in combat and weapons. But the fact is Versus XIII isn't even out so their is little info to base his fighting capability. I also am infatuated with lighting, she's just really hot and has got all the right moves. For those bashing on Noctis saying he'd be nothing with his crystal, so would a lot of characters if they didn't have their "weapon". Its part of the story, just like lighting getting her "powers" from becoming pulse l'cie. If not for that she wouldn't have elements would she, and another point is that we do not know the extent in Noctis's traing in combat. I mean he is a prince fated to protect a "whole" city state from the "rest of the world" who wants their crystals. It's like saying what if countries didn't have nukes, well too bad they do, deal with it. I like both quite honostly. Different games, hard to choose.

And honestly can't we just have the two get together have sex and create beautiful world destroying little monsters who inherited the best of both.

Another thing i think lightning is a strong sexy woman, and i think that just because Noctis wears leather does not make the fact that he's a homosexual.

And come on you know you dig the idea of those two together, they'd be absolutely adorable/cute/sexy/deadly and will just cause the end of the world as we know it.