Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy VIII » Final Fantasy Wiki! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the [link name=General Final Fantasy Forum]index.php?fn=browse_forum&forumid=119[/link] instead.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jul 12, 08 at 10:57amAgrias

Hi guys!

Some of you guys may not know yet, but Final Fantasy Portal is now Final Fantasy wiki.

I'm here to ask for your help. Currently all the staff are focused on FFXII (and other recent ones), so Final Fantasy VIII has been left behind, thought it isn't that bad.

I'm sure that just like me, you love this game, and you would love to see its section complete, so new players, or even veterans that still don't know this or that, could take some info from it.

As I recalled in other threads, plagiarism are 100% not tolerated. Copying from the old portal it is, but other than that, it is not.

Help it grow!
*Contribute to Final Fantasy VIII!

P.S. Lone Warrior; Looking forward to see your great knowledge there..remember the PM?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 08, 09 at 2:07pm
nanfoodle

Hey guys the wiki looks awesome. I wanted to write a site dedicated to FFVIII years ago after I'd played it thru a few times but never really got around to it

Long live Balamb Garden!

Oct 20, 08 at 7:41pm
Ian_F1

I added some stuff about minor characters, check it out to see if there is anything I missed

Oct 06, 08 at 10:49am
Principality

Well, I updated Selphie's part of the character page. Sorry it took me so long!! I'll get around to the rest of them. Just been so busy! =[

Sep 17, 08 at 2:43pm
carous Elambra

Ultimecia is not Edea, they're two different people, yeh? so anything that Ultimecia does THROUGH Edea, is done indirectly. There is no consent or intent on Edea's behalf. You can suggest all you like mate, dont change the fact that you dunno what you're talking about. I dont have some undying need to spoil games or have them described to me, if you have any useful information that might help, key word there HELP people, then go for it. It's defintly not for ruining their enjoyment of the story though mate.

Sep 17, 08 at 4:48am
cvx

quote carouselambra
Even though shes bein controlled indirectly by Ultimecia, she's still a villain for a large part of the game, doesnt matter why or what the motive is. I would say Ultimeica is ultimatly the MAIN main villain, but thats a bit of a twist innit. the wiki is there for information, it's not there to ruin the game. Feel free to add a bit on Ultemecia though man.
"Indirectly"?! If being inside someone's body, and controling/using it as your own, is indirect control, than what do you call direct control?
There is no form of control more direct than using the body of another person, as a host for your own soul.
Hell, Edea herself says that you was fighting Ultimecia all along, and NOT her(the quote on my previous post).

And EVERY Wiki on the net have spoilers. If you don't want to "ruin the game", then I suggest you to stay away from every one of them.
Wikis exist to "ruin the stories" by giving a lot of information about them. That's the way it is.

Aug 13, 08 at 8:30pm
carous Elambra

Even though shes bein controlled indirectly by Ultimecia, she's still a villain for a large part of the game, doesnt matter why or what the motive is. I would say Ultimeica is ultimatly the MAIN main villain, but thats a bit of a twist innit. the wiki is there for information, it's not there to ruin the game. Feel free to add a bit on Ultemecia though man.

Aug 13, 08 at 7:22pm
cvx

Edea talking in Disc 3: "The sorceress that appeared in Galbadia was in fact Ultimecia...inside my shell..."

Aug 13, 08 at 7:13pm
cvx

You need to change Edea's section. She was just being used as a host for Ultimecia's soul/consciousness. Edea herself never did anything evil during the story.

If you want credibility to your Wiki, it would be better to edit Edea's section, because it's wrong.

Aug 13, 08 at 7:05pm
cvx

LOL at Edea being the main villain.

Aug 03, 08 at 4:28pm
carous Elambra

I dunno if this would come under world map/ locations, but a chocobo forest section would be useful. I know where all the forests are, but I dunno how to solve the puzzles so someone else could write that up. i dont wanna mess around with things on there too much cos i dont know what im doing, so if someone else adds the pages and does the technical stuff i dont mind adding the almost useful bits of knowledge in carousels head. i was gonna ask as well, is the wiki just for like information, or is it for tips and stuff, like a whole online guide? i knows some stuff. i seen some thinggggggs maaan