Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Welcome to Neoseeker! Please read through the forum rules before posting. Why don't you <a href="/members/register.html" targ

hideOriginal Post

Jan 16, 09 at 5:40pmFab Lauren

Forum Feedback and Suggestions

Hi everybody. This thread is for forum feedback and suggestions. In this thread we can post ideas for the forum, and they will be decided on by Diamondflame, our forum moderator. ^^;

[color=#666666]This message was edited by Fab Lauren on Jan 21 2009.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 15, 12 at 4:28am
Simshero

I'd say maybe a theme, like this week is Maxis Match, next week is children or something, etc.

Aug 14, 12 at 2:56pm
Neon Rainbow

Oh, I definitely don't think you'd need ALL of those categories. For example I'd only pick one item of clothing rather than all the different objects, and I'd pick either wallpaper or flooring rather than both. I think you could narrow it down quite a bit.

Aug 14, 12 at 1:08pm
Tay Rex

Neon Rainbow, that is exactly why there should be a featured content thread. There is too much to choose from.

I'm not sure about doing a piece of custom content for each category. Think about it, that's skintones, hair, eyes, make up, every day clothing, formalwear, pyjamas, underwear, swimwear, wallpapers, flooring, objects, lots, Sims, mods and god knows what else I've forgotten every week. I can't find and narrow down 15 pieces of custom content every week on top of everything else and format it into a structured format.

Aug 14, 12 at 10:25am
Neon Rainbow

I'm not sure about it, mainly because there's TONS of CC out there and I personally would have no idea where to start looking.

However, we could give it a go, I'm sure there must be other members here who have their favourite pieces they think are worthy of it.

Another thing I'd say; more than one piece of CC for a week, imo. Like, instead of your idea of a different theme each week, maybe we could have those themes as categories, and each category would have a featured item; for example, this week's hairstyle, this week's furniture item, etc.

Just my two cents. (:

Aug 14, 12 at 1:19am
Simshero

Yeah! I'd love something like that, especially since I'm a CC junkie. (over 20GB of Sims 2 custom crap)

Aug 13, 12 at 4:46pm
Tay Rex

How does everybody feel about the idea of a Featured Custom Content thread? It would be updated weekly with a new piece of custom content which the forum deems worthy of the title. Each week, members of the forum could send me suggestions for the custom content and I would choose one for that week. We could have different themes as well or focus on specific types of content such as formal wear or hairstyles.

Would you guys be interested in a thread like this or do you not see the point? It would take a little time for me to set it up and to update it every week so I'd like to know if the idea is worth it before I jump right ahead.

Jul 02, 12 at 6:07am
Tay Rex

Ahhh Adrienne, I had actually already considered and decided that but I had completely forgotten to mention it. I'm such a dope. You're definitely right though. It would be beneficial if it were a sticky. I'll work on it.

Jul 02, 12 at 6:00am
Adrienne

A simport friends directory sticky!

Jul 02, 12 at 5:10am
Tay Rex

Just as a heads up, I'm currently working on a forum index for the forum which will contain a list of some of the more popular threads such as the discussions and the extremely useful help threads as well as some of the game threads. If you have any suggestions or comments on this feel free to say so either here or through PM.

I'm also unstickying the information thread from the front page because the game has been long since released and it's now somewhat irrelevant. Is anybody interested in the idea of there being a new thread created with summaries of the game and the expansion packs which can then be added to the index for easy access. It does sounds like something somebody could easily just just the site wikis for but I'm considering it might be better to have a thread with all of the information in one place. Any feedback on that idea?

I've also made the off-topic general discussion but you'll have probably noticed that by now.

Jul 01, 12 at 11:48am
Neon Rainbow

Very welcome, Tay Rex! I love this place too. ^^