Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » AMD X2 5000+ Black Edition + Asus M2n32 vs. Intel Quad Xeon X3210 + P45 Board » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 17, 08 at 1:10am
bhenning

The intel would be faster; you can look at the reviews of the M2N32SLI, and the Xeon 3210 on this site and compare the numbers (results of the benchmarks)

The intel will cost you a fair bit more tho.

FYI, p35 is pretty much identical to p45

Best,

Bill

quote mocap
hi guys, I'm a bit new to this but I want to build a new stystem and I want to know how large the difference would be between the two systems mentioned in the Title.

The point is that I wanna build a good OC'd PC. And therefore I wanna use the best parts for instance (except the Motherboard and CPU) the Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC-8500

So now is the question how would you compare a overclocked Asus m2n32+5000+ Black system with a OC'd Intel Xeon x3210 + p45 motherboard ( I don't know which mobo yet since they arent out)

The thing about the Xeon is, that I need every core to be able to run at its maximum performance and I think that's not quite possible with p35 boards.

So will the P45 boards be more optimized for quads?

Another question is how do you see the Performance to Price ratio between the two systems. I mean if the almost 4GHZ AMD system is 75% as good as the Intel system I'd rather get myself the AMD because its really cheap, compared to the Intel.

I hope you can help me deciding with the wisdom of yours

Jun 12, 08 at 1:38pm
ByRo

The Intel will stomp all over the AMD even at stock speeds. Once overclock it'll eat it for breakfast.

Jun 12, 08 at 11:43am
mocap

hi guys, I'm a bit new to this but I want to build a new stystem and I want to know how large the difference would be between the two systems mentioned in the Title.

The point is that I wanna build a good OC'd PC. And therefore I wanna use the best parts for instance (except the Motherboard and CPU) the Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC-8500

So now is the question how would you compare a overclocked Asus m2n32+5000+ Black system with a OC'd Intel Xeon x3210 + p45 motherboard ( I don't know which mobo yet since they arent out)

The thing about the Xeon is, that I need every core to be able to run at its maximum performance and I think that's not quite possible with p35 boards.

So will the P45 boards be more optimized for quads?

Another question is how do you see the Performance to Price ratio between the two systems. I mean if the almost 4GHZ AMD system is 75% as good as the Intel system I'd rather get myself the AMD because its really cheap, compared to the Intel.

I hope you can help me deciding with the wisdom of yours