Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Feedback] "link name=" tags » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jun 10, 08 at 12:49amBrokenKnights

I'm sure this has already been brought up somewhere, but I really don't like how when you highlight a word now and click link name, it not only copies the word into the tag but also keeps it outside of the tag. It's not that big a deal, it just used to never do that so I know its possible to go back to and woudl much prefer it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 26, 08 at 3:22pm
hbn

May I just say that the tags work brilliantly in Firefox.

Jun 13, 08 at 9:07pm
BrokenKnights

Yup. Much obliged. I can link out of this world now

Jun 13, 08 at 9:03pm
Dio

Thanks.

The text doesn't double anymore.

Jun 13, 08 at 8:44pm
huntyr

Fixed the {link name=} button so the text gets moved properly.

As for the popup getting blocked, We can account for it, but we can't work around it. I've found a link that gives you the steps to eliminate the default behavior.

I expect this will be resolved in IE8. I only see references to the "feature" and IE7 in my googling.

Jun 13, 08 at 3:48am
Artificer

I'm not representing/incriminating the site or its developers here by saying this, but there should be some way to account for it.

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Artificer on Jun 12 2008.

Jun 13, 08 at 2:06am
Dio

But theres only an option to "Temporarily Allow Scripted Windows". Theres no permanent fix.

Is there a way to go back to the old markup style, instead of using scripted windows?

Jun 13, 08 at 1:03am
Artificer

Yep, just click on the bar when it pops up and choose to accept scripted windows.

Jun 12, 08 at 10:15pm
Dio

Yeah, this happens to me as well. Its very annoying.

I use IE7, here is a screenshot of what happens when I highlight a word and hit "link name=":

Maybe it has something to do with the information bar that pops up when I click "link name=":

Jun 11, 08 at 2:05am
Redemption

It seems to be an IE issue, we'll be trying to get it fixed by tomorrow.

Jun 11, 08 at 1:42am
Final Blade

i have the newest FireFox and it doesn't do it for me.