Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon » Cain or Frey or Abel? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Armads Falchion Blessed Bow Brave Axe Durandal Fire Tome Flux Tome Killer Axe Killer Bow Killer Lance Killing Edge Lightening Tome Mani Katti Nidhogg Ragnell Rapier Siegmund Silver Axe Silver Bow Silver Lance Silver Sword Sol Katti Thunder Tome Tomahawk Vidofnir Wind Tome

hideOriginal Post

Jan 11, 09 at 9:23pmsheep_happenz

Well Im currently training them all and they're all really good, but I was wondering if I should drop one or something to maybe make room for more members on my team. Are other cavs you get along the way better than them?

How many people are max. for the final missions so I can only train that amount?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 25, 12 at 11:46am
Hay

I made my abel a archer then switched to myrmidon then promoted and he was 2-3 points away from having maxed skill and speed at lv 1.

Oct 28, 11 at 9:44pm
SilentNightmare

I suggest Frey and/or Abel. Cain is decent too, but Abel's stat growth is probably the best out of all of them. Jagen is strong at the beginning, but he suffers poor stat growth as a pre-promoted unit, so I just sacrificed him at the end of the prologue.

Sep 12, 11 at 12:58pm
marti289

prueven a cain en espadaxin

Aug 23, 11 at 12:23am
Sacredtwin11

My abel happened to be quite a bit better than frey on one game file, and on my other, he's already turning out better by a few points on each stat(around 3-ish)

May 10, 11 at 3:05am
bjs2939

In my game Frey didn't do so well. Abel maxed out his speed, skill, and strength and had higher defense than Frey. Frey only maxed his speed and skill.

I say Abel is the greatest, but that was just one game go around. Seems Frey has the majority of the popular opinion.

Jan 19, 11 at 12:04am
Um...

I actually switched Abel into a Myrmidon, didn't use Cain or Frey, and ended up leveling him up to such an extent, i killed the final boss in one attack... yeah

Jun 19, 10 at 11:36pm
corocoman

Frey has the best growths out of the 3 so he would usually be the best. Im gonna turn him into a swordsmaster.

All 3 of them are great units thou so i would keep all of them

Apr 06, 10 at 12:17am
Dragon Haiku

I turned Cain into a myrmidon and he had almost maxed out stats without any items when he became a level 20 swordmaster. Frey is definitely the best cavalier you can find. Cain still gets the bonuses from Abel no matter what class he is.

Only 3 more missions to go on merciless mode. =)

Jan 29, 10 at 8:05pm
Julzy

You know, I hardly even remember this game. How depressing is that.

I don't think I used Frey that much (He's the blueish haired one right?) whereas I used Cain and Abel like they were gods xD I loved them both very much <3 Although.. I gave up not too far in. I just couldn't bring myself to play it any more ._. Not only that, but I tend to get into a game and then stop halfway through. I have a ton of games I never finished =\

Jan 28, 10 at 4:21am
Luminescent Blade

I spammed Abel since he get's a free Javelin (my most used weapon in any FE game despite my preference for swords).

No matter how hard I try to balance out the levels of the three, Abel always levels up faster.

From the actual growth rates, It looks as if Frey's better, but I have a habit of Abel Javelin spam so he usually ends up 20/20 before I knew it.

And last time I played FE11, Abel got ridiculously Luck-blessed, ending up with 18 which is supposedly really high for him.

By growth rates, Frey may be better, but he doesn't come on hard and Abel=free Javelin. I just like Abel better in general.
But I like all three. I try to fit all of them into my team, but hey, I'm a Paladin person.

Whoever said Frey sucked must've just gotten badly RNG screwed. Frey's turned out quite nicely on both my savefiles.