Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Diamond HD4870 review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 04, 08 at 5:02amkspiess

This week we review the bigger bro of the 4850: the HD 4870.

Diamond Radeon HD 4870 Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 23, 09 at 12:41am
General Diesaster

Hey, I love it! Only one problem, when I play a HD racing game it get's really hot and since I am running Windows Server 2003 it is not supported by the Catalyst CC so I can't figure how to speed up the fan to cool it down?!?!? I added dual 70mm fans made by Vantec in the PCI slots above and below and that helped, but that would not allow for me to add a second HD4870 later and run in crossfire configuration.

Jul 10, 08 at 10:38pm
kspiess

quote tallteen86
I'm no expert on graphics cards (just done a minimal amount of research), but it looks pretty good

I looked up the price (maybe I missed it on your article?) But it seems to be a pretty good deal for the price ($300).

If I ever build a rig, I'll look into getting this, or more likely some variant (perhaps a later generation, or competitor equivalent) down the line....

Lets hope that powerful cards for a relatively low price, will be a more common trend in the future.
This card 'owns' . But you'll also be in excellent shape to game with the HD 4850, which is $199, if you want to save a bit of cash.

Jul 10, 08 at 10:37pm
kspiess

quote Eepeepee
I'd like to point out that the drivers you used to run these benchmarks probably caused the cards power saving features to be turned off, explaining the high power consumption!
Thanks for that; I'll look into that. The power usage did seem a bit higher than I anticipated .

Jul 09, 08 at 4:06am
Shadow of Death

I'm no expert on graphics cards (just done a minimal amount of research), but it looks pretty good ^_^

I looked up the price (maybe I missed it on your article?) But it seems to be a pretty good deal for the price ($300).

If I ever build a rig, I'll look into getting this, or more likely some variant (perhaps a later generation, or competitor equivalent) down the line....

Lets hope that powerful cards for a relatively low price, will be a more common trend in the future.

Jul 08, 08 at 6:15am
VeGiTAX2

There have been quite a few earlier sample kit reviews showing similar signs using the beta build. =/ hopefully they figure something out with those and they fix Crossfire X properly down the road. >_<

I get that they wanted things out the door fast but some things should get priority attention.

Jul 07, 08 at 10:08pm
Eepeepee

I'd like to point out that the drivers you used to run these benchmarks probably caused the cards power saving features to be turned off, explaining the high power consumption!

Jul 04, 08 at 3:01pm
VeGiTAX2

They're speculating at the end of the month with a 15% gain over regular crossfire configuration. Should be pretty attractive when it arrives in a few weeks.

Jul 04, 08 at 12:19pm
Iceguy2003

Hubba Hubba what a power house. Think they'll have an X2 version, soon?

Jul 04, 08 at 5:02am
kspiess

This week we review the bigger bro of the 4850: the HD 4870.