Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Phenom II X4 940 Review & Overclocking » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 09, 09 at 2:04am
WSmart

Those prices really helped put this in perspective. I was trying to figure out why nobody was using an over clocked Intel part. Now I $ee.

Great practical tips on the CPU/GPU stuff, ect. Not a lot of people lining up to say that the new Intel chip doesn't matter. I read a few reviews on this new AMD P2 and came away clear as mud, but I'm crystal clear on this now. Good job. I linked here from TheInquier.net, fyi. http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/288/1050288/chasing-the-dragon

A 4ghz AMD quad core sounds like a plan.

I'm running Linux, so not sure on the GPU. Nvidia has supported Linux for several years. AMD is making a heroic effort to support a full product line and they're releasing open source documents. I'm left wanting to buy both Nvidia and AMD. I guess Nvidia has physics support? I heard somebody mention running physics off the IGP. Not officially mentioned, on a forum, but a cool thought.

Thanks.

A contribution share ratio empowers the community by providing context, like with bit torrent.

Jan 08, 09 at 5:04am
bhenning

Yes, its time to publish another launch review.

Today, we have a brand spanking new Phenom II X4 940 review with overclocking results for you, comparing it to the Phenom X4 9950, Core 2 Quad Q9650, Core 2 Quad 9770, and Core i7 920!

Read all about it...