Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Lukas's Reviews » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541

hideOriginal Post

Jul 19, 08 at 1:31amLukas

Hello all! Mainly just dumping reviews that I type out for all you wonderful people. My main platforms are PS3, PS2 and PC but there'll be some room for other consoles.

Rating System:
0 - *bleep* you
Games that are really really *bleep*ing bad get this score. Thankfully, it's only reserved for the likes of Ninjabread Man and Superman 64.

1 - Mi Krop
These games *bleep*ing suck.

2 - Shit
These games are pretty bad, but you know for a fact that there's worse out there.

3 - Bad
Eh, they mean well at least. That... counts for something, right?

4 - Below average
They do more wrong than right, but aren't that offensive.

5 - Average
Like a void of nothing. Just... complete nothingness.

6 - Above average
They do more right then wrong, but aren't really good.

7 - Good
They tend to be good, but they have some screws loose that stop them from being OH MY GOD MUST BUY!!!

8 - Great
Besides some small issues, these tend to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

9 - *bleep*ing excellent
Why the *bleep* haven't you got this already? What are you waiting for, Nintendo to release it?

10 - Better than sex!!!
Just as rare as the *bleep* You rating, this is reserved for the very absolute *bleep*ing best of the best.

There you have it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 11, 14 at 11:27pm
Alyssa

Just a quick question - when you said that the R&C formula was getting old, were you just referring to the weapons? Because when I read the first paragraph, you make it sound like the whole thing was old and yet, you still go on about it being fun and all that, only saying that the weapons have gotten old. Or maybe I'm not reading it right.

Mar 03, 14 at 8:42pm
Jak

Definitely loving the enthusiasm found in your review of Into The Nexus.

Does it really end on such an abrupt note, as if to say "hey guys buy a PS4 if you want more Ratchet & Clank action?" Seems a bit shit in that regard, especially since A Crack In Time did have a definite ending. But hey, if it keeps the traditional R&C gameplay, then it's all good.

no, you fired the rocket launcher at the group of enemies and it has the ability to spawn small exploding balls that'll hurt the surrounding enemies some!
And it causes more explosions, right?

Sep 06, 13 at 6:51am
Watain

couple of things

first, I don't like when people do the whole "oooh you gotta read to the next paragraph so you'll know how I'll end my sentence" thing more than once. worked great with the first couple of paragraphs; didn't work so well when you took a shot at Final Fantasy X's shit sidequests. could probably write that up better.

secondly, at parts, I've seen you butcher the English language. maybe it's just me, but there are parts here and there where it seems like you were writing a completely different sentence, like you changed one half of it but didn't change the other half to better fit the edit. that, or you were too excited and forgot to type it out properly.

finally, the way in which you said that Final Fantasy 4 is only Final Fantasy 2 due to the real 2 and 3 not being released internationally seems too abrupt and out of place.

love the review otherwise.

Sep 05, 13 at 12:01am
Lukas

quote Praetorian_Lord
I guess then I'd still be in favour of a half-sentence explanation of this just so the ignorant dipsticks among your readers can keep up

Sep 04, 13 at 6:08pm
Praetorian_Lord

quote Monterey Jack
that's cuz 2 and 3 didn't get released internationally until years later so we got 4, but so they don't confuse people, they released it as 2 internationally.
Blimey, well that's confusing. I guess then I'd still be in favour of a half-sentence explanation of this just so the ignorant dipsticks among your readers can keep up, but given that this advice is coming from one of said dipsticks... you can take it with a pinch of salt.

Sep 04, 13 at 6:17am
Monterey Jack

quote Praetorian_Lord
Lukas just a quick thing regarding your Final Fantasy review currently up for AoE - enjoyed it but which FF is it about, again? It's just that it's been submitted under FFII and the cover art is for II as well, but unless I'm missing something you keep calling it FFIV during your review?
that's cuz 2 and 3 didn't get released internationally until years later so we got 4, but so they don't confuse people, they released it as 2 internationally.

Sep 03, 13 at 8:09pm
Praetorian_Lord

Lukas just a quick thing regarding your Final Fantasy review currently up for AoE - enjoyed it but which FF is it about, again? It's just that it's been submitted under FFII and the cover art is for II as well, but unless I'm missing something you keep calling it FFIV during your review?

Aug 28, 13 at 9:34am
Watain

quote Lukas
part of me wants to say that you have to read between the lines because there are opinions laced throughout, but that sounds pretty arrogant, so I'll just say that I was trying for a bit more of a formal style with those reviews and clearly, I didn't quite get it right.
no shit. I don't mind it when you lace the formalities throughout your reviews to explain something, but it just doesn't read out right when you try to be formal despite trying to be more casual. IMO, Polarity's the only one who can mix casual and formal tones to a successful degree, mainly due to the way he composes his reviews versus how you do yours up.

Aug 27, 13 at 8:06am
Lukas

part of me wants to say that you have to read between the lines because there are opinions laced throughout, but that sounds pretty arrogant, so I'll just say that I was trying for a bit more of a formal style with those reviews and clearly, I didn't quite get it right.

I've been trying to get back into it with my Final Fantasy 4, Revengeance, Okami and Guacamelee reviews though. Once I'm done, well, let's just say that I hope they're more successful.

Aug 20, 13 at 2:06am
Watain

quote Monterey Jack
just noticed that your Mark Of The Ninja review is a bit too fact sheet-y like you're just listing features. might want to make it look more like a review than a Wikipedia page mate.
agreed. Alyssa did a similar thing with her's, but Lukas' is a lot worse in this regard because while Alyssa at least tried to intersperse it with opinions (emphasis on tried - it's not quite there), Lukas tries to inject "personality" into it, and it just reads rather clumsily. same deal with the Super House Of Dead Ninjas review.

Lukas, I feel like you're losing it. going between your Mark Of The Ninja and Jak & Daxter reviews is like reading something from two completely different reviewers - the J&D one is well written and at least mildly amusing at times while the Mark Of The Ninja one is a poor man's Angry Joe review - it's *bleep*ing boring to read. having to wait until the conclusion to learn whether it's any good is pretty *bleep*ing lame. come on man!