Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » HD 4670 Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 10, 08 at 6:48amkspiess

ATI dropped by today and said 'Hey Kev how's it going?' and gave me a HD 4670 to review.

Nutshell: Good mid-range performer. Didn't boggle me like the 4850 and 4870 did, but for 80 clams, there is hardly a thing to complain about. Yes: 80 bucks.

Excellent power management as well.

Note: Overclocking coming tomorrow. I'm going to run some Crossfire X numbers to -- I want to see how it'll do with a HD 3870.

BTW I've noticed some questions to me from previous reviews I have not answered. Sorry about that. I'll visit the forums more. Feel free to PM to if you ever have a pressing question.

Thanks for visiting Neoseeker.

HD 4670 Review: Mainstream muscle card?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 22, 09 at 12:39am
kspiess

The resolutions are written at the bottom of the graphs.

Jul 19, 09 at 5:28pm
baccilus

At what resolution was this review done? I am sorry but I couldn't find it any where in the review.

Jul 19, 09 at 5:28pm
baccilus

At what resolution was this review done. I am sorry but I couldn't find it any where in the review.

Sep 12, 08 at 9:14pm
kspiess

Oh why don't you like demos for benchmarks? I think I'm going to stick with them. The newest demos really stress a card and are a good way to bench, IMHO.

I'm totally and completely going to use max/min/average, as you suggest. That is a good idea... Although actually come to think of it the min will not be that useful, because the FRAPs starts with loading screen, so actually all cards will have the same inaccurate low min. Generally with demos as well the max goes really, really high at some points (spikes of 1000+ frames a second) while the average (as in most of the time during the demo) the FPS is between 30-90.

Sep 10, 08 at 9:42pm
CrankyOldBastard

Boooo you're still using demos for benchmarks, and your graphs are pitiful. Why don't you show minimum, average, and maximum framerates?, it gives a better overall understanding as to how well the card performs.

Sep 10, 08 at 6:48am
kspiess

ATI dropped by today and said 'Hey Kev how's it going?' and gave me a HD 4670 to review.

Nutshell: Good mid-range performer. Didn't boggle me like the 4850 and 4870 did, but for 80 clams, there is hardly a thing to complain about. Yes: 80 bucks.

Excellent power management as well.

Note: Overclocking coming tomorrow. I'm going to run some Crossfire X numbers to -- I want to see how it'll do with a HD 3870.

BTW I've noticed some questions to me from previous reviews I have not answered. Sorry about that. I'll visit the forums more. Feel free to PM to if you ever have a pressing question.

Thanks for visiting Neoseeker.