Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General DS and DSi » Action Replay DS - The Official Guide [Ver. 2] » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum, feel free to look around and enjoy yourself. If you have a question about Neoseeker then feel free to ask. Anything DS related is welcome too (of course)!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Gracie Rudy KK Slider Poppy Present Tex Acorn Rotten Acorn Wallpaper Small Acorn Tangy Umbrella Goldie Stitches Apple Axe Tangy Beau Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Bluebear Candy Cheri Cherries Chief Coconut DJ KK Durian Pond Smelt Fishing Rod Fossil Gold Roses Golden Axe Golden Fishing Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Pink Ribbon Sweets House Gracie Gyroid Bamboo Seed Mango Kicks Kiki Isabelle Purple Ribbon Leif Lemon Lychee Melba Bell Bag Net Tom Nook T and T Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Orange Peach Pear Persimmon Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Pitfall Seed Pudge Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Party Popper Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Snapper Red Tulips Redd Reese Leaf Shirt Shovel Skye Slingshot Perfect Apple Cherry Watering Can White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Wolfgang Lobo Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Large Acorn

hideOriginal Post

Dec 13, 08 at 9:16pmArietta

Because many people ask questions related to the Action Replay DS, I have decided to write this tutorial, to teach you How to install Action Replay DS properly, how to add codes, and how to use Action Replay DS.
Note that this tutorial only covers the info for Action Replay DS, if you have Action Replay DS MAX, sorry, you will have to ask somewhere else.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, your questions will be answered by people from the community or by myself. Hope you find this useful.

Index

1. How to install Action Replay DS properly..
  2. How to add codes.
  3. How to use Action Replay DS.

1. How to install Action Replay DS properly.

An alternate shorter guide for this was written by Pr3tzals here.

Many people have problems installing the Code Manager to their computers, because sometimes the software won't detect your DS when you connect it.
Keep in mind that the code manager only works with Windows XP. It WON'T work with Windows Vista until Codejunkies releases the appropiate drivers.

Step 1:

Plug your Action Replay DS to any free USB port you have in your computer BEFORE putting in the installation CD.
  • If you get a random window asking for the drivers needed for the installation, leave it there and put the installation CD in your computer.
Step 2:

Now put the installation CD in your computer, and follow the steps that appear in the screen. If you don't know what to do, just do what the pictures are telling you to do.

Step 3:

Click next, and when it asks you for the destination folder, leave it there, unless you are an advanced user and you know what you are doing. However, it is recomended for you to leave it there.

Step 4:

When you get to the window to rename the folder, ignore it. Just click the checkbox if you DON'T want to create a shortcut in the start menu.

Step 5:

In this step, check the checkbox if you WANT to create a shortcut in the desktop.

Step 6:

Now you will get a confirmation window with all the features you selected. When you are done, click "install".

Step 7:

When the installation is done, only mark the box that says "launch Action Replay Code Manager" and click "finish".

Congratulations! You just installed Action Replay DS properly, and you are ready to add your codes and more!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 28, 13 at 11:30pm
ar ds driver help

I am hoping to use my action replay ds with pokemon white.

The last update I have on the action replay ds is version 1.52. This worked fine with pokemon diamond.

I haven't played pokemon or used the ar ds since then and just tried to install the ar code manager and update the ar ds.

I am now running windows 7 and I'm not positive about the os that I used when updating to ar ds version 1.52. Currently I am unable to update the ar ds to a newer version because my ar ds, through usb, is unable to be recognized.

I have tried installing different ar ds usb drivers so that i can read the ar ds through usb with windows 7, but nothing has worked.

I tried connecting the code manager to the ar ds while using the windows vista os. Eventually vista was able to download the ar ds driver, but the ar ds still would not recognize that it was connected to the pc and the code manager would not recognized that the ar ds was connected.

How can I connect the code manager to the ar ds with the problems that I have listed?

Jul 21, 13 at 3:23pm
confusedaf

So if the code I find looks like
"xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx
Xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx"
I do the same thing you said?

Jul 20, 13 at 10:14pm
Arietta

quote confusedaf
hey guys, i had some questions about my action replay. its to do with codes. im trying to get some new codes for pokemon black 2, seeing as the ones on the action replay to begin with arent really what im looking for. my problem is, all the codes i find online look like: E2003000 00000018 D0002800 4903BD70 428E6809 2400D200 000004770 02257504 521A9B70 FF42F7F2 021A9B74 FA44F659 D2000000 00000000.

however, when i go to add a new code into my action replay right from my ds, the code input screen looks like:
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx....
etc, all the way down. theres only two columns to input characters into, so why do all these codes have more than two columns, like the example code i posted above.
Just format it manually before adding it to your AR. You can tell they require two "sets" of 8 on each line, totaling a total of 16 characters:

E2003000 00000018
D0002800 4903BD70
428E6809 2400D200
000004770 02257504
521A9B70 FF42F7F2
021A9B74 FA44F659
D2000000 00000000

Jul 20, 13 at 9:04pm
confusedaf

hey guys, i had some questions about my action replay. its to do with codes. im trying to get some new codes for pokemon black 2, seeing as the ones on the action replay to begin with arent really what im looking for. my problem is, all the codes i find online look like: E2003000 00000018 D0002800 4903BD70 428E6809 2400D200 000004770 02257504 521A9B70 FF42F7F2 021A9B74 FA44F659 D2000000 00000000.

however, when i go to add a new code into my action replay right from my ds, the code input screen looks like:
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx....
etc, all the way down. theres only two columns to input characters into, so why do all these codes have more than two columns, like the example code i posted above.

Jun 06, 13 at 6:12am
GaGasLittleMons

I use a M3 Real card on my DS lite and then I have added a cheat file on to it, the cheat file works for most games but for some it I have any cheats turned on when I load the game the screen goes white and won't play. My card is fully updated, do you have any ideas what is causing this?

May 10, 13 at 7:29am
Jazzdsi

Awesome! I just got a free DSi Points Card Code and it redeemed just fine! If you want one go to freedsipoints✿ co{dot}uk

Jan 13, 13 at 2:49am
ShdwSlave

well i use the dsi with my ds lite all the time. its your code source. and check if you have the game code correct. pokemon games work all the time i constantly use codes for pokemon (after i beat the game) i do it for fun i have no point in letting it sit unused for monthes. i do that already. but anyway check the game code and the code. i recomend using the software so u can copy and paste. manual input can tire your eyes.
quote AJ1146
also forgot to add i am using the action replay DSi addition on my DS lite

Jan 13, 13 at 2:45am
ShdwSlave

Everytime i try to add a subscription or address it says theres an error. im trying to get pokemon pearl diamond soul silver and my white game. plus a bunch of other games i hardly play >.<

Oct 29, 12 at 1:37pm
AJ1146

also forgot to add i am using the action replay DSi addition on my DS lite

Oct 29, 12 at 11:01am
AJ1146

I am having a problem with my action replay i can use the manuel codes i entered for power rangers super legends but the manuel codes i added for Yugioh world championship 2008 don't work and neither do the codes already installed on the action replay any advise i triple checked the codes i put them in correctly and i see they were the same code no matter where i searched for it any help is greatly appreciated thank you