Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Graphics and Animation » [Help] Official GIMP Help Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Graphics and Animation forum! Please feel free to look around and learn new things in here. Don't be shy in sharing your knowledge as well. Before you start a new thread PLEASE make sure a thread doesn't already exist for the same purpose.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 04, 08 at 8:39pmFevernova03

Your source for GIMPness

Continue with your GIMP troubles and concerns

[previous thread]

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 18, 12 at 2:09pm
Chekkaa

Are you talking about cutting out the background of a picture? If so, it depends on the method you are using.

If you are using a tool from the toolbox, such as rectangle select, free select, fuzzy select, color select, or scissors select, just uncheck the "feather edges" box (which appears in the toolbox after you select the tool).

If you are using a brush to erase the background manually, make sure you have a solid brush instead of a fuzzy brush.

Mar 17, 12 at 7:42pm
Majestic Shadow

Hello, was wondering how make remove the fuzzyness from a picture wehni make it transparent.

Jul 23, 11 at 7:31pm
Bright Blue Yoshi

Hey guys, I'm having issues installing Python plug-ins on GIMP. I'm currently running 64-bit Windows 7, and I downloaded the experimental python pack from gimp.org, but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Jul 14, 11 at 11:43am
crazychef

Maybe a n00b-ish question, but how can I make my current avatar's background transparent? Ican do it on Paint.net but not on gimp

Jun 09, 11 at 11:29am
Pritstick

Sorry for the double post but my edits won't go through...

quote Mouschi Chan
I just downloaded Gimp 2.6 and found out that gimp accepts ABR files, well I downloaded a bunch of new photoshop brushes from DeviantART and noticed some say they are RAR files. What does that mean? And how can I can convert them so they will work on Gimp? Thanks in advance.
RAR files are compressed files or folders, similar to zip folders. You can extract the files so they are useable using a program such as RAR Frog.

Jun 09, 11 at 11:24am
Pritstick

quote The Wind
[size=1][color=blue]How could I draw this in GIMP? How could I even get close? I'm not sure how this guy does this stuff. (He does it in Photoshop, but I can probably make it work in GIMP too.)

code
[img]http://a.yfrog.com/img225/2602/2dm.png[/img][/color][/size]

Also, is there a way I can set my text to always be blue, Size 1?
It seems likely that the guy who drew that used a graphics tablet and a variety of soft brushes at different transparency settings. That style of artwork (not using stock photos) requires real artistry, perhaps more than any other style.

As to your font on neo, if you use FireFox there is an extension called NAMFox which starts every new post you make wiyh the code for a style of your choice.

Feb 04, 11 at 4:23am
Mouschi Chan

I just downloaded Gimp 2.6 and found out that gimp accepts ABR files, well I downloaded a bunch of new photoshop brushes from DeviantART and noticed some say they are RAR files. What does that mean? And how can I can convert them so they will work on Gimp? Thanks in advance.

Feb 01, 11 at 3:41am
The Wind

How could I draw this in GIMP? How could I even get close? I'm not sure how this guy does this stuff. (He does it in Photoshop, but I can probably make it work in GIMP too.)

Also, is there a way I can set my text to always be blue, Size 1?

Jan 30, 11 at 12:39pm
Laika

quote Patrick94
Laika, I was just looking for a very basic tutorial on how to change images sizes and put images together, something like that? And as for an update a general one?
    Well in that case I could just tell you that. As for the update, I think it updates general software automatically.

Jan 30, 11 at 12:26pm
Patrick

Laika, I was just looking for a very basic tutorial on how to change images sizes and put images together, something like that? And as for an update a general one?