Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » FIFA 09 (Playstation 3 and Xbox 360) Latest Rumours » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 23, 08 at 12:32pmInsideAction

FIFA 09 the latest installment of the top selling football franchise is being developed at EA Canada and is boasting over 251 improvements from FIFA 08. Over two weeks ago the game was shown at the EA Gamers Day. Here are the latest rumours circulating about the game:

- Improved physics system. FIFA 09 has an improved physics system which affects both players and the football itself allowing for beautiful, powerful and deveastating shots and unprecedented levels of realism during a match.

- Improved animation system. The brilliant animation system seen in FIFA 08 is improved upon to include hundreds of new animations for players that further add to the simulation feel of the game.

- New player faces. 3D player modelling is vastly improved and now offers unbelievable similarities to the real life counterparts.

- Increased response times and game speed. Player response times have been increased to increase the flow of the game as in real life, while game speed has been tweaked from FIFA 08.

- Improved graphics, lighting, textures and crowd. Overall graphics have been improved upon once again. Lighting changes in real-time depending on the time of the match. Crowds in the stadium have been redeveloped for the new entry.

- Player height and weight. Player weight and height plays a cruical role in aspects such as aerial challenging and strength on the ground.

- Visible referee, linesman, staff and dugouts. For the first time in the FIFA series referees, linesmen, subs and ground staff are all visible. All have distinct animations such as subs warming up for their arrival.

- Weather options and pitch affects. FIFA 09 now includes weather options such as rain and snow which change conditions during the games progression. In addition the pitch is now affected and becomes more worn during wet matches and slide tackles.

- Increased number of teams and stadiums. As the same during every release FIFA 09 will increase the number of licensed club and international teams as well as their official corresponding stadiums.

- Changes to Be A Pro and Manager Mode. FIFA 09 will bring new changes to Be A Pro and Manager Mode such as camera angles and enhanced options.

- Enhanced online modes. FIFA was the first football game to allow upto 5vs5 online and now this is taken up a gear with full 10vs10 online. Matches now have options for simple 1 player matches, 2vs2, 5vs5 and 10vs10 online games.

- Interactive Celebrations. As seen in UEFA Euro 2008, interactive celebrations will be incorporated into FIFA 09.

- Greatly improved edit mode. Edit mode has now been changed to incorporate a wealth of new options.

FIFA 09 is set to become the ultimate football simulation. New previews will be released along with first screenshots by the end of June 2008.

- Improved Artificial Intelligence system. AI systems have been recoded and act far more realistically. AI now take actions based on the score and change formation as appropriate. Attakcing and defensive measures are used as well as risk assessment.

- Advanced tactics editor. Attacking and defensive styles as well as changes to formation can now be changed on the fly. Risks can be chosen as well as new changes to set pieces.

- Less loading. FIFA is now more streamlined and more efficient and as a result there is less pause and play due to the fewer loading screens.

Recent FIFA 09 news has been seen on magazines and online.
OPM UK reported this:

'FIFA HITS FORM
Whisper it, but we're so impressed by EA's latest that the phrase 'Pro Evo beater' is being bandied around by OPM staff.'

PSM3 reported this:

'EA's latest silences its sternest critic...yes, us.'

In a recent 1up podcast, FIFA 09 is meant to have a revolutionary new feature and was so good it was in for consideration for GOTY.

Also CVG reported on a recent article by US based Gamepro:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189577

This message was merged with other messages by Koloth (moderator)

This message was merged with other messages by Koloth (moderator)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 08 at 5:14pm
Ballsax

Question for anyone who KNOWS about fifa 09 or may have leak info: 1. Will the Seattle Sounders be making it onto the new list of clubs?
2. The one thing I didn't like about fifa 08 was that you could add a guest that was on the same xbox to online play, but you couldn't play on the same team as a friend on another xbox online... so when you talk about enhanced online play, will you be able to play on the same team as a friend from another xbox online?

Sep 17, 08 at 11:34pm
jackbergin

I think it looks stunning, and you and a few others saying otherwise just shows how much standards have raised in this generation. I don't suppose that's a bad thing though. Higher standards of consumer = better product.

Sep 17, 08 at 11:18pm
Stefan

quote jackbergin
quote Nozza_1000
I have to say i wasn't won round by the FIFA 09 demo. It was alright but it felt as though it was trying too hard.
Truly baffled by that, too.
my first impression was that it was a wee bit more cartoony graphically but i think it looked better when u adjusted to it.
i was just hoping for a much better looking game, although i dug out my old fifa 05 and realised how far we'd come in only 3 years graphically.

Sep 17, 08 at 10:50pm
jackbergin

quote Nozza_1000
I have to say i wasn't won round by the FIFA 09 demo. It was alright but it felt as though it was trying too hard.
Truly baffled by that, too.

Sep 17, 08 at 6:26pm
Nozza_1000

Sep 17, 08 at 4:50pm
jackbergin

I've always been a FIFA man. I've always given PES a go because my mate always gets it, but I'm truly baffled as to why people like it. To me, it looks and plays like a childs game. But each to his own.

Sep 17, 08 at 4:43pm
Motorway Maniac

I heard the PS3 edition has extra content.

Sep 17, 08 at 4:21pm
Stefan

i played the fifa demo lastnite and tbh i couldn't see a real difference in the game and last years one.

little bit dissapointed

although it was on a 360 so that may be why.

Sep 17, 08 at 5:22am
Foxfan

fifa was always a long way behind PES until 08 where it took over and looking at the 09 preview ill be sticking with fifa!

Jul 09, 08 at 8:42pm
Ameer

At least know Konami will have to actually work on their Pro Evo game this year. I've always been pro Evo (excuse the pun) and the new competition of the last FIFA will have them looking over their shoulders.