Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Graphics and Animation » Graphic Battles Main 3 » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Welcome to the Graphics and Animation forum! Please feel free to look around and learn new things in here. Don't be shy in sharing your knowledge as well. Before you start a new thread PLEASE make sure a thread doesn't already exist for the same purpose.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 28, 08 at 8:12pmAphex

Please mark all threads with a [Battle] at the beginning.

The Gist

This will be the area of discussion, challenging and updates. Graphic battles will consist of (but not limited to) 2 contestants competing against each other. Several ways of competing exist.

Theme: Challenger and opponent agree on the same theme. Judges vote on who portrayed the theme the best.

Collaberation: Challenger will create or manipulate a piece half-way, and then pass it along for his opponent to finish. Judges will then decide whose effort was the best.

Toss Back: Same basics of a collaberation, except it is done in rounds. Challenger starts out with something, passing it to his opponent, and his opponent will pass it back to the challenger. This will go on for a predetermined amount of rounds.

Request: Each contestant will accept the same graphic request from a member. Using the same images, same description, etc.. to see who can create the better request.

Clash: Challenger will choose one theme of art (abstract for example) and his opponent must choose an opposite theme (grunge in this case). Judges will then cast their vote as to who did a better job with their theme.

Rule-age

• Theme. Size. Demensions. Number of Rounds. Time Limit. -- All must be agreed upon before competing.

• Please leave a courtesy post in this thread if you plan on battling someone!!

• Challenger will post his submission(s) first.

• Each battle will be judged by at least 2 judges.

• Contestants can request certain judges, otherwise any two (or more) are welcome to judge your battle.

• If two judges conflict each other, a third judge will come to make the call.

• Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 19, 13 at 7:06pm
    Remedy

Now that the poll system is up, I would like to see some more battles going on.

If anyone is up for it, I'm down for any type of graphic battle. Theme and size is for you to choose.

Oct 26, 13 at 8:50pm
    Stephers

quote shayne
    i wouldn't mind battling but i'm kinda shit
    ah well lol stephers you wanna battle?

man that sounds like we're playing pokémon or something :B
    uh sure haha

Oct 26, 13 at 5:50pm
    Nathan

quote Lyonnais
    quote Nathan
    come at me lyonnais. you down?
    If you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here.

i want you to fix my chopper before i stomp your goofy ass!

Oct 26, 13 at 2:36pm
    Lyonnais

quote Nathan
    If you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here.

Oct 25, 13 at 7:20pm
    Remedy

Giggity. Perfect match ups.

I want to battle as well before next week, still waiting on The Answer to get cleared from school work. Idc what theme it is, I'm down.

Oct 25, 13 at 4:34pm
    shayne

i wouldn't mind battling but i'm kinda shit
    ah well lol stephers you wanna battle?

man that sounds like we're playing pokémon or something :B

Oct 25, 13 at 3:08pm
    Nathan

Oct 24, 13 at 4:42pm
    Remedy

Bump

We'll see how this goes, if not, we just move on.

Edit: shayne vs Stephers would be an epic match. Same goes to the butt bros Lyonnais vs Nathan

Oct 20, 11 at 7:22am
    Moffman

Is There Any Beginning Wanting a Practice Battle ??????

Mar 27, 11 at 7:45am
    Ultimaodin

Well I'm free to battle anyone.

Anyway the major reason I'm posting here (not just to say someone vote on Sig of the week) but to run a monthly challenge idea byt mods and members.

I was thinking of doing a vg mock-up challenge thread. Basically one month will be given to anyone and everyone willing to participate and the participants get to attempt making their own video game mock ups. If your unsure what a mock-up is it's essentially just a still taken to present an idea of a game. Of course a theme will be given each month eg Side-scroller RPG, First Person Shooter, top view puzzle etc... other times I may just give a theme along the lines of zombies, medieval, sports etc...
    Dimensions would be like 640w x 480h and you can use any style to make your mock up (brush art, vector art, pixel art, 3d modeling or any other form of artistic digital creation)

So yeah comments would be great guys/girls.