Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: World at War » Expectations (Get your questions answered!) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Nov 08, 08 at 4:28pm0172

What are your expectations for the game?

My main hope is that there are more than Modern Warfare's ten weapons, that just seemed too few.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 11, 08 at 9:28pm
DeadAssassin

I hope that WaW has good multiplayer, with more arenas and weapons than just two. Plus more grenades for all modes.

The campaign should probably be longer, too. I hope that the game at least makes it so that you aren't the only one really doing anything for your side, that makes games more difficult, yet slightly more exciting.

Nov 11, 08 at 3:21pm

quote crimson streak1
Will the DS feature zombie mode? {I kinda doubt it}

-----
Heh, I believe that I heard that it was just as much a surprise to the n-Space team as it was everyone else.

Nov 11, 08 at 3:20am
R1DDL3S

Death Match, Team DM, Capture the Flag, Hunt/Prey are the confirmed modes (iirc).

Nov 11, 08 at 3:18am
crimson streak1

Will the DS feature zombie mode? {I kinda doubt it}

-----

Nov 11, 08 at 3:12am
R1DDL3S

Nice to know 24 weapons will be there

Not quite bothered by voice chat, because I never make use of it

Lag news is good news, although it make take me some time to stop lag-shooting from Metroid.

Nov 10, 08 at 11:34pm

Big news!

quote Possible n-Space staff member
7:01am, jrwojick posted:

0-172 posted:I'd be interested to know:

A. How many weapons are in the game? Modern Warfare's ten seemed a little lacking
B. Many are hoping for voice chat, but I'm assuming not. Is my assumption correct?
C. Is lag a significant issue during online play?

A. There are 24 weapons in multiplayer spread across all factions.
B. You are correct, there is no chat feature in the game.
C. Lag was not a significant issue during our tests so I would not expect to see that in the release either.
This guy is answering any questions people ask over at this blog post on IGN.

If you want me to ask any more questions, just tell me.

Nov 09, 08 at 6:58pm
Frost

quote 0172
No matter, where online play is concerned, theres always gonna be a degree of lag, at least from my experience.
That is why I said "Wi-Fi where lag is not too much of any issue."

Nov 09, 08 at 4:23pm

quote Frost
-Better graphics.
-Better single player campaign.
-Wi-Fi where lag is not too much of any issue.
-Voice chat.
-A lot of replay value.

No matter, where online play is concerned, theres always gonna be a degree of lag, at least from my experience.

I've heard that the graphics are slightly improved, with a little more detail.

You're gonna be really happy, its got plenty of replay value. It has a challenge mode, where you're put through several different challenges within a time limit (Not sure on the time limit part). There are also collectibles, I believe I read that it was some sort of puzzle. There are what are essentially achoevments, as well. Also, it seems the different difficulty levels will give something to do, being a little better balanced.

Nov 09, 08 at 2:49pm
Reborn Legend

Yeah, you are right.

My expectations would be:

1. Wi-Fi (lagless, or with as little lag as hackingly possible )
2. Voice Chat
3. Well, pretty much what Frost said...

Nov 09, 08 at 5:36am
Frost

They aren't an absolute virtue to me, but nice graphics are a huge plus.