Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Vampire Weekend » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Sep 22, 08 at 7:27pmNoob Sniper

anybody heard of em I thinks there really good

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 12, 13 at 6:56am
Arjy

I tried getting into these guys but I really don't like them.

IMO they're a bit toothless, it has that lazy style of indie but it doesn't have any BITE to it like some of the better indie bands, it's too laid back. Like listen to The Strokes, similar "lazy" musical styles but when combined with a vocal/percussive edge like The Strokes it creates a really interesting duality, and I think Vampire Weekend would be a lot more interesting with a bit of bite/energy

Dec 12, 13 at 6:50am
Cody

oxford comma, a-punk

Dec 11, 13 at 9:28pm
Sigma

Ive actually really wanted to try listening to Vampire Weekend, so I'm happy this thread was bumped up. Any suggestions of songs from fans for me to try out?

Dec 11, 13 at 9:00pm
Cody

this band is great yet the lyrics are so random and ridiculous lolol

that makes the music so entertaining though.

May 14, 13 at 4:31pm
Distortion

Oh hey, these guys did an AMA on reddit recently.

May 14, 13 at 3:28pm
Mocking Alvin

Didn't expect to love this so much. I planned to listen to Random Access Memories today but couldn't bring myself to turn Modern Vampires of the City off. Hannah Hunt, Hudson and Obvious Bicycle early stand outs, but i can listen to it from start to finish and not skip a single track.

May 09, 13 at 5:15pm
Bollo

Wow. I know this forum doesn't seem to be too fond of slightly preppy indie (or any indie at all really), but this album is brilliant, and I'm only a few songs in.

I sense a huge year coming up for this lot.

May 08, 13 at 5:31pm
Bollo

Need to get on that then. Only heard Diane Young and Step but they're both amazing tracks, Step in particular.

May 07, 13 at 9:55am
Munroe

I'm waiting to buy it, but from the songs I've heard so far, I don't doubt that it will be AOTY. I love these guys.

May 06, 13 at 5:00pm
Zeta

Modern Vampires of The City leaked earlier today, and it's easily my AOTY. Unbelievers is my new favorite song.