Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » MSI R4830 review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 12, 08 at 3:29amkspiess

Today we take a look at another card from MSI.

This one is a HD 4830 -- but a very well built one. Not to spoil any surprises, but this is the best overclocking card I've come across all year, and if you are looking for a inexpensive ticket to high-end gaming, you really should check this out.

On a side note, sorry for the paucity of benchmarks. I had to cut Dynatsy Warriors because it was terrible, and another bench I used failed.

For my next reviews, I'm going to add at least another 3 new benchmarks, and tweak stuff a bit, to endeavour to get you guys more data to work with.

HAppy holidays.

PS I'm going on a snowboarding trip, so I might not respond to any forum postin's / PMs' for at least 5 days. Later!

Review of the MSI R4830

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 18, 08 at 9:44pm
Jesh

Must say, this is an easy overclocker, got 685/980 right out of the box. Great buy for me.

Dec 17, 08 at 12:02am
Iceguy2003

Sounds like a good purchase. It's almost a 4850 in disguise.

Dec 16, 08 at 10:13pm
Jesh

Well, k, you convinced me. I ordered the 4830 yesterday. Not the R4830, but I could OC it anyway.

Dec 16, 08 at 8:40pm
ParanahJoe

Will it crossfire with a 4850? For how cheap that card really is, I wouldn't mind trying it in my second pci-e slot a few months down the road.

Dec 12, 08 at 7:58am
chautemoc

Great job dude. Hopefully I'll have the money to pick this up soon -- you did it with Fallout and now with the R4830.

Dec 12, 08 at 3:32am
kspiess

Ya this card is going for $100 atm at Newegg.com

I didn't want to mention that in my review text because it probably gives a hard time to all the smaller computer stores selling the card for probably closer to $150 or so.

But at $100 and some overclocking, I really can not imagine a better deal at the moment, and if you know one, by all means please let me know.

Dec 12, 08 at 3:29am
kspiess

Today we take a look at another card from MSI.

This one is a HD 4830 -- but a very well built one. Not to spoil any surprises, but this is the best overclocking card I've come across all year, and if you are looking for a inexpensive ticket to high-end gaming, you really should check this out.

On a side note, sorry for the paucity of benchmarks. I had to cut Dynatsy Warriors because it was terrible, and another bench I used failed.

For my next reviews, I'm going to add at least another 3 new benchmarks, and tweak stuff a bit, to endeavour to get you guys more data to work with.

HAppy holidays.

PS I'm going on a snowboarding trip, so I might not respond to any forum postin's / PMs' for at least 5 days. Later!