Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Aeons are worthless... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jun 16, 08 at 7:32pmMcilrath

So far I've found a use for every character in the game.

Auron is useless by the time you get him. Kimahri is more than strong enough to replace him by the time you get Auron.

Am I smoking crack, or is he indeed the most worthless character in Final Fantasy X?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 30, 08 at 10:06pm
b_eef

the only aeons i really used were bahamut, magus sisters, shiva, and anima ... and auron was WAAAAAAY more powerful for me than kimahri. my starting lineup is usually auron, yuna, tidus -- or auron, lulu, wakka. i switch yuna or wakka our for rikku so she can Mug and get some AP -- himahri was always really useless.. and so were the aeons. (unless i was in a boss fight)

Nov 27, 08 at 1:05am
Mcilrath

quote Sleva
Aeons are helpfull for one thing and one thing only: Taking one for the Team!
[...]
Anima still rocks my pile though... only Aeon of mine who isn't completely worthless .
The first bit shouldn't really be needed, once you reach about 2/3 of the game (read: Calm Lands). Any single aeon becomes ineffective, irregardless, since they get less turns overall. The Magus Sisters suffer from the same drawback on paper, but can actually be much more useful. If you get lucky anyway. Damn "Taking a break" 4 *bleep*ing turns in a row...

Nov 26, 08 at 9:38pm
Sleva

Aeons are helpfull for one thing and one thing only: Taking one for the Team!
I used my Aeons on Dark Yojimbo whenever he got his overdrive gauge up to full.
(Dark Yojimbo was a dissapointment by the way... TT_TT for being so god-damn impossible first time I met him, he wasn't really much of a challenge after I got my Celestial Weapons and Super boosts.

Anima still rocks my pile though... only Aeon of mine who isn't completely worthless .

Nov 26, 08 at 12:47am
Mcilrath

quote DragonSLAYER45
I hardly used aeons after I got the celestial weapons. I only used them when I was really in trouble. I used them for most of the Arena Species.

Magus Sisters? I just hate them all of the sudden.
As craptastic as Aeons are, they actually make Yuna the - unarguable - best character in the entire game. Go figure.

Nov 26, 08 at 12:21am
DragonSlayer45

Kimahri had a cool "dragoon" class and Auron was helpful with the breaks.

I hardly used aeons after I got the celestial weapons. I only used them when I was really in trouble. I used them for most of the Arena Species.

Magus Sisters? I just hate them all of the sudden.

Nov 25, 08 at 8:09pm
Sleva

In the end... all characters have more than 70000 life, and damage 99999 regardless of enemy defence >>
It is shocking.
(and it took me 650 hours of gameplay)

Only Anima is worth using...
though Wakkas Overdrive and the team work of all characters is enough to blow your enemies away.
I use the team of Yuna (no mp cost and magic booster), Wakka (super Attack Reals 16 x 99999 damage), and Tidus (Auto-Haste and Blitz ace).
When all character have Ribbon, HP and Damage break and some kick as entrust and auto-life abilities all Aeons become jokes.

Though. My Anima have a kick ass defence. And the only magics it knows is Haste, Protect, Shell and Reflect... I use Anima for physical-attack proof enemies with high magical defence. Such as that stupid super flan.

Nov 20, 08 at 1:53pm
Killer878

Auron is better the Kimhari but i like them both.

Nov 12, 08 at 3:21pm
Baks

Thats a lie.

You have to use him to complete the game though. Not using him is a not an option.

Since Kimhari has a solo boss against Biran and Yenke Ronso up on Mt Gagazet.

Nov 12, 08 at 9:04am
seal_sasuke_01

Would You Believe I Never Used Kimahri

Nov 10, 08 at 4:22am
Baks

quote Koj
I don't see how Kimahri is versatile at all. His purposed sphere grid range thing is small. He has Ultima but I don't really bother with it since it has all those Lv. 4 Key spheres on it and it's already too much trouble to get past.

Well Kimahri can make a pretty good thief early on in the game , as he can easily learn Steal. Seeing as you don't get Rikku until midgame.