Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » Neoseeker visits Figure Prints » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 23, 08 at 8:39pmWolfwood

Greetings WoW faithful, our comrade ThrombosisJones has braved the elements and paid a visit to the freaky factory responsible for bringing WoW avatars to life in 3D, Figure Prints!

Get a behind the scenes look at how things are like over there with an interview with the man behind the operation himself, Ed Fries, and gasp in AWE at factoids like how they're cranking nearly 2,000 figures per month. Or all the Death Knight orders they keep receiving. Read more here:

Edit: Fixed link

WoW Figure Prints Interview and Tour

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 12, 09 at 6:55pm
dxnation

I really want one of these!

Jan 12, 09 at 3:59am
PropadataFilms

quote ThrombosisJones
Hey, hey!

Figure Prints has sent us their Blizzcon video too. Huntyr has uploaded it, making us the first site to have it.

Here's a link: videos.neoseeker.com/movies/1033-figure-prints-production/

This one is a longer video that shows more of the production facility - including the de-powdering process and a look at the old liquid treatment process.

There's no audio though and that might be our fault. We're checking into it right now and will have more info asap.

Cheers,
Adrian
Hi there - This is Will from Propadata Films. The FigurePrints in production video was made by myself and is a side piece from a short documentary about the 3D prints, currently in production. You may see it here:

http://www.propadatafilms.com/catalog/posts/figureprints-in-production/

This version does have sound....Keep your eyes out for the full documentary piece, coming out soon - it will be posted at http://www.PropadataFilms.com

Thanks for reposting the video! Glad you liked it...

Dec 31, 08 at 1:21am
ace hacker03

I disagree with that statement completely and how insensitive of you thrombosisjones they definately have at least one other thing they are good for and honestly i wouldnt have it any other way

GNOME PUNTING!!!!

Thank you and good night i will be here all week.

Dec 30, 08 at 11:48pm
ThrombosisJones

Hey, hey!

Figure Prints has sent us their Blizzcon video too. Huntyr has uploaded it, making us the first site to have it.

Here's a link: http://videos.neoseeker.com/movies/1033-figure-prints-production/

This one is a longer video that shows more of the production facility - including the de-powdering process and a look at the old liquid treatment process.

There's no audio though and that might be our fault. We're checking into it right now and will have more info asap.

Cheers,
Adrian

P.S. No way could a Gnome take a Tauren! The stunty 'wee gits are good for nothing but fetching slippers and serving drinks to small children!

Dec 28, 08 at 10:19am
doylie

lol, image 8 is funny, with the gnome standing on top of a dead tauren

Dec 28, 08 at 8:48am
ThrombosisJones

The best part about being able to visit these guys (and gals!) is that they're a very cool crew. They enjoy what they're doing and even with the stress of having shipped over 100 Figure Prints (!!!) the day before, they didn't snark at me and were very easygoing as they showed me what they do.

Also, there are a few easter egg things lurking in the video and pictures - anybody notice anything yet?

Cheers,
Adrian

Dec 27, 08 at 6:37am
Sonic Flash

I've wanted one of these for a while. ;___;

I'm keeping old gear for when I do.

Dec 27, 08 at 6:18am
hollowedsol

Makes me want to play WoW just so I can actually get one of those...

Dec 24, 08 at 8:21am
oOhennersOo

That's really cool. I've always seen those preset statues Blizzard sells and thought I'd buy one if I found one that looked like my main.

Damn good idea for a business though, it's no suprise the demand exceeds the supply, they're gonna be rolling in it within no time.

Dec 24, 08 at 2:13am
kspiess

Hey Adrian , the second last image on page one is of a character that seems to have the name 'Seeker' -- that's quite the coincidence, I thought.