Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Why isn't my microphone working? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Dec 08, 08 at 12:12pmVille_Valo

I'm using a microphone I've used before on this computer, and it won't pickup any sound at all. I've tried all my audio slots, turned up all the volume on the volume control menus, but neither Ventrilo or the sound recorder on Windows will register any sound at all. Since it last worked I've reformatted, but that shouldn't mean anything. I figure the mic may be broken, so I opened a brand new one to try that. Neither worked.
What the shit could possibly be going on?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 09, 12 at 4:12pm
Nina2130000

So i did all of that and even still it doesnt work. i test the hardware and it runs through my mic is unchecked and up but when i go through the hardware check it tells me to read the paragraphs but no sound comes out at all. what now?

Nov 30, 11 at 2:13am
Hayl

I got a brand new mic and I tried it out too cam and you can hear my voice, there's just static notices in the back round. What do I do?

Dec 11, 08 at 12:20am
Ville_Valo

Thanks, it works perfectly now. :\
How can it go from not registering at all to working perfectly? I didn't do anything! Ah well. Thanks again.

Dec 10, 08 at 3:43pm
Furious Faction

Under sounds and audio in the control panel click on the tab voice then if it selected use the test hardware application to test it see if that works. If it is recognizing it as an option there then you have the driver. Not sure what it could be tho, usually its something simple.

Dec 08, 08 at 2:12pm
Ville_Valo

I tried all those things. I could be the drivers, though I made Device Manager scan for drivers and it didn't find anything.

Dec 08, 08 at 2:04pm
Furious Faction

Did you lose the drivers for it?

Make sure the mute button isnt pressed in the volume controls under microphone.

Also you might want to check in the control panel under sounds and audio devices. Make sure it is selected for the use of microphone.

Dec 08, 08 at 12:12pm
Ville_Valo

I'm using a microphone I've used before on this computer, and it won't pickup any sound at all. I've tried all my audio slots, turned up all the volume on the volume control menus, but neither Ventrilo or the sound recorder on Windows will register any sound at all. Since it last worked I've reformatted, but that shouldn't mean anything. I figure the mic may be broken, so I opened a brand new one to try that. Neither worked.
What the shit could possibly be going on?