Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Final Fantasy III » CANT BEAT SALAMANDER » Post Reply

Note to Guests:
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 31, 08 at 10:44pmPrincessPeach

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME I CANT BEAT THE SALAMANDER IVE TRIED EVERYTHING i am level 18 and 19 i have a black mage red mage warrior and white mage.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 10, 12 at 3:45pm
NavyCeltic24

I had a team of Thief,Red Mage, White Mage, and Warrior..Got all my characters levels to 20 (just sailed around in the ocean fighting sea monsters ) which does not really take that long plus if you level grind to 20 then you will make some decent coin which will help you stock up on potions and high potions before running through the dungeon. I went in with 20 potions and 10 high potions to heal up after running through the lava to conserve MP. Make sure you get a the ice sword in the dungeon before taking Salamander on plus the item "Artic Wind" helps a lot so get as many of those as you can. When starting the fight I just blasted him with Artic Winds and used my Red Mages Blizzard spell while healing all party members with my white mage, add on hitting him with advance with my warrior with the ice sword equipped pretty much equals death.....Beat him pretty easy on my first try ever so you should not have any issues. Good Luck

Feb 12, 09 at 1:35pm
Lucario489

I had these jobs at these levels and job levels:

Ingus: Lvl-21 joblvl-29
Luneth: lvl-19 joblvl-27
Refia: lvl-18 joblvl-23
Arc: lvl-20 joblvl-26

I beat it with a artic wind and a bunch of antartic winds and magic

Jan 18, 09 at 10:05am
forate_3_3

quote Dramon Knight
You probably already know, but Salamander is weak to Ice attacks. Use Blizzard, and for your people that can't use magic use Antarctic Wind if you can.

thundara is also very effective trust me

Jan 04, 09 at 6:26am
PrincessPeach

thanks ill try it

Jan 04, 09 at 4:07am
xxxRockerxxx

I just sent you a new strategy through PM. That one has a better chance of succeeding.

Jan 04, 09 at 4:03am
PrincessPeach

its starting to annoy me.

Jan 03, 09 at 9:45am
PrincessPeach

ive tried that i keep dying i use everything that i can the ice sword, the artiic winds, blizzara and stuff like that. What can any of you reccomend as i wanna pass it can someone give me cheat codes or something.

Jan 02, 09 at 12:22pm
Dramon Knight

You probably already know, but Salamander is weak to Ice attacks. Use Blizzard, and for your people that can't use magic use Antarctic Wind if you can.

Dec 31, 08 at 11:08pm
xxxRockerxxx

Okay, the 10 and 14 are big flaw in your battle there. Get those up to 20. The way to raise job level is to make your battles last long. About 5 turns for your character. Just put defend 4 times in for your turn. And then on the 5th turn, attack your enemy until defeated. It's slow, but your job levels will go up.

Dec 31, 08 at 11:01pm
PrincessPeach

um my job levels are 10 14 and 20