Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Final Fantasy IV » Dwarf Castle Golbez HELP!!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 07, 08 at 9:14pmgasolinedream

I am lvl 50 and Golben keeps creaming me! I can't revive anyone because he keeps killing them right away and he absorbs their attack anyway. Is there an order for Rydia Summons? It seems to start w. Ramuh for the most part. Someone plz help!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 11, 12 at 8:41pm
MrTVandMe

I was able without slow. First few turns where he does nothing, cast shell and protect (for good measure) on Cecil. Then after he kills everyone, Cecil used pheniox down and rydia heals with high potion. When i managed to get everyone up, i had yang attack, i had non-elemental claws equipped and had rydia summon goblins till her magic ran out. Rosa healed, kain did minor damage and had Cecil defend. (had him holding a fire sword, didn't want to change him healing golbez)

Feb 04, 12 at 8:39pm
Zack_305

I managed to whack him without Slow and at level 32 with Cecil and Rydia at 27. I only revived Rosa and kept her Cecil healing Constantly and Rydia summoning. Its not that I didn't have an easy fight, he kept on Osmosing Rydia so I was Praying with Rosa while Cecil did the bulk of the healing and Rydia would be throwing Hi-Potions as well. So my hits were far between but it was a very good fight that I enjoyed thoroughly and won on the first try. Try changing the bar from Active to Wait, it helps ALOT

Oct 11, 11 at 9:45pm
Forsakengod

o yea and nice 2 year jump bob

Oct 11, 11 at 9:34pm
Forsakengod

well just like BobGuy said if u can use reflect on one of ure guys and then start casting magic but carful when he shifts

Feb 17, 11 at 2:39am
Nihil Scribe

Hey. Trying to take on Dwarf Castle Golbez, but I keep getting wasted. I'm at level 37 with Cecil and 39 with Yang and am pretty high up in terms of HP and MP, and it's easy enough for me to revive my party starting out with the fight against GOLBEZ. I can use Cecil's Libra, but GOLBEZ will use some ghey move that makes it IMPOSSIBLE for Rosa or Rydia to do magic. So I'm basically stuck Libra-ing him and only able to do low-damage stuff while he pummels away endlessly and heals himself. . .
So how do I prevent him from stopping ROSA/RYDIA from using magic? I've tried the REMEDY item and, when Rosa could still do magic, ESUNA, but neither of those work against Golbez' anti-magic bullcrap. Any tips?

Feb 17, 10 at 4:52pm
bob guy

Well i found it quite hard as golbez used barrier shift and any thing i used wasn't good and healed him so instead be like the magus sisters cast reflect on one of ur people cast bio on them it goes to golbez and magnifies the attack

Sep 12, 08 at 12:39am
Principality

It's funny that, because I never had any problems with any of the other bosses (except for Mom Bomb) and all of a sudden I get wiped out by Golbez. Guess I wasn't expecting his difficulty to have gone up so much.

Sep 11, 08 at 9:07pm
McClubbin

Yeah, that's definitely true. I don't think there's anyway you can beat him without casting Slow, unless you really grind out your levels. I must have tried facing him like 5 times without Slow and I used to get pummeled. After casting Slow, I took him down easily. I don't know how I got through Scarmiglione without being aware of Slow.

Sep 11, 08 at 10:42am
Principality

If you don't cast Slow on him, you pretty much have no chance. As if you take the time to revive the other members that have fallen, by the time you get around to using any healing spell on them, they are already dead again from Bio, Fira or Drain.

Sep 11, 08 at 9:11am
yullyuk

you think? i found him pretty easy, obviously i casted slow on him, but hes easy regardless