Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » how many controllers can the ps3 support? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 20, 09 at 9:17pmroshan93

im just wondering how many it can support coz CoD5 offline multiplayer wud be pretty crappy with only 4 players. plz reply back and tell me

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 16, 12 at 8:41am
Slaryinth

If your are player 1, 2, 3, or 4, then it displays that number, but 5-7 display two numbers. (e.g. 7 Would display 4 and 2; 5 would display 4 and 1.) WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008+ use up to 7 controllers. No split-screen games work with more than 4. That help?

Nov 02, 11 at 4:39pm
Sonic Flash

The unusual limitation of 7 comes from Bluetooth standards as opposed to Sony standards. Bluetooth receivers can support up to 7 devices.

Granted, few companies take advantage of this... ability.
I'm sure there are games where you could host 7 people and not have it be a cluster*bleep* of splitscreens.

Nov 01, 11 at 6:29pm
Patron519

They do that for games like Smackdown vs Raw and Sport games like NHL an NFL an NBA those games

Jan 23, 09 at 6:44pm
Robert Ninja

That's what I did, Valo, I tried to assign the controllers and got all that junk 7a BS.

Not surprising Wiki doesn't have the info. I rarely find what I what to know there... and if I do, it's false.

Jan 23, 09 at 9:15am
Ville_Valo

quote 12th Cylinder
But who in their right minds would ever use 7 controllers? Most games don't support more than 4
Yeah, I don't have 7 gamer-savvy friends...and $700 for 7 controllers is a bit much. I paid that much for the console
I guess the idea is they bring their own controllers.

Robert Ninja, I believe the key is to press the PS button and assign controllers. You also need to register them by plugging in with the cable first. I found the system very easy to use, provided you know how.

Oddly enough Wikipedia doesn't mention how many controllers it uses. :\

Jan 22, 09 at 11:24pm
Robert Ninja

If people say it's 7, they're prob right. when I was at my friend's house with the entire GH: WT set and two controllers, it sorta messed up and got confused. On the assign control options it had 1a, B, 2, 1A, A, 9,

I dunno wtf happened. It pissed me off because I couldn't get the controller with the rumble to work... it just sat there blinking hysterically at me. It was a mess of controllers. And get this... I was a trying to feel the rumble in Silent Hill 2. The irony. That has to be the most solitary game to play on your own... and here I am with more controllers than games.

Jan 22, 09 at 11:10pm
12th Cylinder

But who in their right minds would ever use 7 controllers? Most games don't support more than 4

Jan 22, 09 at 2:12pm
Stefan

quote Ville_Valo
quote stefan1888
i think its 7, which is really crap.
The most amount a console has ever supported is crap? What's wrong with you? It's like saying the Bugatti Veyron's power is crap. It's not crap, it's the best money can buy
no i was referring to the odd number rather than the actual quantity.

Jan 22, 09 at 1:50pm
serpent

Its 7 at most but i never see any other games that support it except for some sports games.

Jan 22, 09 at 12:14pm
Ville_Valo

quote stefan1888
i think its 7, which is really crap.
The most amount a console has ever supported is crap? What's wrong with you? It's like saying the Bugatti Veyron's power is crap. It's not crap, it's the best money can buy
quote SUPREM_KITE
It is seven controllers wireless and as many as you want if you have them wired.
What? The PS3 has two USB ports. As many as you want? How?
It supports 7.

I always wondered how it would work, but it's mostly games where you can see the whole screen at once, like Basketball, Soccer, those kind of games.