Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Watain Reviews » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jan 13, 09 at 7:07amWatain

shit from 2014 onwards:

other reviews can be found here.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 23, 16 at 4:22am
Watain

quote Freewind Rider
i'm actually kind of surprised you didn't mention the health system since that kind of stood out in 1080 snowboarding.
I'm just too *bleep*ing sick to pay any mind to the health system.

but really, I thought I included that? shit, I better do something about that.

Jan 19, 16 at 11:19pm
Freewind Rider

good review watain, but i'm actually kind of surprised you didn't mention the health system since that kind of stood out in 1080 snowboarding.

Jan 16, 16 at 2:00am
Watain

whoa Watain gives something more than a 6/10 what's going on here???

quote Jak
I can't say I remember the second half being that much better than the first half... like, I guess some of the puzzles were more creative and actually made use of the game's mechanics, but it wasn't like that was every moment in the second half. Maybe they just paced them out better? It's been too long since I've played it.
that, and the first half was mostly bland outside of a few decent puzzles.

quote Freewind Rider
i'm actually amazed that watain didn't go more into how awesome the final dungeon was.
i didn't want to ruin the surprise.

Oct 12, 15 at 9:22pm
Freewind Rider

quote Jak
I can't say I remember the second half being that much better than the first half... like, I guess some of the puzzles were more creative and actually made use of the game's mechanics, but it wasn't like that was every moment in the second half. Maybe they just paced them out better? It's been too long since I've played it.
the second half does have less of the tedious shit, but by then, you're probably used to the controls and it's just a matter of making sure you've got the hang of them. that's startropics' only real issue - the controls. other than that, it was a pretty solid zelda-like game. the final level was tits as! i'm actually amazed that watain didn't go more into how awesome the final dungeon was.

Oct 12, 15 at 4:51pm
Jak

Oh wow, my old review of Startropics was terrible.

The review's pretty solid with all things considered, but at parts, it seems a bit rushed. What I said above is especially relevant and the part about the overworld comes out of nowhere and even with a lot of words, you don't say that much about either. This bit in the conclusion's a bit awkward.

At the end of the day, Startropics is a game with a massive learning curve and a first half with lame ass puzzles (if you can even call most of them such) and good boss fights. That’s really all that keeps you playing – the boss fights. That, and the enemy fights. That, and like one or two puzzles that actually require you to have some wits about you.
In bold is where it reads oddly.

Oct 12, 15 at 6:14am
Watain

probably a bit random since I don't ordinarily cover games that are older than me, but I got this off of the eShop on the WiiU since some of you guys loved it so much and I was actually kind of disappointed. good thing its second half was good or I wouldn't have even finished the game.

Sep 2, 15 at 8:20am
Watain

thought this would've been a nice blast to the past, but then it turned out that the game was kinda mediocre. might've been a more positive review if I wrote this like ten years ago haha. at least the combat was fun.

oh and watching Gggmanlives' review of Jericho... yeah, not the case, hey Lukas...

Jul 15, 15 at 7:17am
Watain

quote Lukas
It's all tied into some pseudo-open world structure that tries to recall Symphony Of The Night
Really? Going off of what you and some other dudes are saying, it sounds more like it's trying to be a typical sandbox game than Symphony Of The Night.
eh, sort of. you unlock extra shit so that you can further explore the city and the castle. the structure's sort of like a combination of the two.

quote Lukas
I could only estimate that Jericho would be a great atmospheric survival horror game with crap action segments and abhorrent forced boss battles – in other words, The Evil Within but seven years earlier.
Evil Within review confirmed!?!?!?!?
you'll just have to find out this Halloween!??!?!?

Jun 29, 15 at 11:16am
Lukas

It's all tied into some pseudo-open world structure that tries to recall Symphony Of The Night
Really? Going off of what you and some other dudes are saying, it sounds more like it's trying to be a typical sandbox game than Symphony Of The Night.

I could only estimate that Jericho would be a great atmospheric survival horror game with crap action segments and abhorrent forced boss battles – in other words, The Evil Within but seven years earlier.
Evil Within review confirmed!?!?!?!?

Jun 29, 15 at 7:55am
Watain

the long awaited (??) review of the conclusion to the reviews of the lords of shadow trilogy.