Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Football Manager 2008 » INTER MILAN CRISIS!! NEED HELP » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 01, 08 at 6:11pmiceman89

GUYS please reply,, the more reply the better... i need your help!

most of inter players are old! What should i do with them? I tried selling a few of them, but no body wants to buy because they're really old,, DOES THIS MEAN I'M STUCK WITH THESE OLD PLAYERS? and even when a club wants to buy, they want it cheap due to age factors.

what should i do?? please help me....

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 24, 12 at 7:27pm
Decc95

rooney871 you do realise that this thread is around 4 years old?

Jan 26, 12 at 6:56pm
rooney871

The fact that you are in 'crisis' in your first season on a new game means youre out of your depth and have clearly chosen the wrong club to manage! you know how old these players are before you select to manage them!!

maybe try arsenal? they have a much younger squad!!

Anyway, my tips for this situation(since ive just started an inter game)

1.build up a very strong U20's squad with as many youngsters with high potential because you can save on transfer fee's by season 3, with youngsters from season one. SAIVET, Sakho, Pjanic, wijnaldum, zeefuik ETC (there is a thread for young players somewhere!)

try to loan them out to feeder clubs for 2/3 season then introduce to 1st team squad.

2. as also mentioned in other replies TAKE WHATEVER YOU CAN GET for any player you are sure you wont need e.g. Solari for me, because i dont play wingers.

even if its only 25% of his 'value' he is actually no REAL value to you.

3.if you really cant shift them at all just use them to TUTOR youngsters and try and get them to become coaches!

4. since youre whinging about age, limit any incoming transfers to 26/27 year-olds and SELL as many as you can by 30 so you will never have this problem again.

Good luck.

Aug 03, 08 at 4:26pm
foomonkey

quote TheRedDevilsManUTD
you just agreed with my first post in saying old players are still a very good choice for the first 11 bascically.
what Ringbinder said;

"32 is not old.
32 is young.
he still has over half his life left so in age terms he is young.
as a footballer 32 is considered old.
as this is the age wen they lose there pace and stamina.
however as a goaly you dont need that as much as an outfield player.
so for a goalkeeper 32 is not old.
so to include dida in a list of old players is unfair because i dount milan would be looking to replace him anytime soon as he has plenty of years left in him."

...much more simpler than the spraff im coming out with

...also, i wasnt disputing that players who are 30+ are shit. i said my preference was to have players who are young. i never once mentioned that a player who is 30+ cant get into the 1st 11 as i evidently said i usually had some players in that age bracket for mainly GK and DC.

so to repoint out what RingBinder kindly simplified;

so to include dida in a list of old players is unfair because i dount milan would be looking to replace him anytime soon as he has plenty of years left in him

i think we are both in deep discussion (ie arguing ) over something that we both agree on

Aug 03, 08 at 7:05am
MattyH

A tutor can vary in length.
If the player takes a warming to the tutor it can last all season, which is when it becomes most effective.

Aug 03, 08 at 4:09am
iceman89

how long does a tutor lasts??? and how do i know that the tutor is working?
quote ViNCeNZo
quote iceman89
so how do i exactly tell my experienced players to coach my youth? sorry, but i really am new to the game.. so please understand...
If you view the (young) player's profile, you can click an option called "player interaction". You'll then be given a certain number of players you can choose from that are able to tutor him.

Tutoring is a great way to have your younger players inherent nice preferred moves from the oldies.

However, there are chances of it not really working, due to personality differences. It can also fail the other way around. It's tough to learn something from someone sharing the same views as you!

Aug 03, 08 at 12:13am
MattyH

As Inter Milan already have a very strong squad in my opinion.
I would keep all players, challenge for the league in your first season, getting to know the game.
Then after a season or too, after you have worked out how to deal with transfers etc, look for young superstar talent.

In all honesty, when i have old players, which i don't as i only buy players under 24, i sell them for anything i can get as they usually have a high wage.

Aug 02, 08 at 11:18pm
RingBinder LCFC

32 is not old.
32 is young.
he still has over half his life left so in age terms he is young.
as a footballer 32 is considered old.
as this is the age wen they lose there pace and stamina.
however as a goaly you dont need that as much as an outfield player.
so to include dida in a list of old players is unfair because i dount milan would be looking to replace him anytime soon as he has plenty of years left in him.

Aug 02, 08 at 9:27pm
TheRedDevilsManUTD

quote foomonkey
[quote=TheRedDevilsManUTD|message:21250915]
quote]
i did read the whole thing and you've obviously missed my point.

yeh a player who is 32 is still 32, but depending on the position he plays it can make little or big difference to his prime. a GK being 32 is considered to be in his prime while, say compared to most midfeild positions they usually max out around 29. a top class midfielder could then prob play to 34~35 which is a difference of 5~6 years while a top class GK up to 38 or over which is 6 years or more.

just because the GK age is 32 doesnt mean that hes not got what it takes to play for as long a period if not longer than another position. if anything a GK will put in a hell of alot more play time considering they start of at the same age as any other player.

to conclude, specific age of a person isnt important as its their prime age that is important depending on the position they play to determine if they are past it or not.
you just agreed with my first post in saying old players are still a very good choice for the first 11 bascically.

Aug 02, 08 at 6:09pm
ViNCeNZo

quote iceman89
so how do i exactly tell my experienced players to coach my youth? sorry, but i really am new to the game.. so please understand...
If you view the (young) player's profile, you can click an option called "player interaction". You'll then be given a certain number of players you can choose from that are able to tutor him.

Tutoring is a great way to have your younger players inherent nice preferred moves from the oldies.

However, there are chances of it not really working, due to personality differences. It can also fail the other way around. It's tough to learn something from someone sharing the same views as you!

Aug 02, 08 at 5:47pm
foomonkey

quote TheRedDevilsManUTD
a GK in his early 30's is in his prime and can play easily up to 38 so dida isnt exactly "old" material.
32 is old weather hes good enough to play untill 38 hes old.maybe you should read as i allready said a few were just 32.
i did read the whole thing and you've obviously missed my point.

yeh a player who is 32 is still 32, but depending on the position he plays it can make little or big difference to his prime. a GK being 32 is considered to be in his prime while, say compared to most midfeild positions they usually max out around 29. a top class midfielder could then prob play to 34~35 which is a difference of 5~6 years while a top class GK up to 38 or over which is 6 years or more.

just because the GK age is 32 doesnt mean that hes not got what it takes to play for as long a period if not longer than another position. if anything a GK will put in a hell of alot more play time considering they start of at the same age as any other player.

to conclude, specific age of a person isnt important as its their prime age that is important depending on the position they play to determine if they are past it or not.